Thomas Sowell is done.....writes farewell article!!

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
My farewell column

This guy.......a national treasure if there ever was one!!

But for Thomas Sowell, I might well be writing k00k threads with the nutters on the left. At 20 in my junior year on college, I couldn't get enough of Plato, Hobbers, More, Marx, Russeau, Engels et. al.........I was a full fledged radical about to see how much the rest of the world knew..........

And then I read a book called "Pink and Brown People" and other works he had done. You suddenly realize that all the brilliant philosophers never spent a single second applying an economic model to their shit.......the duh factor hit me between the eyes and by my senior year, I was schooling the utopian professors in class. Just like now on this board being one of the supremely hated........so did my professors!! Fucking knotheads.

For anybody still trying to figure out for themselves what ideology they should embrace, go out and buy "Vision of the Annointed" by Mr Sowell. Assuming you don't have k00k tendencies, by the end of the book you realize how laughable liberal/progressive public policy is and why the saying that is becoming social dogma in America is true: "Liberalism is where the incompetent and incapable intersect.". Sowell backs up all of his assertions with statistics to make the jaw drop and they are irrefutable.

This guy will most definitely be missed!!!

My farewell column

This guy.......a national treasure if there ever was one!!

But for Thomas Sowell, I might well be writing k00k threads with the nutters on the left. At 20 in my junior year on college, I couldn't get enough of Plato, Hobbers, More, Marx, Russeau, Engels et. al.........I was a full fledged radical about to see how much the rest of the world knew..........

And then I read a book called "Pink and Brown People" and other works he had done. You suddenly realize that all the brilliant philosophers never spent a single second applying an economic model to their shit.......the duh factor hit me between the eyes and by my senior year, I was schooling the utopian professors in class. Just like now on this board being one of the supremely hated........so did my professors!! Fucking knotheads.

For anybody still trying to figure out for themselves what ideology they should embrace, go out and buy "Vision of the Annointed" by Mr Sowell. Assuming you don't have k00k tendencies, by the end of the book you realize how laughable liberal/progressive public policy is and why the saying that is becoming social dogma in America is true: "Liberalism is where the incompetent and incapable intersect.". Sowell backs up all of his assertions with statistics to make the jaw drop and they are irrefutable.

This guy will most definitely be missed!!!
Thank you, skook. I have long been a fan of Sowell and appreciate this opportunity you have given me to read his farewell. And I can relate to much of his memories, except the Harlem part. Yet it seems ironic that I now have a granddaughter that lives in the new Harlem as well as another living in the far reaches of Brooklyn.

Another irony is that we both agree on Sowell's assessment of our present national status. However, we will probably never agree on the causes for a decline in many facets of our country, or even if some of it actually IS a decline. sigh

Now that Obama is leaving office, Conservatives have no use for Thomas Sowell

Who wants to hear what a black professor has to say if it doesn't involve trashing Obama?

Who wants to hear what a black professor has to say if it doesn't involve trashing Obama?

lol.....forget Obama.........he cleaned the cocks of the lefties for decades. Frankly, made them look stoopid going waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back to the mid-70's. There are a few vids of debates he had with some lefty guys. Holy fucking shit...........:ack-1::ack-1:.........half of the audience had to leave the room carrying signs that read, 'IM WITH STOOPID!".

Sowell made famous the quote, "You can defeat any liberal argument simply by asking the questions, 'As compared to what?' "....AND...."At what cost?".

done

Last edited:

Always so telling that a lib sees nothing but skin color.

Then why are conservatives abandoning Sowell?

They used him as "Black guy saying bad things about Obama"

Now that Obama is leaving....what use is Sowell?

The guy is 86 years old and retiring.

No conservatives are abandoning him. The OP was sorry to see him go. I have a good buddy who has been a big fan for decades, long before we ever heard of Obama.

Your obsession with race is making you ugly right now.

The guy is 86 years old and retiring.

No conservatives are abandoning him. The OP was sorry to see him go. I have a good buddy who has been a big fan for decades, long before we ever heard of Obama.

Your obsession with race is making you ugly right now.

Yep....the guy who comes out every holiday time with the SANTA IS BLACK thread!!:coffee:

the bumpy was very giving this holiday season...........:deal:

"Stopping illegal immigration would mean that wages would have to rise to a level where Americans would want the jobs currently taken by illegal aliens. Thomas Sowell"
Read more at: Thomas Sowell Quotes

Race my ass.

Try reading the link, dipshit. Or have someone read it to you.

^ Racism on full display. Vile, just vile.

Seems curious that Sowell "retires" just as Obama leaves office. Looks like Republicans no longer need him

Seems curious that Sowell "retires" just as Obama leaves office. Looks like Republicans no longer need him

He's 86 looking at a brand new big long chapter in history starting.

Makes complete sense to NOT start it, if he has been thinking about stopping.

YOU are the one that looks at this and sees race.

I didn't know Sowell was black for years, while my buddy was quoting him.

Academians don't retire, they become fellows and "work" until they die

Sowell was used by the Republican Party as "Look we have a black person who hates Obama". Look what it did for Ben Carson

Sowell was used by the Republican Party as "Look we have a black person who hates Obama". Look what it did for Ben Carson

Your blind faith that Sowell was not a respected intellectual on the Right is based on nothing but your personal bias against people that disagree with you.

Your mind is closed.

Racist

Forum List

Back