This war is not headed in any "reasonable" direction

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
Americans are dying even after the "Mission Accomplished" banner was so proudly recognised by the current CIC while doing the chickenhawk strut across the deck of that aircraft carrier 20 miles off the coast of San Diego, California. The Shiites that represent the majority of the Iragi population are just not digging the American form of Democracy that is being thrust upon them. Even the Kurds and revolutionary Baathists are looking fish-eyed at the proposals. The UN is still trying to get over the "irrelevant" remark made by our CIC while addressing them and the Iraqi's themselves, while understanding that SH is no longer a fear to be dealt with, seem now to fear us, the US, and wish that we would just go away. Hmmmmmmm. A political dilemma that we seem ill-prepared to deal with. Even our own troops are becoming more disgruntled given their contributions to the Stars and Stripes and to whomever journalist that will pay them any mind whatsoever.

I dunno. There must be a more underlying problem than "freedom" or the absense of such absorbing this war. Don't you think?

Oh Jeebus.

This is a war - not a movie. Given the guerilla nature of terrorism, it is highly likely that pockets of violence will continue for some time. The German resistance continued for three years after the end of WWII.

I don't mean to be mean, wonderwench, but there are Nazis to this day, even right here in the USA. It's a fascist ideology that I don't pretend or begin to understand but it exists, here and now.

I agree, this is a war, not a movie. I wish our CIC and our media would quit pretending that it was.

The CIC is not pretending the war is a movie - he has been quite up front that the War on Terror will be quite lengthy.

The liberal-biased outlets of the elite media are the ones spinning the Iraq is a Quagmire myth. Their reason for doing so is quite transparent.

Let's agree that we might not be reading the same newspapers or watching the same news programs on TV but you have to admit that the current CIC is pushing the envelope on moviedom all the way from "with us or against us" to the "strut" that I mentioned earlier. Much, much more. Would you care to identify this so-called "elite liberal media"? I've yet to see anything like such an entity?

ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, Time Magazine, New York Times, NPR for a start.

You don't understand much about the gamesmanship and theatre of negotiations.

Bush's use of "with us or against us" etc. was necessary in order to break the world out of the inaction of the U.N. - and it worked.

And "dead or alive" was just a slip of the tongue, I guess? GWB is not perceived, even now, as any courageous type by anyone outside his cult followers. There has to be some realness involved in world politics and your "gamesmanship" is laughed upon and it is evident that your understanding of the "theatre of negotiation" is quite lacking. Whatever, go on about your life.

Your perception of CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN and Time Magazine and NPR are enough to tell me that you don't really have a clue as to what corporate manipulation of the media really means. Even the New York Times is now inundated with right wing editorials and news skewed towards rightwing and fascist thinking. There really is no "left wing" media anymore and has not been for many years. Keep on listening to propaganda, wonderwench. It's your American right to do so. Personally, I would rather examine the issues and think for myself.

Enjoy your delusions if they give you comfort. The ongoing vapors regarding The Quagmire in Iraq, as frequently portrayed in the media outlets I menttioned, prove I am correct.

Bush has a 60%+ approval rating - which means many people who did not vote for him support the job he is doing.

Time and CNN are the same corporation, AOL/Time Warner. But thanks for leaving out fox WW, really appreciate that.

Would like to introduce, THE BIG TEN! , or this version, TOP SIX!

And! the ever shrinking number

media-ownership-titled.gif

So, the liberal media has concentrated media control, and your point is?

You don't understand the media enough to realize that its not liberal.

jonsie - I'll match my understanding of the media against yours any day.

The outlets I cited display a consistent liberal bias in reporting and editorials.

Notice that graph, it started in early 80s. This is because of a certain law that Reagan repealed early in his term, it wouldn't allow corporations to branch out into any industry they felt like. I guess there was enough pressure on him to not notice the importance of it. Psycho blues, you may know of it. I can't think of the name of it right now...

There are oft repeated key words and phrases, jones, that the corporate entities and ideologues use to indoctrinate us. Some get it while others seem surprised after suffering through the aftermath. Just ask the innocents in Irag. Most had no idea!!!!!!!

on edit: Your question was while I was answering the other, jones. Reagan repealed the "Fairness Doctrine". Unfair? I guess it depends on your perspective? OJ is innocent or quilty depending on perspective also. We're all ham sandwiches. Do you dig it?

jonsie,

We have a larger variety of information sources now than ever in the history of humanity. The marketshare for the major networks and magazines continues to shrink, despite ownership consolidation. In fact, the shrinking share is a major factor in the consolidation.

Given the internet and plethora of cable and radio alternatives, we are free to seek information in an unprecedented way.

My brother, a true Patriot and a Veteran just died the other day, wwench. He only had network TV sometimes and never the cable channels or the internet. His perspective was quite different than yours. He, like me, wondered when the truth might emerge, and I do have cable and internet!!!!!! Go figure? The "liberal media" somehow escaped his attention as it does mine.

here it is, The Sherman Anti-Trust Act of 1890 http://www.ourdocuments.gov/doc.php?flash=false&doc=51

Understand that this is gone now, it was to prevent monopolies, as of the 80s, this form of monopoly is legal.

WW, The majority of americans dont seek out other news sources like you and I. Most only watch/trust tv news.

Blues, I completely understand your point of view. It was complete menipulation of the public.
Im sorry about your brother, Im sure they never told him of the dangers of depleted uranium, or that when he got back, he would be fighting for his VA benifits. :(

You need to include the Taft-Hartley Act as well, jones. I guess the Fairness Doctrine is just a memory and possibly well deserved one considering the response in this venue. Don't you think?

Holy crap, jones, we just keep typing on top of one another!!!!

My brother's prob was Agent Orange. He knew it was a bummer in 1969 and '70 because it destroyed his rain parka that he was instructed to cover himself with when they were being covered with it. It happened almost daily at Pleiku. The DU, depleted uranium thing was a Gulf War dilemma. Even now I posess a 30mm shell casing that was awarded to me by the A-10 fighter squadron commander at King Fahd AirBase outside DhaRhan SA. It is a DU round and I continue to be afraid of it. But the VA is elusive. I've been advised to keep it as other veterans tell me that it may be the only proof that I have of my exposure to DU. What a country!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Topics

Forum List

Back