Those Taxes that are not being taken now???

Smartt33

Apr 7, 2009
USA
I have been told that we are paying less taxes this year as a part of the Government's plan to give back to the citizens. I think it was called a "Stimulus rebate."

First, how does that tiny amount of money ( I am not sure my check reflects it) stimulate anyone to go out and buy anything? What a joke.

The main question I have is, When we file our tax reports in a few months, will we be paying that back? I mean, If I post my income, and I have not paid all of my taxes because of this "gift," will I be told to give it back? Will there be a special category for that rebate?

Have we been conned again?

I have been told that we are paying less taxes this year as a part of the Government's plan to give back to the citizens. I think it was called a "Stimulus rebate."

First, how does that tiny amount of money ( I am not sure my check reflects it) stimulate anyone to go out and buy anything? What a joke.

The main question I have is, When we file our tax reports in a few months, will we be paying that back? I mean, If I post my income, and I have not paid all of my taxes because of this "gift," will I be told to give it back? Will there be a special category for that rebate?

Have we been conned again?

Simple answer, yes, you will be paying back those "gifts" they handed out. Hell, you'll be paying for the one I got for being on Medicare. I won't be paying them back ... well, because I earn less than the taxable amount. So thanks to all you hard working people who earn more ... ;)

All that said, I said it was stupid before they handed out the first "gifts" ... and ... I was right.

Forum List

Back