This Weekend's Games

Looking at Seattle's 2005 Season, they were 13-2 when they clinched homefield. They won 7 games by 10 or more. So far they beat Washington in the playoffs but struggled with them. I'll be impressed if they destroy Carolina. I think its anybody's game with a slight edge to Seattle for homefield. If Seattle crushes Car, then they could have competed with the 2004 Eagles. If not, its not even close.

insein said:
They dont? 13-1 before they gained homefield and packed it. In those games, they won 8 of 13 by 10 points or more. Their 2 playoff wins they won by 13 pts and 17 pts. Then they lost in the Super Bowl to the defending champs by 3 points despite a bad effort from McNabb.

How is that not domination? They only got blown out in 1 game all year and destroyed pretty much everyone else including the 2 NFC teams they faced in the playoffs.

Seattle was 13-2 when they clinched home field.
Seattle NEVER got blown out. They lost their three games by a combined 18 points. That's 37 Fewer points given up than the Eagles of last year's regular season.
This year seattle Won 7 games by 10 or more, and their first playoff win was 10 points.

I don't see how that means they'd 'smoke' this year's seattle team.

insein said:
Looking at Seattle's 2005 Season, they were 13-2 when they clinched homefield. They won 7 games by 10 or more. So far they beat Washington in the playoffs but struggled with them. I'll be impressed if they destroy Carolina. I think its anybody's game with a slight edge to Seattle for homefield. If Seattle crushes Car, then they could have competed with the 2004 Eagles. If not, its not even close.

lol :)

jimnyc said:
It should be a pretty good game. I see them fairly matched. Edge to Denver with the HFA but the Steelers on their emotional roll.

I see this one again going close into the 4th Q where the Steelers end it.

Steelers 29
Broncos 14

You forget the Broncos also just won a game that everybody said that they couldn't win, they are also the favored in Vegas now....

I see this being the score..

Steelers: 23
Broncos: 27

dmp said:
I'd really like a Seahawks/Broncos SB. I mean...Excellent rivalry throughout history there. :)

This would be really awesome. I'm looking forward to it, if the Hawks can get past the Panthers on an emotional roll.

Last time Seattle Played Carolina, Alexander rushed 32 times for 195. 6.1 Average. One run was 44 yards, so take that way and it's still 151 and 31. Keep in mind, per Trent Dilfer today on the Radio: "(Seattle OT) Walter Jones is FAR and AWAY the best Offensive Lineman in Football. Guaranteed First-ballot Hall of Famer."

Panther's front four then?

LDE 90 Julius Peppers
LDT 99 Brentson Buckner
RDT 94 Kindal Moorehead
RDE 93 Mike Rucker

Panthers Front four now?

LE Julius Peppers
LT Brentson Buckner
RT Jordan Carstens
RE Mike Rucker

If Shaun runs for 100+ yards, I think Seattle will win in a blowout.

Seattle over Carolina.
Denver over Pittsburgh

Ain't no one respecting the Seahawks.

There's no way the Steelers are living in Denver's backfield like they did against the Colts. They won't get more than 2 sacks. Denver wins.

Toro said:
Seattle over Carolina.
Denver over Pittsburgh

Ain't no one respecting the Seahawks.

There's no way the Steelers are living in Denver's backfield like they did against the Colts. They won't get more than 2 sacks. Denver wins.

Steelers had 3 sacks and should have had a few more. 2 INT's and both RB's held to 67 yards combined.

IMO, the Steelers were the better team today in just about every area.

jimnyc said:
Steelers had 3 sacks and should have had a few more. 2 INT's and both RB's held to 67 yards combined.

IMO, the Steelers were the better team today in just about every area.

Yeah, gotta hand it to your guys. They wanted it more. I mean, Champ missed an easy pick for a TD that would have set the pace for that game early. Then after they marched it down the Broncos never really got their rythm together...

It was a better game near the end, but it must have been nice for Steelers fans, they were never in any real danger.

insein said:
gotta hand it to Seattle. I expected them to win, but they manhandled Carolina today. Definitely the #1 seed in the NFC. Should be a good game in 2 weeks.

After seeing that game, do you still feel there were several AFC teams who are better?

dmp said:
After seeing that game, do you still feel there were several AFC teams who are better?

No i definitely think they were top 2. Colts were better in the regular season, but in the post season its just them and the Steelers not just because they made it to the bowl. They were the 2 best teams in the playoffs.

insein said:
No i definitely think they were top 2. Colts were better in the regular season, but in the post season its just them and the Steelers not just because they made it to the bowl. They were the 2 best teams in the playoffs.

So that's a bit of a change of opinion.

insein said:
Seattle owns the NFC this year, but theyd be probably 4th or 5th in the AFC.

I'm pretty happy w/ the Seahawks - Win or Lose the SB.

:)

insein said:
Like i said, they had to destroy Carolina for me to change my mind and they did just that.

Me too, sorta. I was hoping they would win. But seeing them play what I think as the best, most-complete Football game EVER for the franchise blew me away. I was drunk, emotionally drained, and passed-the-hell-out by 8pm that night. Woke up about 9am the next morning.

Fantastic game. :)

Forum List

Back