Those who called Rep. Lewis ******

Well now you are the speaker, for ALL HUMAN BEINGS.

yes one can find it offensive, but I'm not going to lose three days of sleep rehashing the same shit over and over.
ain't a damn thing can be done about it. It won't be the first time and it won't be the last. that is just HUMAN NATURE.

Yes I do speak for all HUMAN BEINGS. Real Humans find the word ****** to be offensive

There was a time when I would have agreed with you totally. Now I'm not so sure... blacks use it so that must make it ok. Because if it is ok for one group of people, then it is ok for everyone. Not that I would use it. There are certain words that I personally find offensive. ****** is one of them, as is Nazi. The reason I find both offensive is that by using either, we disrespect those who suffered during those times.
comedy.

you cant discern the contextual difference between its use among black people and as a racial slur? you cant appreciate the historical significance of nazi independent from its misuses?

this makes you aloof, CG, not considerate.

Well now you are the speaker, for ALL HUMAN BEINGS.

yes one can find it offensive, but I'm not going to lose three days of sleep rehashing the same shit over and over.
ain't a damn thing can be done about it. It won't be the first time and it won't be the last. that is just HUMAN NATURE.

Yes I do speak for all HUMAN BEINGS. Real Humans find the word ****** to be offensive

There was a time when I would have agreed with you totally. Now I'm not so sure... blacks use it so that must make it ok. Because if it is ok for one group of people, then it is ok for everyone. Not that I would use it. There are certain words that I personally find offensive. ****** is one of them, as is Nazi. The reason I find both offensive is that by using either, we disrespect those who suffered during those times.

Its not always that easy. "If its ok for one group of people, then it is ok for everyone" is not true.

If two fat people laugh and call each other fat, it is not the same as if a skinny person calls them fat. Poor people can laugh with each other about how poor they are, but if a rich person laughs at someone because they are poor, it is hurtful

John Lewis is a great American who paid his dues. The disrespect from the Tea Baggers is abhorable

In 1964, Lewis coordinated SNCC's efforts for "Mississippi Freedom Summer," a campaign to register black voters across the South. The following year, Lewis led one of the most dramatic protests of the era. On March 7, 1965 -- a day that would become known as "Bloody Sunday" -- Lewis and fellow activist Hosea Williams led over 600 marchers across the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma, Alabama. At the end of the bridge, they were met by Alabama State Troopers, who ordered them to disperse. When the marchers stopped to pray, the police discharged tear gas and mounted troopers charged the demonstrators, beating them with night sticks. Lewis's skull was fractured, but he escaped across the bridge, to a church in Selma. Before he could be taken to the hospital, John Lewis appeared before the television cameras calling on President Johnson to intervene in Alabama.

Scenes of the violence, and of the injured John Lewis, were broadcast around the world, and outraged public opinion demanded that the President take action. Two days later, Dr. King led 1,000 members of the clergy on a second march from Selma to Montgomery, with the eyes of the world watching. A week and a day after Bloody Sunday, President Johnson appeared before a joint session of Congress to demand passage of the Voting Rights Act, empowering the federal government to enforce the voting rights of all Americans. The passage of the voting rights act finally brought the federal government into the struggle, squarely on the side of the disenfranchised voters of the South.

Rinat,

Are you saying the Negro is NOT sensitve...perhaps the Jew who is more sensitive....or perhaps Conservative infidels are the most?

Forum List

Back