This Week in Government Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
&

☭proletarian☭

Courtesy of the Cato Institute
Over at Downsizing Government, we focused on the following issues this week:

This Week in Government Failure | Cato @ Liberty

Our Government is simply doing too much at this point. They are grossly over-reaching on everything. Give me a "Do-Nothing Congress" over an Over-Reaching Congress anytime. I'm still waiting for just one brave politician to stand up and propose Legislation that would propose our Congress meet less often. Our Congress is just in session far too often in my opinion. The more they meet,the more damage they do to our nation. I really like how Texas does it. Their State Legislature meets for 90 Days a year every two months. They seem to be doing ok. In fact more States should follow their lead on that. Congress-Fatigue is at it's highest level i can remember. It's gotten so bad that most Americans are now begging them to hurry up and go on Recess. Less Government is the answer.

I would love to have one politician with the balls to say, when asked about a problem:
"Ya know, X is a serious problem But gov't cannot solve X. If we try we will only make things worse. There are plenty of ways the private sector and non-profits can address X and they will do so far more efficiently and effectively than gov't can. Thank you."

I'd vote for that man forever.

I would love to have one politician with the balls to say, when asked about a problem:
"Ya know, X is a serious problem But gov't cannot solve X. If we try we will only make things worse. There are plenty of ways the private sector and non-profits can address X and they will do so far more efficiently and effectively than gov't can. Thank you."

There are lots of politicians who say that. So you vote Republican? You're an idiot.

☭proletarian☭;2074088 said:

There are lots of politicians who say that. So you vote Republican? You're an idiot.

Please show me one.

And I assume you are agreeing with me at this point that Lopez bars the Federal gov't from intruding on educational issues.

☭proletarian☭;2074088 said:

Please show me one.

Never seen a GOP rally or heard of CPAC?

You're an idiot.

A variation of this has been going on recently in NJ as new governor Christie has been telling the legislature and citizens they've got huge, unsustainable X, Y, Z, and other homegrown problems that are strangling their state and must be corrected.

Don't know if anyone's listening to him but he's definitely telling it like it is.

lol

I thought jews were supposed to be smart?

:lol:

You say you'll vote Republican for life (the promise exactly what you want them to promise) with no regard to what they actually do and you're trying to insult my intelligence?

I would love to have many politicians with the balls to do, when asked about a problem "Ya know, X is a serious problem But gov't cannot solve X. If we try we will only make things worse. There are plenty of ways the private sector and non-profits can address X and they will do so far more efficiently and effectively than gov't can."

I would love to have many politicians with the balls to do, when asked about a problem "Ya know, X is a serious problem But gov't cannot solve X. If we try we will only make things worse. There are plenty of ways the private sector and non-profits can address X and they will do so far more efficiently and effectively than gov't can."
Right. I think that's what we meant, but i digress.

Good point on Christie. That dude seems to be pretty hardcore when it comes to fiscal responsibility.

☭proletarian☭;2074250 said:

You say you'll vote Republican for life (the promise exactly what you want them to promise) with no regard to what they actually do and you're trying to insult my intelligence?

Please show me where I said anything like that.
This will probably end up like the Lopez thread. You making wild assertions you can't possibly defend and then insulting people when they point that out.
You are way in over your head here.

This will probably end up like the Lopez thread. You making wild assertions you can't possibly defend and then insulting people when they point that out.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/108207-this-week-in-government-failure.html#post2072297

The stupid Jew can't remember what it said.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

☭proletarian☭;2074290 said:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/108207-this-week-in-government-failure.html#post2072297

The stupid Jew can't remember what it said.

And the typically illiterate anti-Semite can't understand a simple post. What a shocker that.

Our Government is simply doing too much at this point. They are grossly over-reaching on everything. Give me a "Do-Nothing Congress" over an Over-Reaching Congress anytime. I'm still waiting for just one brave politician to stand up and propose Legislation that would propose our Congress meet less often. Our Congress is just in session far too often in my opinion. The more they meet,the more damage they do to our nation. I really like how Texas does it. Their State Legislature meets for 90 Days a year every two months. They seem to be doing ok. In fact more States should follow their lead on that. Congress-Fatigue is at it's highest level i can remember. It's gotten so bad that most Americans are now begging them to hurry up and go on Recess. Less Government is the answer.

Its not so much that government is overreaching its more like people are trying to make it do something it wasn't meant to do and that is to provide for people. Government is meant to be a stop on our behaviour and its function is to control and nothing more. To make do anything other than that is like expecting a bus to be a jetliner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back