Thomas Frank Recently Wrote An Article That Criticized Obama Severely

Bingo.

Yet I have to wonder. It will depend on which "side" of the party wins out. It may also end up that the non-extremists leave the party. We'll find out, but the country needs two strong, sane and reasonable parties, stat. Clock is ticking.

what about the extremists on the left?

Oh, they're there, but they're protected by Obama. Plus, the Dems can point to the GOP's behavior (such as "one term President"). The only way they come out of the woodwork and exert influence is if the Dems have control of the White House, Senate and Congress.

They DID have control of the White House, Senate and Congress. The 'far left' was shut out. Did we get single payer? Did we get a public option??

but remember folks, the want to tell Obama isn't LEFT

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpAyan1fXCE]Obama on single payer health insurance - YouTube[/ame]

The sane members of the member out number you, and they are going to get you guys out.

Reality is that your type are the losers in our Republican Party, and if we lose to Obama, we are going to dump all over you.

Well it seems Jake doesn't mind that the Democrat has become so far left it should be renamed the Communist Party of the United State

He just wants to dump all over his "supposed" party

as if you have any say in the matter.

His major mistake is to cater to the far right.

He is very correct to simply note you far lefties are the past, not the future of America.

Hey Jake, how much blame does Romney get for the fact he is going to lose this election? He has had the opportunity to address the nation and show a more centrist GOP approach. What has he done Jake? He has catered to the far right who control the GOP. Just like I said he would. Picking Paul Ryan should have been the canary in the mineshaft for you, but it wasn't. Ryan has done enormous damage to the ticket.

“47%” Was Bad for Romney; Ryan Has Been Deadly

Today's Democratic Party is to the right of the Democrats I grew up with. As a matter of fact, the GOP in the 50's was to the left of today's Democratic party.

The last 30 years has seen the results of the conservative era. It has been a complete and utter failure.

I lived through the entire era to which you speak. I can say with all the confidence from being a direct witness to events that what you say is pure poppycock. Tell me of one issue that the country has moved more conservative and how.

It is the liberal experment of dependence that started with the Great Society give away under LBJ that has clearly been shown to be a failure, just look around you. The liberal left wants to but can't destroy a system then blame the system for its own destruction. At least they can't do it honestly.

He is very correct to simply note you far lefties are the past, not the future of America.

Today's Democratic Party is to the right of the Democrats I grew up with. As a matter of fact, the GOP in the 50's was to the left of today's Democratic party.

The last 30 years has seen the results of the conservative era. It has been a complete and utter failure.

I lived through the entire era to which you speak. I can say with all the confidence from being a direct witness to events that what you say is pure poppycock. Tell me of one issue that the country has moved more conservative and how.

It is the liberal experment of dependence that started with the Great Society give away under LBJ that has clearly been shown to be a failure, just look around you. The liberal left wants to but can't destroy a system then blame the system for its own destruction. At least they can't do it honestly.

I agree
I've watched the grand old Democrat party of old, DIE with the takeover by the far left..
And Obama is even further left than that

Well sonny, I lived through it too. And what HAS changed is we went from a responsible Democratic philosophy of a tax and spend economy to an irresponsible Voodoo economic policy of a borrow and spend economy. Educate yourself on 'starve the beast' economics and Grover Norquist.

Debt was NEVER an issue during the era you say you lived through. When did out debt problem start? Do you even know? Who looted Social Security? Do you even know?

There is no liberal experiment of dependence. You are parroting far right wing GARBAGE.

Just like Mitt Romney, you are ignorant to who these 'so called' dependents are.

If there is a citizenry on this planet that does NOT have an entitlement mentality, it is the American people. American workers take less vacation time than any other people. American workers take pride in the quality of their work and their work ethic.

What Romney said is a gross insult and reveals a dangerous mindset. He reeks of contempt for middle class working people and the poor.

Who are the 47%?

Federal budget and Census data show that, in 2010, 91 percent of the benefit dollars from entitlement and other mandatory programs went to the elderly (people 65 and over), the seriously disabled, and members of working households. People who are neither elderly nor disabled — and do not live in a working household — received only 9 percent of the benefits.

Moreover, the vast bulk of that 9 percent goes for medical care, unemployment insurance benefits (which individuals must have a significant work history to receive), Social Security survivor benefits for the children and spouses of deceased workers, and Social Security benefits for retirees between ages 62 and 64. Seven out of the 9 percentage points go for one of these four purposes.

80 percent of the workforce has seen their wages decline in real terms over the last quarter-century, and the average household has seen 40 percent of its wealth disappear during the Great Recession. Through it all, families never asked for a handout from anyone, especially Washington. They were left to go on their own, working harder, squeezing nickels, and taking care of themselves. But their economic boats have been taking on water for years, and now the crisis has swamped millions of middle class families. ref ref

"Labor is the United States. The men and women, who with their minds, their hearts and hands, create the wealth that is shared in this country—they are America."
President Dwight D. Eisenhower

I believe you are the stupid one here. In committee the GOP was ready to sign on to some of Obamacare. Word came from the WH to hurry up and blow past GOP objections. This is why they needed to use unprecedented loopholes and bribes to pass that crap.

Obama never wanted to work with the GOP because he didnt have to. He had a super majority in Congress. His biggest problem was other Democrats.

"In committee the GOP was ready to sign on to some of Obamacare"... you mean like Senator Chuck Grassley, who SAID publicly he would work with Senate Finance Committee Chair Sen. Max Baucus. The same Chuck Grassley who President Obama told a New Hampshire audience is “sincerely trying to figure out…a health care bill that works.”

Then Grassley goes back to Iowa and LIES and fearmongers when he told a crowd of more than 300 that they were correct to fear that the government would "pull the plug on grandma."?

You are willfully ignoring that Republicans made a collective decision to undermine health care reform and hand Obama his Waterloo...WHY?

You havent proven anything except my initial contention. The GOP is littered with representatives who instinctively want to be bipartisan and consistently vote with the Dems. Yet the Dems could not budge a single one of these RINOs on major issues. Heck, they had problems budging their own members, thus the Cornhusker Kickback and Louisiana Purchase.

The Reagan era destroyed the balance of America and energized the evil of the far extremist right and libertarian wings of America.

The Reagan era destroyed the balance of America and energized the evil of the far extremist right and libertarian wings of America.

The Obama era has impoverished America to third world status and made us the "Jake Starkey" of the Western world.

Two can play at making unsubtantiated statements, Jakey-poo.

You are a brainwashed far right fool, The Rabbi, and you are the King of the Unsubstantiated Statement.

what about the extremists on the left?

Oh, they're there, but they're protected by Obama. Plus, the Dems can point to the GOP's behavior (such as "one term President"). The only way they come out of the woodwork and exert influence is if the Dems have control of the White House, Senate and Congress.

They DID have control of the White House, Senate and Congress. The 'far left' was shut out. Did we get single payer? Did we get a public option??

Look back - there were enough Republicans in Congress (and they behaved like they were stuck together with freakin' SuperGlue™) and just enough Democrats to cross over against their own party. The Dems need more than just control, they need numbers. Didn't have them 2008-2010.

Hey Jake, how much blame does Romney get for the fact he is going to lose this election? He has had the opportunity to address the nation and show a more centrist GOP approach. What has he done Jake? He has catered to the far right who control the GOP. Just like I said he would. Picking Paul Ryan should have been the canary in the mineshaft for you, but it wasn't. Ryan has done enormous damage to the ticket.

“47%” Was Bad for Romney; Ryan Has Been Deadly

You grew up with a bunch of communists. At one time the Democrat Party believed in fighting the communists. It also believed in tax cuts. How can anyone believe the Democrat has moved to the right of that?

You're obviously just a lying propaganda drone.

I understand his point, however, I don't agree that he was a failure

I believe that Obama stuck to his principles in trying to reach out to the Republicans, although they had decided from day 0 to attack and obstruct him at every turn.

Blame the Republicans, blah, blah, blah. That is getting old and tired and is clearly wrong. Frank is right: "President Obama’s first term has been a dramatic failure compared to the rhetoric that landed him in office." If Obama had any honor, he would step down and let someone else run for President. The fact that he didn't means he's just another power-hungry politician who only cares about himself.

The Dems need more than just control, they need numbers. Didn't have them 2008-2010.

Stupid comment of the week!

Evidently reading the comments on which that sentence is based proved to require a bit too much effort and intellectual elasticity for you.

My apologies, I'll endeavor in the future to keep things a bit more simple.

The Dems need more than just control, they need numbers. Didn't have them 2008-2010.

Stupid comment of the week!

Evidently reading the comments on which that sentence is based proved to require a bit too much effort and intellectual elasticity for you.

My apologies, I'll endeavor in the future to keep things a bit more simple.

No it was transparent enough. Control, which comes through numbers, wasn't enough. They needed numbers to have control!
Brilliant!

Forum List

Back