This TSA Pilot's Holster Is A Killer

Capitalist

Jeffersonian Liberal
May 22, 2010
When this mishap comes about, our rulers will have a perfect excuse to forbid pilots from carrying defensive weapons.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV-wZt_IcLE&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

In the Army, there were a billion rules for carrying loaded weapons, to include putting an empty magazine instead of a loaded one, all in the name of safety. And this was in combat zones!

I violated every single one except one: I always had my weapon on "safe" whenever I was in garrison, but I violated the rules by taking it off of "safe" when I left the compound.

I wasn't the only one who practiced this. Of course, I ran into nothing but hassles, including an ass-chewing by a full bull, whenever I went with conventional Army units, so I avoided convoying with them as much as possible.

My point is that I'm certain that it's the same with the flight deck officers, or at least those who were former law enforcement or military combat veterans.

Rules are like challenges, or dares really, in situations like this.

In the Army, there were a billion rules for carrying loaded weapons, to include putting an empty magazine instead of a loaded one, all in the name of safety. And this was in combat zones!

I violated every single one except one: I always had my weapon on "safe" whenever I was in garrison, but I violated the rules by taking it off of "safe" when I left the compound.

I wasn't the only one who practiced this. Of course, I ran into nothing but hassles, including an ass-chewing by a full bull, whenever I went with conventional Army units, so I avoided convoying with them as much as possible.

My point is that I'm certain that it's the same with the flight deck officers, or at least those who were former law enforcement or military combat veterans.

Rules for M9 carry in the Air Force, whether deployed or in garrison, is magazine in, round chambered, safety off.

An unloaded weapon is a club. And a pistol makes a crappy club.

Rules for M9 carry in the Air Force, whether deployed or in garrison, is magazine in, round chambered, safety off.

Air Force gets a bad rap from the Army and Marines (me included). But you're absolutely right about the common sense approach towards potential hostile situations. One of the things I admired about working with the Air Force (among other things).

In the Army, if one troop shits in his pants, the whole division has to wear diapers.

I prefer the rule that rules were made to be broken.

Air Force gets a bad rap from the Army and Marines (me included). But you're absolutely right about the common sense approach towards potential hostile situations. One of the things I admired about working with the Air Force (among other things).

In 1994, at Fairchild AFB in Washington, a shooter with an AK-47 was shot and killed by a Security Policeman from 70 yards...while the shooter was firing back. And he was using a pistol he hadn't sighted in.
In the Army, if one troop shits in his pants, the whole division has to wear diapers.
There's some of that in the AF, too.

Forum List

Back