Those Wacky Folks at PETA...

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has weighed in on Rep. Steve King (R) killing a raccoon that tried to crawl its way into his Iowa home — and not surprisingly, the animal welfare group isn’t too pleased.

PETA spokesman Jaime Zalac tells HOH that King should pick on someone his own size, “not a small animal seeking warmth in a blizzard.”

King tweeted on Feb. 9 that he killed the raccoon with a Desert Eagle pistol when he spotted it crawling into his house. In an interview last week, King told HOH that he felt he needed to kill the critter because he believed it was rabid and could potentially hurt his family.

And King insisted he appreciates wildlife, noting he often sees deer, rabbits, squirrels and other animals on his property.

IowaPolitics.com

A raccoon in my house would scare the bejesus outta me.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has weighed in on Rep. Steve King (R) killing a raccoon that tried to crawl its way into his Iowa home — and not surprisingly, the animal welfare group isn’t too pleased.

PETA spokesman Jaime Zalac tells HOH that King should pick on someone his own size, “not a small animal seeking warmth in a blizzard.”

King tweeted on Feb. 9 that he killed the raccoon with a Desert Eagle pistol when he spotted it crawling into his house. In an interview last week, King told HOH that he felt he needed to kill the critter because he believed it was rabid and could potentially hurt his family.

And King insisted he appreciates wildlife, noting he often sees deer, rabbits, squirrels and other animals on his property.

IowaPolitics.com

Who knows, the raccoon could have been fine, could have been rabid.

Ya, I wouldn't want one in my house but raccoons are funny. They are relatively fearless and extremely curious (especially where food is concerned). I was in "my office" a while back (Euphemism for my garage) having a cig and doing my crossword. I heard what I thought was my neighbors cat eating out of his bowl right next to my chair. Without looking I reached down to pet him and realized it wasn't cat fur. A young raccoon was sitting next to me eating the dry cat food and enjoying being petted. I chased him out but he would stop at the door, wait for me to sit down then come back in to eat. I finally put the food outside the door he finished eating and left.

Critters that are outside shouldn't be poisoned. I don't think they should be shot unless harming livestock or to be used as food.

Once they try to come into my home, dead.

You can't please PETA people, I have tried.

All they did was get nasty and insulting when I sent them a hat as a peace offering.

tailcap.jpg

IowaPolitics.com

He used a Desert Eagle to kill a raccoon??? :lol:

df35a9e438ec3108a9d3271cf29e0da2.jpg

IowaPolitics.com

PETA's objectives are so radical, I don't even like to admit that in the past few years they have brought an awarness to me of eating meat and pork and I only rarely do. If I am eating an egg, I simply can't image what it is, or I have to put it down..lol. Oh well, high cholesterol is not a good thing, either. I like to stay lean, so I eat the right foods to accomplish that goal.

Mermaid*

IowaPolitics.com

He used a Desert Eagle to kill a raccoon??? :lol:

df35a9e438ec3108a9d3271cf29e0da2.jpg
I have to wonder if a guy with a .50 cal handgun is compensating for something.

Forum List

Back