This week Any Questions? discusses the UK election result

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
Jonathan Dimbleby presents political debate and discussion from the Radio Theatre at London's Broadcasting House with former Home Secretary, Charles Clarke; former Leader of the Conservatives, Lord Howard of Lympne; the Liberal Democrat peer, Baroness Williams of Crosby; and former Leader of the Scottish National Party, Gordon Wilson.

AUDIO
BBC Radio 4 - Any Questions

Jonathan Dimbleby presents political debate and discussion from the Radio Theatre at London's Broadcasting House with former Home Secretary, Charles Clarke; former Leader of the Conservatives, Lord Howard of Lympne; the Liberal Democrat peer, Baroness Williams of Crosby; and former Leader of the Scottish National Party, Gordon Wilson.

AUDIO

Oh come on now...Jonathan Dimbleby is just a character ?creature? in a Harry Potter movie. Right?

What's interesting is that pretty close to EVERY polling outfit in Britain entirely missed on their projections:

From The Wall Street Journal:

LONDON—Britain’s vanquished Labour Party is hanging its head after a brutal defeat in Thursday’s election.

So, too, are the country’s pollsters.

Heading into the vote, practically every major survey firm predicted a knife’s-edge contest. Yet it has been a blowout: The Conservative Party won 331 seats to Labour’s 232, yielding a slender Conservative majority in the 650-seat House of Commons, an outcome predicted by practically no analysts.

AUDIO

Oh come on now...Jonathan Dimbleby is just a character ?creature? in a Harry Potter movie. Right?

Any-Questions_1874243c.jpg

No, he is a real Chap!

Jonathan Dimbleby (born 31 July 1944, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire) is a British presenter of current affairs and political radio and television programmes, a political commentator and a writer

JS63025217.jpg

Janette Robb is also delighted with the SNP's success in Helensburgh

Margaret Meadwell, who has lived most of her life in Helensburgh, had never voted for the SNP before.

The 55-year-old, who co-owns the town’s gift and craft shop Shooftie with Niki Sammon, said: “Previously, I’ve always been
worried about a vote for the SNP because of the base and what it would mean for our community.

“That’s what stopped me from voting for independence. I worry that if Faslane goes, then Helensburgh will struggle and
our business is in its infancy.

“But it’s time to give something new a chance, something to freshen things up.

“It’s about time Scotland got more say and the SNP are the only party who can make it happen.

“I wasn’t going to tell my husband I had voted SNP because he used to work on the base.

“But then he came home and admitted he had too – I couldn’t believe it. People’s opinions around here are changing.”

Trident town on joining the SNP surge for the first time and why it s time for change - Daily Record

287DC5E000000578-0-image-m-7_1431204596050.jpg

'Scotland has seen a number of days many people thought there would never be.

‘Some people thought there would never be a Scottish Parliament, then they thought there would never be an SNP Government, then some people thought there would never be a majority SNP Government. This is the latest staging post in what seems a progress for the Scottish people.’

Scroll down for video

Ex-SNP leader Alex Salmond insists Scotland will become independent Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
images

Jonathan Dimbleby

BBC RADIO 4 - Any Questions?
This week's Panel:

Ben Bradshaw MP, Tim Montgomerie, Joan Smith, Sarah Wollaston MP

Jonathan Dimbleby presents political debate and discussion from Filleigh Village Hall in North Devon with Labour MP Ben Bradshaw, Times Columnist Tim Montgomerie, Independent Columnist Joan Smith,and Conservative MP Sarah Wollaston.

AUDIO.
Available now - 48 minutes

BBC Radio 4 - Any Questions Ben Bradshaw MP Tim Montgomerie Joan Smith Sarah Wollaston MP

Forum List

Back