Those that support same sex Marriage.

Got a couple questions for ya.

Do you support Incestuous adult relationships and think they have the right to marry?

Do you support multiple partners and think they all have the right to get married?

1. only if such "incestuous" relationship does not have an unreasonable risk of genetic harm to offspring...

2. this is a tricky one in america, because unlike past cultures and modern islam, one can conceive that the woman would be allowed to have multiple partners, thus, we could have a scenario where one guy is married to 4 women, a la islam, and then those four women could be married to 4 men....

You're wrong, DD, that's all there is too it.

Any couple can refer to themselves as married. Even if they aren't.

You are hung up on a word. They are hung up on not receiving the same benefits that straight people receive.

Can the government or should the government declare you a llama if you want to be one or if you feel you are one?

Nope... same damn thing

When offered the same legal benefits without the word.. it is regularly rejected by 'gay marriage' supporters.. which shows it is about an agenda, not legal equality
Again...they have never been offered the same benefits that straight couples receive.

IMO, any two consenting adults should be able to enter a contract that benefits them in the same way as a traditional marriage benefits me.

The government shouldn't be involved in the sex lives of consenting adults.

You filthy libertarian :D

IMO, any two consenting adults should be able to enter a contract that benefits them in the same way as a traditional marriage benefits me.

:lol:

Too me, any true libertarian, conservative or liberal would think the same on this issue as I do.

I'm not sure I meet the parameters of the OP because I have a problem with the word marriage. But, I do believe that gay couples should have equal rights under the law that straight couples have.

Having said that, I rather agree with Ravi that consenting adults should be left alone to do what they want.

If adult incest becomes a problem because of genetic issues, then maybe we can look at it, but I have the feeling that it would not rise above nuisance levels.

Poly-relationships I think should be allowed. I have no problem formalizing them as "marriages" or whatever. What a boon for lawyers though!

:lol:

Too me, any true libertarian, conservative or liberal would think the same on this issue as I do.

And I do. It's always nice on the rare occasion that we agree on something.

I'm not real big on the being gay thing, but who am I to tell you that you can't marry someone?

If a religion wants to make their definition of marriage between gay couples, incestuous couples, or polygamous couples I have no problem with it.

Matter of fact, Rav, socially we probably agree a lot. Only differences would be you would probably advocate legislation in some areas where I'd rather it just be left out of the government's business entirely.

If a religion wants to make their definition of marriage between gay couples, incestuous couples, or polygamous couples I have no problem with it.

What's your position on it regarding the legal issue? Should gay couples be allowed to enter into the same kind of contract as straight couples? For instance, financial matters like joint filings and such?

What's your position on it regarding the legal issue? Should gay couples be allowed to enter into the same kind of contract as straight couples? For instance, financial matters like joint filings and such?

I don't think anyone should be barred from entering into any kind of contract that they see fit. So long as it doesn't harm anyone else, of course.

I don't think anyone should be barred from entering into any kind of contract that they see fit. So long as it doesn't harm anyone else, of course.

I figured. Just checking. I pretty much know where you stand on everything.

Pretty much the same as me. Live and let live, as long as no one else's rights are violated in the process.

Do you support Incestuous adult relationships and think they have the right to marry?

No

Do you support multiple partners and think they all have the right to get married?

I really don't care as long as they are consenting adults. If you are legally allowed to live with two women outside of marriage and have children with them, why can't you formalize your obligation to them? How does someone having two wives hurt me?

How does an incestuous relationship between two consenting adults effect you? And if you say defects on birth, then do you support a law to bar those with KNOWN genetic defects from having children?

I guess you are right Gunny....go ahead and marry your sister

Forum List

Back