Those on the Left -- I Dare You . . . .

How's about taking what he said in context ;)

What IS the context?

Why do we need a civilian national security force to secure our national security objectives?

What's opposition would this Civilian force face? Who are these people, SPECIFICALLY, that represent the need for Civilian National Security Force, that is as well funded as the US Military?

The Constitution represents the critical need for the 'militia'... but such is not funded, nor trained by the US Federal Government... such is the citizenry; armed and ready... and those who THAT MILITIA OPPOSE are the those who represent the enemy of the US... and the principles on which she rests.

Now you've implied that Hussein's call for such a FUNDED CIVILIAN SECURITY FORCE rests in reason... What reason IS THAT... identify the CONTEXT wherein this notion; that stands antithetical to the founding principles of the US and her Constitution... rests within sound reason.

Serious question...

Would it even matter to you if I did provide the context?

Well, I've heard the speech in it's entirety... and I've read the transcript... So I'm familiar with the rationalization advanced... now that you found that drivel compelling, tells me that the problem is one wherein you simply fail to recognize the immutable principles on which American liberties rests.

Now obviously from my perspective I do not see a context wherein a cult personality funds a civilian Army, trained to disperse and enforce Left-think propaganda, can serve American interests.

I SPECIFICALLY asked you to advance the context from your perspective... so we could compare and contrast our respective perspectives in open debate; 'will it matter?' is a conclusion that can't truly be known until you BRING IT!

So... please... Emma bring your perspective, wherein you justify a paid 'Civilian Security Force'... I want to hear what you feel justifies this sort of thing, in a nation where the US Constitution guarantees the freedom of political expression... the goal of which is nothing less than to popularize Left-think and organize the funded popularity of same against those who FREELY CONTEST IT.

What IS the context?

Why do we need a civilian national security force to secure our national security objectives?

What's opposition would this Civilian force face? Who are these people, SPECIFICALLY, that represent the need for Civilian National Security Force, that is as well funded as the US Military?

The Constitution represents the critical need for the 'militia'... but such is not funded, nor trained by the US Federal Government... such is the citizenry; armed and ready... and those who THAT MILITIA OPPOSE are the those who represent the enemy of the US... and the principles on which she rests.

Now you've implied that Hussein's call for such a FUNDED CIVILIAN SECURITY FORCE rests in reason... What reason IS THAT... identify the CONTEXT wherein this notion; that stands antithetical to the founding principles of the US and her Constitution... rests within sound reason.

Serious question...

Would it even matter to you if I did provide the context?

Well, I've heard the speech in it's entirety... and I've read the transcript... So I'm familiar with the rationalization advanced... now that you found that drivel compelling, tells me that the problem is one wherein you simply fail to recognize the immutable principles on which American liberties rests.

Now obviously from my perspective I do not see a context wherein a cult personality funds a civilian Army, trained to disperse and enforce Left-think propaganda, can serve American interests.

I SPECIFICALLY asked you to advance the context from your perspective... so we could compare and contrast our respective perspectives in open debate; 'will it matter?' is a conclusion that can't truly be known until you BRING IT!

So... please... Emma bring your perspective, wherein you justify a paid 'Civilian Security Force'... I want to hear what you feel justifies this sort of thing, in a nation where the US Constitution guarantees the freedom of political expression... the goal of which is nothing less than to popularize Left-think and organize the funded popularity of same against those who FREELY CONTEST IT.

What the hell are you babbling about? Seriously?

His speech was on a call to service. Volunteer and otherwise. He points out that during the prior administration(s), the military has nearly exclusively bore the burden of service to this country, and that our security and growth depends on far more than what the military provides for us.

Just as we must value and encourage military service across our society, we must honor and expand other opportunities to serve. Because the future of our nation depends on the soldier at Fort Carson, but it also depends on the teacher in East LA, the nurse in Appalachia, the after-school worker in New Orleans, the Peace Corps volunteer in Africa, and the Foreign Service officer in Indonesia. Americans have shown that they want to step up. But we're not keeping pace with the demand of those who want to serve, or leveraging that commitment to meet national challenges. FDR not only enlisted Americans to create employment, he targeted that service to build our infrastructure and conserve our environment. JFK not only called on a new generation, he made their service a bridge to the developing world, and a bright light of American values in the darkest days of the Cold War.

Today, AmeriCorps - our nation's network of local, state and national service programs - has 75,000 slots. I know firsthand the quality of these programs. My wife Michelle once left her job at a law firm to be the founding director of an AmeriCorps program in Chicago that trains young people for careers in public service. These programs invest Americans in their communities and their country. They tap America's greatest resource - our citizens.

As President, I will expand AmeriCorps to 250,000 slots, and make that increased service a vehicle to meet national goals like providing health care and education, saving our planet and restoring our standing in the world, so that citizens see their efforts connected to a common purpose. People of all ages, stations, and skills will be asked to serve. Because when it comes to the challenges we face, the American people are not the problem - they are the answer.

We'll send more college graduates to teach and mentor our young people. We'll call on Americans to join an Energy Corps to conduct renewable energy and environmental cleanup projects in their neighborhoods. We'll enlist veterans to help other vets find jobs and support, and to be there for our military families. And we'll also grow our Foreign Service, open consulates that have been shuttered, and double the size of the Peace Corps by 2011 to renew our diplomacy.

I've seen young people work, and volunteer, and turn out in record numbers. I've met members of our military - like the thousands of soldiers and airmen here in Colorado Springs - who signed up to serve in the wake of 9/11. I've met community workers who want to care for our kids; students who want to end the genocide in Darfur; businesses that want to expand opportunity; farmers who want to help free us from the tyranny of oil; seniors searching for ways to give back; and people of every age, race, and religion who want to come together to renew the American spirit.

Renewing that spirit starts with service. Make no mistake: our destiny as Americans is tied up with one another. If we are less respected in the world, then you will be less safe. If we keep paying dictators for foreign oil, gas prices are going to keep rising, and so are the oceans. If we can't give all of our kids a world-class education, then our economy is going to fall behind.

If you've listened to the entire speech and read the entire text and still think that he's looking to form some sort of armed civilian militia, then there's no point in even discussing it. It appears to be a difficult concept for many from the right to wrap their heads around, but homeland security can be enhanced by more than simply the business end of a rifle.

I'd just simply like to know what exactly it is, and what the responsibility of this force will be?
For some reason, unreasonable questions.
When he says "civilian security force", he's not speaking of a single entity. He's talking about increasing opportunities for citizens to serve in organizations like AmeriCorps, PeaceCorps, and others to provide services here and abroad.

------

As President, I will expand AmeriCorps to 250,000 slots, and make that increased service a vehicle to meet national goals like providing health care and education, saving our planet and restoring our standing in the world, so that citizens see their efforts connected to a common purpose.

We'll send more college graduates to teach and mentor our young people. We'll call on Americans to join an Energy Corps to conduct renewable energy and environmental cleanup projects in their neighborhoods. We'll enlist veterans to help other vets find jobs and support, and to be there for our military families. And we'll also grow our Foreign Service, open consulates that have been shuttered, and double the size of the Peace Corps by 2011 to renew our diplomacy.

We also need to invest in ideas that can help us meet our common challenges, because more often than not, the next great social innovation won't be generated by the government.

The non-profit sector employs 1 in 12 Americans and 115 nonprofits are launched every day. Yet while the federal government invests $7 billion in research and development for the private sector, there is no similar effort to support non-profit innovation. Meanwhile, there are ideas across America - in our inner cities and small towns; from college graduates, to seniors getting ready to retire - that could benefit millions of Americans if they're given the chance to grow.

As President, I will launch a new Social Investment Fund Network. It's time to get the grass roots, the foundations, the faith-based organizations, the private sector and the government at the table so that we can learn from our own success stories. We'll invest in ideas that work; leverage private sector dollars to encourage innovation; and expand successful programs to scale. Take a program like the Harlem Children's Zone, which helps thousands of kids in New York through after-school activities, mentoring, and family support. We need to make that model work in different cities across America. And just as we support small businesses, I'll start a new Social Entrepreneur Agency to make sure that small non-profits have strong support from Washington.

For our veterans, I was proud to be a strong and early supporter of Jim Webb's bipartisan GI Bill, so that today's vets have the same opportunity that my grandfather had under the GI Bill. To marshal their talents in building a new energy economy, I will launch an initiative to give our veterans the training they need to succeed in the Green Jobs of the future. It's time to end our energy dependence at home so our national security isn't held hostage to oil and gas from abroad.

And we will not leave out the nearly 2 million young Americans who are out of school and out of work. We'll enlist them in our Energy Corps, so that disadvantaged young people can find useful work, clean polluted areas, help weatherize homes, and gain skills in a growing industry. And we'll expand the YouthBuild Program, which puts young Americans to work building affordable housing in America's poorest communities, giving them valuable skills and a chance to complete a high school education. Because no one should be left out of the American story.

When he says "civilian security force", he's not speaking of a single entity. He's talking about increasing opportunities for citizens to serve in organizations like AmeriCorps, PeaceCorps, and others to provide services here and abroad.

Stop making sense Emma!

Damn you.

;D

So let me get this straight.....This is NOT a place to discuss Beck's claims it is a thread to convince others to go to your OTHER thread and watch 30 minutes of Beck to discuss his claims? How about if you just post the issues that Beck brought up and we will dicuss them.

So let me get this straight.....This is NOT a place to discuss Beck's claims it is a thread to convince others to go to your OTHER thread and watch 30 minutes of Beck to discuss his claims? How about if you just post the issues that Beck brought up and we will dicuss them.
She's been asked several times to do that, but she has yet to step up to the plate and do so.

Stop making sense Emma!

Damn you.

;D
She isn't making sense, she is doing what you all did before the coronation and are still doing projecting the best of yourselves onto him instead of listening to what he says.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cqN4NIEtOY]YouTube - Obama: We are 5 days from FUNDAMENTALly transforming America[/ame]

If you've listened to the entire speech and read the entire text and still think that he's looking to form some sort of armed civilian militia, then there's no point in even discussing it. It appears to be a difficult concept for many from the right to wrap their heads around, but homeland security can be enhanced by more than simply the business end of a rifle.
Yeah, you need a boot on the neck as well.
You only care if the Boot is stamped GOP.

My.

Someone has some violent tendencies.

Yes keep watching.
You still wont believe it.
If fact you'll agree with it and say it was called for, and a little bit late in coming.

She's been asked several times to do that, but she has yet to step up to the plate and do so.

I wonder WHY?

Case in point.

I wonder WHY?

Because even THEY don't know what the hell Beck is blathering about.

I'd just simply like to know what exactly it is, and what the responsibility of this force will be?

------

As President, I will expand AmeriCorps to 250,000 slots, and make that increased service a vehicle to meet national goals like providing health care and education, saving our planet and restoring our standing in the world, so that citizens see their efforts connected to a common purpose.

We also need to invest in ideas that can help us meet our common challenges, because more often than not, the next great social innovation won't be generated by the government.

The non-profit sector employs 1 in 12 Americans and 115 nonprofits are launched every day. Yet while the federal government invests $7 billion in research and development for the private sector, there is no similar effort to support non-profit innovation. Meanwhile, there are ideas across America - in our inner cities and small towns; from college graduates, to seniors getting ready to retire - that could benefit millions of Americans if they're given the chance to grow.

As President, I will launch a new Social Investment Fund Network. It's time to get the grass roots, the foundations, the faith-based organizations, the private sector and the government at the table so that we can learn from our own success stories. We'll invest in ideas that work; leverage private sector dollars to encourage innovation; and expand successful programs to scale. Take a program like the Harlem Children's Zone, which helps thousands of kids in New York through after-school activities, mentoring, and family support. We need to make that model work in different cities across America. And just as we support small businesses, I'll start a new Social Entrepreneur Agency to make sure that small non-profits have strong support from Washington.

For our veterans, I was proud to be a strong and early supporter of Jim Webb's bipartisan GI Bill, so that today's vets have the same opportunity that my grandfather had under the GI Bill. To marshal their talents in building a new energy economy, I will launch an initiative to give our veterans the training they need to succeed in the Green Jobs of the future. It's time to end our energy dependence at home so our national security isn't held hostage to oil and gas from abroad.

And we will not leave out the nearly 2 million young Americans who are out of school and out of work. We'll enlist them in our Energy Corps, so that disadvantaged young people can find useful work, clean polluted areas, help weatherize homes, and gain skills in a growing industry. And we'll expand the YouthBuild Program, which puts young Americans to work building affordable housing in America's poorest communities, giving them valuable skills and a chance to complete a high school education. Because no one should be left out of the American story.

So I'm clear on what you are saying:
When Obama is talking about a "Civilian National Security Force", he is talking about, and it's the same thing as, the "National Service Bill" that they passed in March?

When Obama is talking about a "Civilian National Security Force", he is talking about, and it's the same thing as, the "National Service Bill" that they passed in March?
The one where to be considered a citizen you have to fulfilled your time you are obliged to volunteer?

------

Yes, that is one of the things he proposed.

Obama signs national service bill - White House- msnbc.com

The legislation provides for gradually increasing the size of the Clinton-era AmeriCorps to 250,000 enrollees from its current 75,000. It outlines five broad categories where people can direct their service: helping the poor, improving education, encouraging energy efficiency, strengthening access to health care and assisting veterans.

AmeriCorps offers a range of volunteer opportunities including housing construction, youth outreach, disaster response and caring for the elderly. Most receive an annual stipend of slightly less than $12,000 for working 10 months to a year.

AmeriCorps has seen a recent surge in applications, according to the Corporation for National and Community Service, which oversees the program.

In March, the organization received 17,038 online AmeriCorps applications, nearly double those received in the previous month and nearly triple the 6,770 received last March.

The one where to be considered a citizen you have to fulfilled your time you are obliged to volunteer?
OK. Here's your chance Internet Warrior.

Back that up.

Forum List

Back