*This Women Didn't Deserve This: Gifford*

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chesswarsnow, Jan 13, 2011.

1. chesswarsnow

chesswarsnow "SASQUATCH IS WATCHING"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +638
    Sorry bout that,

1. In my opinion Rep Gabrielle Gifford didn't deserve this, all the politcal hay being made over her shooting.
    2. There she is laying in the hospital holding onto life, while the liberal media drags her through the mud, using her shooting as a political football, stomping all over her while she clings to life, smashing her face into mud holes as they constantly attack the Republicans over her peril, her life is in the balance, and her party is on the war path using her limp body as a pole to ram the doors at the gates of the Republican Party, smashing her limp head into the Republican Castle, relentlessly hammering her head into the doors.
    3. The memory of those who died is pointless now, with all the hay being made about Rep Gabriellle Gifford.
    4. The left has made such a huge deal about Rep Gabrielle Gifford being shot in the head, that those others who died mean nothing to them, in the final outcome of this tragic event.
    5. Constant attacks on Sarah Palin, Rush, and the Republican Party has over shadowed this shooting.
    6. To the liberal media, Sarah Palin pulled the trigger, and Rush was there too, telling her which ones to shoot.
    7. No one can refute this, this is a *CHECKMATE* OP post, no other need apply.
    8. *CASE CLOSED*.:eek:

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas

2. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    Nobody has forgotten the people who died and their families, Jimmy. Nice try at demonizing the left, though.

I wish just ONE of you on the right would say "I hope we will be more civil in future" or "I am so sorry this happened".

3. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    Nothing would be more civil than MSNBC going off the air for a week.

4. RDD_1210

RDD_1210 Forms his own opinions

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,017
    Every time you post, an angel loses its wings.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. masquerade

masquerade positivity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    I am truly sorry this happened and every day I hope and pray for more civility in our future. But I can't do it alone. Thoughts such as these need to be from all Americans across the country and that just ain't gonna happen.

6. Talismen

Talismen Lady Templar & Kafir

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    The sad thing is....Politics has always been, at times, and to one degree or another, 'heated'. That doesn't mean it's always a bad thing, but, as society changes, the 'heat' intensifies.

What would've NEVER been acceptable as 'heated' years ago, is the norm today.

7. chesswarsnow

chesswarsnow "SASQUATCH IS WATCHING"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +638
    Sorry bout that,

1. Maddie, Maddie, this sin't about me deary.
    2. This is all about the liberal media, please try to stay on topic there sweets.
    3. You don't watch MSNBC much now do you?
    4. CNN? doubt it!
    5. ABC, CBS? anything that represents the liberal media???
    6. I monitored them last night, and I can honestly say, it was biased political bashing, using Giffords as a ram.:eek:

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas

8. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    Mebbe we can change what is "acceptable" by criticisizing our OWN public figures if they go off the reservation. And by guarding our own tongues.

9. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    There she is laying in the hospital holding onto life, while the liberal media drags her through the mud, using her shooting as a political football, stomping all over her while she clings to life, smashing her face into mud holes as they constantly attack the Republicans over her peril, her life is in the balance, and her party is on the war path using her limp body as a pole to ram the doors at the gates of the Republican Party, smashing her limp head into the Republican Castle, relentlessly hammering her head into the doors

Fortunately it looks like she may be able to tell us what she thinks when she is recovered well enough.

She did ask for a better poltical dialogue before she was shot.

I think she will likely do the same after she recovers well enough.

Will you listen to her?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Talismen

Talismen Lady Templar & Kafir

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69

While it's a noble idea, and one that would hopefully take root....WHO gets to define what is acceptable and what is not?

-Government?
    -Political parties?

And how would that jive with the 1st amendment?

We can dislike the fact that BEFORE the kid pulled the trigger, he was merely a nutjob unto himself, who apparently plagued many with his insanity. But, there is no constitutional right to sanity. People can be as screwed up as they like, so long as they don't willfully cause harm to another. He did that, and that's where he went wrong.

And there's another good question....Who gets to decide what "harm" is?
    Just because someone is offended, that doesn't mean they've been "harmed", despite what many lawyers and the general 'tone' of society would have us all believe. No one has a right to be offended. It is a choice.