this will be worth seeing....new comet as bright as the full moon

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
Late next year, there will be a new object in the night sky nearly 10 times brighter than the full moon. This temporary attraction, called C/2012 S1, is a comet that has likely never passed through our inner solar system before, so it's larger and more reflective than those our sun has already blasted.

C/2012 S1 won't just be bright; it'll be large enough to see without the need for binoculars or a telescope. Its brightness magnitude is expected to be -16, with the Sun by comparison being -26. Comet Hale-Bopp, seen above, was magnitude -1 when it passed through our solar system in 1997. Astronomers are predicting that C/2012 S1 will appear in the sky near the sun and horizon, so it should be fairly easy to pinpoint without a sky map. Should it contain a large amount of gas beneath its icy exterior, the comet could sprout a massive glowing tail as it nears the sun and the ice is melted away, making it even easier to see — not to mention much cooler looking.

Comet due in 2013 could be brighter than the full moon | Technology News Blog - Yahoo! News

why yes i do..and i remember the big dude kotenkul or whatever......a friend of mine...dumb bitch that she was..named her kid after the comet that wasnt

Halle-Bopp:

3002003.jpg

no ring but i found a replacement lol...hubby aint shelling out the cash however...keeps reminding me that i am financially challenged....his nice way of saying broke...he calls me when i am window shopping to remind me...

Forum List

Back