Those darn racist Republicans

Michael S. Steele - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It seems hes into maufacturing race incidents.

[edit] Oreo cookie incident
After a September 26, 2002 gubernatorial debate, which had occurred without reported incident, Paul Schurick, Ehrlich's communications manager, claimed that the Townsend campaign handed out Oreo cookies to the audience.[7] Five days after the debate, Steele said that one or more Oreo cookies had rolled to his feet during the debate suggesting a racist statement against him, that of being black on the outside and white on the inside like an Oreo. "Maybe it was just someone having their snack, but it was there," Steele said. "If it happened, shame on them if they are that immature and that threatened by me." At the time of the debate, Schurick had not mentioned any such incident, but in November 2005 he claimed "It was raining Oreos... They were thick in the air like locusts. I was there. It was very real. It wasn't subtle."[8] In a November 2005 Hannity and Colmes appearance, Steele agreed with Hannity that cookies were thrown at him.[9] Neil Duke of the Baltimore NAACP, who moderated the debate, praised the "passionate audience" and noted their "derisive behavior"[7] but did not see such behavior. "Were there some goofballs sitting in [the] right-hand corner section tossing cookies amongst themselves and acting like sophomores, as the legend has it?" Duke said. "I have no reason to doubt those sources; I just didn't see it."[8][10][11] The operations manager of the building where the debate was held, interviewed three years after the event by The Baltimore Sun, disputed Steele's claim and said "I was in on the cleanup, and we found no cookies or anything else abnormal. There were no Oreo cookies thrown."[8] Some eyewitnesses including AP reporter Tom Stuckey who was at the event have said cookies were handed out.[12] Other eyewitnesses could not corroborate Steele and Schurick's claim.[13][14]

At Steele Rally, All Is Not Quite What It Appears - washingtonpost.com

It appears hes not real into honesty

At Steele Rally, All Is Not Quite What It Appears

By Matthew Mosk and John Wagner
Sunday, September 24, 2006; Page C04

U.S. Senate candidate Michael S. Steele got an endorsement last week from a guy named Mfume . It came at a rally of Democrats for Steele in Baltimore, where Steele supporters waved signs and grabbed bumper stickers that said "Steele Democrat."

No Democrats who are elected officials in Maryland showed up, and afterward they said the entire event was meant to confuse voters.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Now the leader of the R party (its very top man) is a guy who hasnt done much politically , has a truth problem, is far more liberal than most Rs I see on here, Is bright and is black.

This is very good for the country.

Kids will look at the two men at the very top of their partys and see men of color who are also very bright.

Even the Republican party is begining to face Americas more liberal future.

Last edited:
Excellent! :clap2:

Whew! I was worried the GOP might actually appoint someone capable, forward thinking, and dynamic.

I think a failed senate candidate and a current Fox News punidt is the perfect choice for the GOP.

I guess the GOP didn't learn their lesson from the Palin fiasco! Women and blacks aren't stupid enough to fall for a lame gimmick. Carry on GOP!

That's what I was wondering. If the GOP wants to succeed, wouldn't they pick someone who has at least been somewhat successful? This guy has a failed senate run on his record, not exactly the best way to represent your party.
yeah, he failed in his senate run, yet he ran a successful Lt Gov race
in a state where Republicans seldom win

Like I said, the guy has never won any statewide or national election, standing on his own merit, in a democratic election.

Steele was selected by Ehrlichman to be his running mate at the bottom of the ticket - the lt. governor. People vote for the top of the ticket, not the bottom of the ticket. Ehrlichman and his lt. governor got booted after one term.

The only time Steele put his name out there, to stand alone against an opponent in a statewide race, he got blown out.

So the guy has never won anything, standing on his own merit, in a statewide democratic election.

But, I guess he made a great Fox News pundit! Sean Klannity seemed to love the guy!

I think its overall a great selection for the GOP. I really didn't want to see them select someone with a demonstrated track record of capability or someone with an original, viable, and dynamic vision for changing the downward trajectory of the GOP.

Plus he is way more liberal than the majority of these people who call themselves the base of the R party.

So RGS, you think they picked this guy just because he is black?

Interesting.

Considering the context in which this candidate is elected I find that it looks somewhat suspicious: At a time when the republicans got their asses kicked by the first afro-american official democratic presidential candidate.

It is like the same thing as choosing palin to take women voters that voted for Hillary, basically you choose a woman to replace another woman so you can get women voters. Which is just as sexist as picking a male candidate for his gender or not picking a female candidate because of her gender.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL2b7opa6cc]YouTube - Sarah Palin's pitch to Hillary voters[/ame]

Would this candidate also have been chosen if there wasn't a black president that the GOP had to oppose? And if so isn't picking a black candidate because of his skin-color advantage in this case just as racist as not picking someone for the disadvantage of being black?

so whats so fucking great about Howard Dean?.....he was in the drivers seat for the presidential election at one time and he ended up in the fucking trunk....now he is running the Dems party.....he is also one of the reasons i left the Dems to become a non-partier.....

I don't think the Republican party is racist.

I do think more Republicans today are racist, though.

So what?

They'll get over it or they'll die and the millions and million of children of formerly illegal aliens will take over their party.

Things will change that is a truism which is constant.

:clap2::lol:

I don't think most of them are conciously racist either. I just think that most of the GOP base is more comfortable with "their own kind". Although "Barack the Magic Negro" songs and "Obama Waffles" betrays a certain racial insensitivity in the GOP base.

Hell, there's a lot of democrats who are biasd and prejudiced too. I can't see very many black candidates doing well among blue collar democrats who work the pennsylvania coal fields.

But the numbers don't lie. The GOP doesn't have a single member of congress, or in state-wide elected office who is african-american. That says a lot about the grass roots GOP base, and how they vote.

well Al Sharpton said that the Democrats take the blacks for granted,that they stand up with us with their arms around our shoulders and say they are with us on this and that,BUT yet wont invite any of us over for dinner.....that is kinda what Phil Ochs,a protest singer back in 67 said about the "Liberals" back then.....they will stand with you during all the civil rights marches,but PLEASE just dont move into my neighboorhood......

So what?

They'll get over it or they'll die and the millions and million of children of formerly illegal aliens will take over their party.

yea and then they will become even more liberal then the dems of today,which will make the dems the new conservatives......ironic aint it.....

so whats so fucking great about Howard Dean?.....he was in the drivers seat for the presidential election at one time and he ended up in the fucking trunk....now he is running the Dems party....

Democrats won 60 House seats, 14 senate seats, the majority of state governorships, and a landslide presidential election while Dean was chairman of the party. That's your definition of failure?

Dean seved as governor of a state for 13 years, was a leading presidential contender, and transformed the use of the internet and campaining which has become a model for every savvy national politician.

Steele's accomplishements in comparison? :lol::lol:

he is also one of the reasons i left the Dems to become a non-partier.....

Sounds like a made up story. "Leaving the Democratic party" because Howard Dean was elected chairman doesn't sound credible. I think you had other reasons to hate democrats and vote for Bush twice.

And what had Obama done before being PRESIDENT? Put staples in telelphone poles and vote present? OH I forgot. He blocked the born alive bill and babies suffocated because of it.

Nice try. That talking point is no longer operative. Obama, on his own merit, won a state senate seat, a US senat seat, a Democratic national nomination, and the US presidency, in fully democratic proccesses. He's proved his credibility and capability at this point.

Steele is a fox news pundit, who failed miserably in one senate campaign. The GOP elite power heirarchy selected him as a gimmick, IMO. Personally, I'm glad they weren't concerned about finding somebody demonstrably capable and with a sustained vision for changing the party's downward spiral.

I fully realize that the GOP elite leaders are capable of selecting and appointing women and people of color to political appointment positions, to make the public face of their party seem a little less than pure 100% ivory white, and a little less overwhelmingly christian male. Those are appointments, not grass roots democratic decisions.

The GOP base, left to their own devices, for all intents and purposes never elect people of color to statewide or national office. So, this "appointment" says nothing about the GOP's base openess to diversity or tolerance.

Best wishes to Michael Steele though. I'm totally cool with this.

and what did he do when once he won those seats? besides vote present and block the born-alive bill?

So what?

:clap2::lol:

I don't think most of them are conciously racist either. I just think that most of the GOP base is more comfortable with "their own kind". Although "Barack the Magic Negro" songs and "Obama Waffles" betrays a certain racial insensitivity in the GOP base.

Hell, there's a lot of democrats who are biasd and prejudiced too. I can't see very many black candidates doing well among blue collar democrats who work the pennsylvania coal fields.

But the numbers don't lie. The GOP doesn't have a single member of congress, or in state-wide elected office who is african-american. That says a lot about the grass roots GOP base, and how they vote.

and Obama won how much of the african american vote in the dem primaries? close to 90 percent. so which voters are racist?

Forum List

Back