This Will Be a Good Start

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
CHICAGO — President-elect Barack Obama is poised to move swiftly to reverse actions that President Bush took using executive authority, and his transition team is reviewing limits on stem cell research and the expansion of oil and gas drilling, among other issues, members of the team said Sunday.

As Mr. Obama prepared to make his first post-election visit to the White House on Monday, his advisers were compiling a list of policies that could be reversed by the executive powers of the new president. The assessment is under way, aides said, but a full list of policies to be overturned will not be announced by Mr. Obama until he confers with new members of his cabinet.

“There’s a lot that the president can do using his executive authority without waiting for Congressional action, and I think we’ll see the president do that,” John D. Podesta, a top transition leader, said Sunday. “He feels like he has a real mandate for change. We need to get off the course that the Bush administration has set.” No shit Sherlock.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/10/us/politics/10obama.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

The question I have is whether he will use the executive order properly. It is not enough to just go in their and "clean-up", but he has to do it within limit. There is no way I want him just taking free reign of the country just because Bush did a poor job. That is always how you get dictators and authoritarian regimes. If he stays within his limits, it will not worry me then.

Forum List

Back