Thomas Frank: “We are such losers” (We being liberals)

I read the article, I do not agree with all points but I do agree with this kind of introspection and self-examination. No conservative has ever written a similar article without being crucified because conservatives are perfect.

I read the article, I do not agree with all points but I do agree with this kind of introspection and self-examination. No conservative has ever written a similar article without being crucified because conservatives are perfect.

Dude, you have no clue what is being written about in conservative circles.

What I found odd was the conceit of the liberal viewpoint. What, exactly, is a post-ideological Democrat?

Also, casting Obama in 2008 as a centrist, hyper-intelligent, politician has to be a sign of serious delusion. I can't really speak to why Obama was giving so many liberals orgasms during his speeches but there's no way that he came across as intelligent or centrist, so if that's what liberals were reacting to, I don't know that there is any hope for them to fix themselves.

I can't really speak to why Obama was giving so many liberals orgasms during his speeches but there's no way that he came across as intelligent or centrist, so if that's what liberals were reacting to, I don't know that there is any hope for them to fix themselves.
I can tell you why liberals were having orgasms, it's because hussein osama is (part) black. Yes, it's as simple as that.

Dude, you have no clue what is being written about in conservative circles.
What? Do they keep the honest, self critical articles top-secret? Most of them I have read concludes that any electoral failure was because candidate X was not conservative enough or much too willing to work with democrats to win. You guys always double down on the rhetoric after a loss. There is never even the thought that people might see republicans as angry, scapegoating assholes.

So he is saying Obama was not liberal enough! Maybe he's right? :dunno:
He is right, Obama ran on a populist platform that slowly evolved into a neocon lite agenda that had liberals defending things we would have never supported from GWB. I'm done with it. It appears that no one can be president without being a secretive puppet of the 1%. Rather have a government that openly hates my ideology than one that uses it as a sham to get my vote and then ignores it.

I can't really speak to why Obama was giving so many liberals orgasms during his speeches but there's no way that he came across as intelligent or centrist, so if that's what liberals were reacting to, I don't know that there is any hope for them to fix themselves.
I can tell you why liberals were having orgasms, it's because hussein osama is (part) black. Yes, it's as simple as that.
And somewhat coincidentally is also the reason conservatives are having apoplectic fits.

Well,

Kudos to Occupied for an honest analysis.

Kudos to RightWanker for his typical non-response (at least he's consistent).

I agree with Occupied on the introspective part. It was a well thought out article. And I also agree that I rarely see anything like that from the right. For some reason we don't like to look in the mirror.

As to the content of the article. It almost speaks to wanting something you simply can't have. Franks is a liberal who has always advocated quite eloquently for his side.

He is, in my estimation, more intellectually honest than most.

This isn't "introspection and self-examination", it's not as if he's saying anything bad about liberals.

He's just saying that liberals put their wonderful, well-founded faith in politicians who ultimately let them down.

In other words, they're victims of their own high standards. They're right about everything, their leaders just aren't good enough.

That's as close as partisan ideologues come to "introspection and self-examination", either party.

Didn't Thomas Frank used to play first base for the White Sox?

He was good

The Big Hurt.

frank-thomas-chicago-white-sox-autographed-photograph-mvp-inscription-3391981.jpg

This isn't "introspection and self-examination", it's not as if he's saying anything bad about liberals.

He's just saying that liberals put their wonderful, well-founded faith in politicians who ultimately let them down.

In other words, they're victims of their own high standards. They're right about everything, their leaders just aren't good enough.

That's as close as partisan ideologues come to "introspection and self-examination", either party.

You can't have an article like this and not be admitting that you are not smart enough to not "get fooled again".

Franks is a liberal and pushed hard for the liberal agenda.

I don't agree with him..

But, isn't it funny that when we go after Pat Roberts we get accused of "eating our own" and the libs scream and come all over the place in ecstasy.

Now, it seems that Franks is implying that maybe they had better start doing some of the same.

Forum List

Back