This will give you a chill.....

S

smirkinjesus

Several months before the War started, I read this article in the Seattle Weekly...http://www.seattleweekly.com/features/0310/books-war.php

It contains the following paragraph....

-Asked about the words addressed to him by his fellow sinner-turned-born-again-Christian Karla Faye Tucker just before her execution, Bush repeated them mockingly—"Please . . . don't kill me!" Representing the most powerful one percent of Americans, Bush finds the mortal fear of powerless people hilarious.-

I know the Seattle Weekly is very Liberal. But come on, you can't slant this. The woman is being put to death, and he was mocking her. He is not a stable man, certainly not stable enough to be president.

smirkinjesus said:
Several months before the War started, I read this article in the Seattle Weekly...http://www.seattleweekly.com/features/0310/books-war.php

-Asked about the words addressed to him by his fellow sinner-turned-born-again-Christian Karla Faye Tucker just before her execution, Bush repeated them mockingly—"Please . . . don't kill me!" Representing the most powerful one percent of Americans, Bush finds the mortal fear of powerless people hilarious.-

I know the Seattle Weekly is very Liberal. But come on, you can't slant this. The woman is being put to death, and he was mocking her. He is not a stable man, certainly not stable enough to be president.

OK, you've taken us to a book review site, of people bashing Bush. Your point?

Tucker Carlson was interviewing Bush when he did this. Tucker is the one who reported it.

Classic! I force you to look at the real Dubya, you don't like what you see, alright, I'll leave you alone now. So go ahead finish me off....but just keep this in the back of your mind when you check that box next to Bush on November 2nd....

--During a 2000 interview with the conservative journalist Tucker Carlson, Bush wickedly mocked Karla Faye Tucker, the only woman to be executed in Texas during the 20th century. When Carlson asked W. how he felt about pleas for Karla Faye's clemency, he pretended to be her on death row, and whimpered, "Please don't kill me."--

I wonder if Pontius Pilate was that funny about state-sanctioned murder?

smirkinjesus said:

smirkinjesus said:
Classic! I force you to look at the real Dubya, you don't like what you see, alright, I'll leave you alone now. So go ahead finish me off....but just keep this in the back of your mind when you check that box next to Bush on November 2nd....

--During a 2000 interview with the conservative journalist Tucker Carlson, Bush wickedly mocked Karla Faye Tucker, the only woman to be executed in Texas during the 20th century. When Carlson asked W. how he felt about pleas for Karla Faye's clemency, he pretended to be her on death row, and whimpered, "Please don't kill me."--

I wonder if Pontius Pilate was that funny about state-sanctioned murder?

:teeth: In a way, you are almost amusing, but fail. There is no way to check from your link what the heck you are referring to, in the literal or context. On the other hand...never mind.

smirkinjesus said:

The paragraph isolates four words in a book reviewed by someone who calls Molly Ivins "fair-minded." I would like to see a link to the entire interview before I made a fair judgment... or does a far-Left liberal book review constitute a good source to you? :rolleyes:

Actually the Seattle Weekly is considered to have a slightly conservative bend

Travis (seattle native and fairly often (once or twice a month) reader of the Seattle Weekly) Pahl

Lol is this the best you can do? It seems you are in over your head here at USMB, maybe Yahoo is better suited to you. Anyway even if it is true who cares, a murderer was executed, good. If Bush made light of it(which I doubt that this isn't taken out of context knowing liberals) good for him, we need men with balls not more liberal wimps.

I would have to say I don't believe this either. I don't think anyone would be dumb enough to say that on camera. I would like to see the original interview myself, that is a pretty serious accusation.

Whether it's true or not, it's irrelevant. If one of us came on here and just posted anti-Kerry screeds, they would be deemed a troll. Along the line of the 'haters' which no one has much to do with. It's the 'don't feed the trolls' philosophy.

This guy is a troll, ala Bully. Leave him to wallow, if he flames, he'll get attention.

It is difficult to read. Look, if you think I made it up, or the Liberal media made it up. Do your own research, you will find that it is very much true. I don't find it hard to believe but I am indeed biased. It is disburbing to me that although people act cruely all the time, when a person who has power over peoples' lives behaves in such a way, it is especially disburbing. He did say it, of that I am almost certain. Tucker Carlson wrote the article, he would never make something like that up, and why would he? Bush is his man. He still supports Bush for President as far as I know, and the interview was in 1999.

smirkinjesus said:
It is difficult to read. Look, if you think I made it up, or the Liberal media made it up. Do your own research, you will find that it is very much true. I don't find it hard to believe but I am indeed biased. It is disburbing to me that although people act cruely all the time, when a person who has power over peoples' lives behaves in such a way, it is especially disburbing. He did say it, of that I am almost certain. Tucker Carlson wrote the article, he would never make something like that up, and why would he? Bush is his man. He still supports Bush for President as far as I know, and the interview was in 1999.

Regardless of whether he said it or not, is it really the best reason to not vote for Bush? I can think of at least 10 very quickly that is much less debateable and much stronger reason to not vote for the man. You might do better concentrating on those issues.

Just as the anti kerry people would do better argueing against Kerry's policies than that he looks goofy in a NASA suit and his wife said something rude.

Travis

Travis

smirkinjesus said:

Why should I research your post? Who is Tucker Carlson anyway?

I had no problem reading the article. I guess my question is why in the world did you think she shouldn't have died for the crimes she commited? She murdered. She doesn't deserve to live.

Forum List

Back