This Way or That?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I can't imagine Obama changing, but if he doesn't the results of last two elections may well come undone. But in time? I'm feeling the later part of this article.

Works and Days » Thoughts from the Later Republic » Print

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630
    Very well written article. The only point that I didn't see addressed was that Obama did nothing to stop the outflow of jobs and factories overseas. The "cash for clunkers" program was a disaster whereby we borrowed money from China to give to foreign car makers. Prosecuting the CIA for actively pursuing terrorists is also a major mistake. I'd charge Obama and his admin with treason for disclosing CIA interrogation methods "aid & comfort to the enemy" such that they could train for them.

Its amazing how incredibly stupid the Obama admin is when actually trying to govern. He simply can't get out of campaign mode, since that is the only experience he has to draw upon. He never ran anything and it shows.

3. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,089
    Must be my pessimistic side, but I'm afraid that it will be near impossible to unseat the smooth-speaking, white-guilt President.

But the House...

Con:
    Even with riots outside the Convention Hall in Chicago, LBJ maintained both houses.

Even with 10% unemployment, Ronaldus lost only 26 House seats

Pro:

Clinton lost 47

We need 40 to make the requisite impact.

William Wallace: "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,784
    Well KYZR what could anyone possibly expect from someone who's only experience in Govt is as a Community Organizer?? This guy is woefully unqualified to be the Prez. He has a bunch of left wing loons as advisors. These loons have gotten bs passed under him that they weren't able to get to the floor of Congress for debate.

Oh yeah. His CHANGE is going to work for all of us. Take from those that earned it and have, and give to those that haven't earned it. What a load of bullshit.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Difference between LBJ and Obama? People liked the war on Poverty, Civil Rights. Concerns were college students/Vietnam. They liked the economy, they just weren't crazy about LBJ, but who would they have been crazy about after 'Camelot' and the loss?

I think LBJ could have won, he let Conkite's comment hit him too hard.

Obama is personally liked, but there is a huge and growing disconnect between liking the man but not the policies. With any large mistake-trial in NY?-he could lose his popularity.