Those evil Buddhist insult the profit

CaféAuLait;6082999 said:
It would seem to me in this case that the picture on Facebook is just the "final straw," so to speak. From the story:

So it appears that the tension was already there between Muslims and Buddhists, and that this Facebook photo was simply the spark that set it off.

Please try to note that I'm not making apologies for the violence and destruction of property that occurred here. It should go without saying, but some on this board are unable or unwilling to grasp this.

Unwilling to accept that there are problems in another country alltogether and somehow such should be used as something I should 'grasp' because one religion is at odds with another? If you read why you will find out that a allegedly Muslim raped and murdered a Buddist girl and that is what set off the tensions in Myanmar. Then Buddist supposedly retalilated since the girl was raped and murdered. Since then there have been retaliation murders between both parties and adding to the mess, people are releasing and disseminating FAKE photos of Muslims being 'murdered by the thousands".

Scroll ( some of the photos have been removed because they are inciting more violence)

Social media is lying to you about Burma’s Muslim ‘cleansing’ – The Express Tribune Blog

So... like I said...

Rewind/rewrite:

So it appears that the tension was already there between Muslims and Buddhists, and that this child’s rape and murder [Facebook Picture] was simply the spark that set off the Buddhist’s murdering Muslims.

Please try to note that I'm not making apologies for the violence and destruction of property that occurred here. It should go without saying, but some on this board are unable or unwilling to grasp this.

The above is an excuse, plain and simple and it's BS to excuse such based on a photograph.

CaféAuLait;6083451 said:
CaféAuLait;6082999 said:
Unwilling to accept that there are problems in another country alltogether and somehow such should be used as something I should 'grasp' because one religion is at odds with another? If you read why you will find out that a allegedly Muslim raped and murdered a Buddist girl and that is what set off the tensions in Myanmar. Then Buddist supposedly retalilated since the girl was raped and murdered. Since then there have been retaliation murders between both parties and adding to the mess, people are releasing and disseminating FAKE photos of Muslims being 'murdered by the thousands".

Scroll ( some of the photos have been removed because they are inciting more violence)

Social media is lying to you about Burma’s Muslim ‘cleansing’ – The Express Tribune Blog

So... like I said...

Rewind/rewrite:

So it appears that the tension was already there between Muslims and Buddhists, and that this child’s rape and murder [Facebook Picture] was simply the spark that set off the Buddhist’s murdering Muslims.

The above is an excuse, plain and simple and it's BS to excuse such based on a photograph.

I think you're misunderstanding what I said in my original post. I was making the point that it wasn't necessarily based on the Facebook picture.

CaféAuLait;6083451 said:
So... like I said...

Rewind/rewrite:

I think you're misunderstanding what I said in my original post. I was making the point that it wasn't necessarily based on the Facebook picture.

I may have misunderstood you, however this religion has a history of blowing up over images or books, it does not seem to far from the truth though, does it?

See:

Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons
The Message
Metropolitan Museum of Art
Satinic Verses
Sooreh Hera
American Youtube Video
South Park depiction of Muhammad
Lars Vilks Muhammad controversy

Just off the top of my head...

CaféAuLait;6084000 said:
CaféAuLait;6083451 said:
Rewind/rewrite:

I may have misunderstood you, however this religion has a history of blowing up over images or books, it does not seem to far from the truth though, does it?

See:

The Message
Satinic Verses
Sooreh Hera
American Youtube Video

Yes, some members of this religion get offended when people mock and insult their religion, and then go and destroy things. However, it's not in a vacuum. It wasn't the YouTube video alone that set these people off, but resentment towards U.S. foreign policy as well. Just as it's not this Facebook picture alone, but the tension that has been building in the region between Buddhists and Muslims.

It would seem to me in this case that the picture on Facebook is just the "final straw," so to speak. From the story:

Muslims in Bangladesh and beyond have also been outraged by violence over the border in Myanmar where members of the majority Buddhist community clashed with minority Muslims this year.

So it appears that the tension was already there between Muslims and Buddhists, and that this Facebook photo was simply the spark that set it off.

You know If it was any other group,I'd tend to agree but those fun loving Muslims seem to get along with who besides other Muslims?

CaféAuLait;6084000 said:

See:

The Message
Satinic Verses
Sooreh Hera
American Youtube Video

Yes, some members of this religion get offended when people mock and insult their religion, and then go and destroy things. However, it's not in a vacuum. It wasn't the YouTube video alone that set these people off, but resentment towards U.S. foreign policy as well. Just as it's not this Facebook picture alone, but the tension that has been building in the region between Buddhists and Muslims.

It seems to me you wish to explain away each outburst. Nothing, I mean nothing should set anyone off like this. To murder or call for the murder of people over a depiction is awful.

Can you explain away the Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons and murders and protests which lead to more deaths? The price on the head of Salman Rushdie and those protests which lead to death, Lars Vilks?

It should be condemned outright, instead of protestors egged on by Fatwa's and calls for murderous revenge.

And the muslims show them how wrong they are by torching their temples and burning the houses of some Buddhists Sarcasm off

Muslim protesters torch Buddhist temples, homes in Bangladesh - Yahoo! News

Way to go Obama administration for encouraging this around the world.

I did a google image search for violent Buddhists and was appalled by what I found. Just look at these guys:

bagan-monks-c-awfulsara-565.jpg

Make no mistake, these guys would kill you and everyone you care about!!!

Muslims in Bangladesh and beyond have also been outraged by violence over the border in Myanmar where members of the majority Buddhist community clashed with minority Muslims this year.

You know If it was any other group,I'd tend to agree but those fun loving Muslims seem to get along with who besides other Muslims?

That's the problem. Lumping people into groups, rather than looking at them as individuals.

CaféAuLait;6084174 said:
CaféAuLait;6084000 said:

See:

The Message
Satinic Verses
Sooreh Hera
American Youtube Video

It seems to me you wish to explain away each outburst. Nothing, I mean nothing should set anyone off like this. To murder or call for the murder of people over a depiction is awful.

Can you explain away the Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons and murders and protests which lead to more deaths? The price on the head of Salman Rushdie and those protests which lead to death, Lars Vilks?

It should be condemned outright, instead of protestors egged on by Fatwa's and calls for murderous revenge.

Can you explain why you're unable to have an intelligent discussion on this subject without trying to ascribe sinister motives to those with whom you're attempting to have said discussion?

CaféAuLait;6084174 said:

Can you explain why you're unable to have an intelligent discussion on this subject without trying to ascribe sinister motives to those with whom you're attempting to have said discussion?

I never tried to insult you, I simply asked you questions and you come back with my "not being able to have an intelligent conversation".

TWICE now you have tried to say that there was something else, a match to light the fire, or a tipping point which set off Muslims to commit murder.

THEY made a decision to commit murder over a cartoon, movie, book, or what have you. I would like to know why it seems as if you can't see that there does not need to be a 'tipping point' or 'straw', US involvement, or whatever, this is not an uncommon occurance.

CaféAuLait;6084443 said:
CaféAuLait;6084174 said:

I never tried to insult you, I simply asked you questions and you come back with my "not being able to have an intelligent conversation".

TWICE now you have tried to say that there was something else, a match to light the fire, or a tipping point which set off Muslims to commit murder.

THEY made a decision to commit murder over a cartoon, movie, book, or what have you. I would like to know why it seems as if you can't see that there does not need to be a 'tipping point' or 'straw', US involvement, or whatever, this is not an uncommon occurance.

No, you claimed that I was attempting to "explain away" or make apologies for the violence that was committed. I'm not, and I made that clear in my very first post. So your questions, such as they are, do not apply. They don't warrant answering because their foundation is baseless.

You don’t have to answer anything. Again I was not trying to insult you at all. I think that many times on message boards things come off flat and not how we might sound in real life discussing these topics.

To make a compassion on what I was trying to relay, it would be like my saying that “Christians” who murder abortion doctors have outside influences or internal suffering or other conflict which influence their decision to kill. And after saying such if I said “no one on the board would be able to “grasp such” as you said in the first instance, I don’t think it would go over too well, it would seem as if I were defending the murderer by saying such IMO. If I were to blame the murder of an abortion doctor on the photograph of yet another dead aborted baby which would be “the spark to the fire” or the ‘straw that broke the camel’s back” it would sound like an excuse. My saying they were anything but WRONG, I would be wrong. Just like you said, “there was no vacuum” for Muslims in the second case, you cited “resentment of US policy” along with a video on YouTube. My point was, there are many cases where there are no outside influences or other conflict just Fatwa’s issued, protests and murders.

"Muslims took to the streets in the area late on Saturday to protest against what they said was a photograph posted on Facebook that insulted Islam.

The protesters said the picture had been posted by a Buddhist and they marched to Buddhist villages and set fire to temples and houses."

That's taking online trolling to the extreme , those crazy happy go lucky peace loving Muslims.

the problem here is reacting in the spirit of "retributive justice" or antichrist
instead of acting in the spirit of "restorative justice" or Christ Jesus which transforms
people, overcomes evil, and heals relationships to make "all things new."

Muslims are called to follow the Bible Scriptures (the Jewish Torah, the Christian Scriptures and the Muslim Quran, as all sent by God)

The Bible Scriptures clearly instruct believers to redress grievances with "restorative justice" James 5:16, Matthew 18:15-20 etc. Peaceful coexistence and religious tolerance is also enforced by Islamic teachings by Mohammad and the Quran Sura 109 and Mohammad's instructions that "there is no compulsion in religion"

Muslims and Christians will be more successful in enforcing these principles by STANDING TOGETHER as neighbors in Christ, as both are called to follow in the Bible.

By addressing the wrongdoers and trespasses using Matthew 18:15-20 the authority of Christ or law by conscience can bring proper rebuke and correction.

CaféAuLait;6084526 said:
You don’t have to answer anything. Again I was not trying to insult you at all. I think that many times on message boards things come off flat and not how we might sound in real life discussing these topics.

To make a compassion on what I was trying to relay, it would be like my saying that “Christians” who murder abortion doctors have outside influences or internal suffering or other conflict which influence their decision to kill. And after saying such if I said “no one on the board would be able to “grasp such” as you said in the first instance, I don’t think it would go over too well, it would seem as if I were defending the murderer by saying such IMO. If I were to blame the murder of an abortion doctor on the photograph of yet another dead aborted baby which would be “the spark to the fire” or the ‘straw that broke the camel’s back” it would sound like an excuse. My saying they were anything but WRONG, I would be wrong. Just like you said, “there was no vacuum” for Muslims in the second case, you cited “resentment of US policy” along with a video on YouTube. My point was, there are many cases where there are no outside influences or other conflict just Fatwa’s issued, protests and murders.

Dear CAL: I believe the common factor in ALL cases, whether religious or politically motivated, is Unforgiven issues from the past, triggered and projected onto other people and situations in the future. You can pick apart which factor contributed here and there; but the bottom line is: the MORE a person is able to FORGIVE issues, people or groups from the past, there is less and less risk of reacting with negative emotions, words or actions when that person confronts any similar trigger that REMINDS that person of the past.

If people walk around, with a built in mentality to be fearful or negatively biased against any[fill in the blank] group (it can be whites or upper class capitalists, it can be blacks or criminals or poor immigrants, it can be liberals or conservatives, religious or anti-religious, etc); then anyone or anything that person thinks "REPRESENTS" the thing they oppose, hate or fear is going to trigger negative reactions in the mind, words or actions.

If you get rid of the root issue by conflict resolution, healing of past memories and injustice, through forgiveness and correction, and restitution where needed, so the problem is SOLVED instead of carrying around resentment and blame projected outward, then this solves ALL levels of negative reaction that otherwise leads to abuse, crime and violence.

There are still better or worse ways of expressing that anger or hostility.
Even if people cannot fully heal, they can express it using words instead of physical abuse.
But by resolving the root cause, you can get rid of most of the risk of causing physical harm.

If you stick to the common factor, of addressing unforgiveness, that covers ALL cases.

Forum List

Back