Those of you with teenagers ~

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
What do you like best about this age?

What phase are you ready to be over for them?

there is a huge mental growth spurt going on. They are figuring out so much for themselves

I was seriously bummed by the sudden physical changes last year. The mental changes are kind of exciting.

That said, I feel so much older now.

I like that its easier to do any activity with them....however

I like that I can count the months in double digits before they can join the Marines.

My daughter will be 21 next month. Thankfully there were moments I enjoyed, but I wouldn't choose to redo those drama filled years again. It's so nice to meet up now for shopping or lunch and enjoy each others company. My mom told me to hang in there and we'd eventually be friends. Now my son is almost 12 and so I have those years still to go through with him, but he is so much more easy going than his sister. I don't expect nearly as many issues, or at least not the same sort. Which is good, because I'm still not ready for gray hair.:lol:

My daughters as teenagers filled our lives with drama, angst, drama, late nights, drama, sitting up watching TV until the headlights flickered in the driveway, drama, going off to college, quiet and decreasing drama, and then, all of a sudden, they were the most wonderful, interesting, charming young women of kindnesses and thoughtful deeds that came out of nowhere. Their mother has been gone for some years now, and I am so glad they knew her as women.

my son is 27....yall can do this....he was the car that caused the 5 car pile up....i was in the high school and middle school way more than needed....he called at 1 am...lost...curfew was midnight....got home at 3 am...ran out of gas one time lost...that didnt go well..he was late for work....broken windows....too many too count....when he was grounded he would hit rocks with a metal bat....lets see one summer...he had no tv...no video game...no phone and no bedroom door....it was war....dont engage in long drawn out battles..they just wear you both out...and when they tell you they hate you...dont flinch....i know its like a pick ax to the heart...but dont flinch....i told mine....you can hate me...i am not your friend....i will be here tomorrow and i will continue this fight....he went to bed pissed...i told da man if i died in my sleep to tell my son...i knew he didnt hate me...but not to tell him for 3 days

teenagers are just a lot harder to love

....lets see one summer...he had no tv...no video game...no phone and no bedroom door....it was war....dont engage in long drawn out battles..they just wear you both out...

Been there, done it.....including the door, the bed, everything in his freaking room

Excellent advice.

o that is the summer i wonder what the hell i was thinking...he sat on his bed and stared at the wall....literally.....it was just too much over what ...i dont remember...but it was a battle neither of us won...we just were like ducks pecking each other to death lol

o that is the summer i wonder what the hell i was thinking...he sat on his bed and stared at the wall....literally.....it was just too much over what ...i dont remember...but it was a battle neither of us won...we just were like ducks pecking each other to death lol

I've heard of Cock-fights....

Do you see a lota ducks fights?

Anyway, I remember it well....Summer of '08....little bastard is lucky to have survived...I actually considered dropping him off in a Hospital in Nebraska because they'd just passed a law allowing parents to drop their unwanted kids off, but the legislature forgot to include a maximum age.

o those memories fade....that is a new memory for you...they replace them with greater horrors...i assure you...o hell i use to just kick mine out of the car....let him walk....that would piss da man off...majorily...
i would call da man and tell him he needed to go pick up his son...and give him the last known location...

my son has turned out to be a strong compassionate man...

so keep up the good fight

I am waiting for the freedom I will get back when my son is a teenager.. I am not looking forward to the first time he tells me he hates me. lol

a 26 and 23 yr old boy and girl...you think while they are teens , just let me get them to 18, not on the pole, not pregnant, in jail or on drugs....like some finish line were you sit back and say, man thank god thats over.....nope sorry, twist of fate says a different brand of issues just take over...its all good now though.

whats scary is when your son finally tells you how he really burnt the hole in the pool deck while you were away in Hawaii, or how your daughter says yea, I had sex before 18 and well......then your mind starts turning on all the gnarly shit you did in your teens and you just thank god, again.... moral of the story you don't know the half of what they did or done....and thank god for that too.

Last edited:
a 26 and 23 yr old boy and girl...you think while they are teens , just let me get them to 18, not on the pole, not pregnant, in jail or on drugs....like some finish line were you sit back and say, man thank god thats over.....nope sorry, twist of fate says a different brand of issues just take over...its all good now though.

Well, to a certain extent I agree, however, it is a damn relief to know that after they're 18, you don't have to show up to their trial.

Forum List

Back