This trigger happy Cop carries 145 rounds of Ammunition

It's better to have ammo and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

#TheLargerIssue #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

Hello. Keeping it REAL...can we examine the Larger Issue!

In all seriousness, what is your opinion of the mostly single American teen and adult MOTHERS who are irresponsibly raising, nurturing and socializing perfectly healthy American newborns, maturing into apparent depressed, frustrated, angry, emotionally ill, sometimes violent SUIC!DAL, HOMIC!DAL, DOMESTIC AMERICAN TERRORISTS (*May 18, 2015 - Rise in Suic!de by Black Children Surprises Researchers - The New York Times*) causing COMMUNITY VIOLENCE, COMMUNITY FEAR, TERRORIZING, gunning down, killing American Babies and Elders, as well as impugning the image of our peaceful, responsible black or American friends, neighbors and co-workers of African descent?

I am referring to a significant population of apparent emotionally damaged teen and adult fellow American citizens, WHO THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN, experienced a traumatic, potentially life scarring childhood upbringing at the hands of a significant population of SELFISH, immature, apathetic, emotionally or mentally ill mostly single mothers failing to recognize that placing ABOVE ALL ELSE the emotional well being of our Nation's most precious assets, will most likely result with a fairly or wonderfully happy child maturing into a reasonably responsible teen and adult citizen embracing compassion, empathy and respect for their peaceful, as well as less fortune neighbors.

POVERTY toya graham .jpg
T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E_Michael_Singleton.jpg
Peace.
_____
American *(Children's)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; End Our National Health Crisis; Child Abuse and Neglect; End Community Violence/Fear, Police Anxiety & Educator's Frustrations

Does any policeman really need to carry this much ammo?? ... :dunno:

(4 minute video)

If you get involved in a fire fight you better carry extra ammo. My Department only gave us a 12 ga shotgun with eight rounds, The pistol only 20 rounds. There fore I carried two boxes of ammo for the pistol and 100 rounds of 44 mag ammo for a Marlin level action rifle. But I just hoped I could withdraw and call for help. Backup was only 33 mins away.

I liked the out of touch Doctor's comment at the end of the video. ... :cool:

Doctors, like the rest of us, operate on averages. The chance that someone could stay in the fight with five lethal shots is extremely small. So the Doctor, going with his knowledge and experience, believed it to be overkill. But is he any different than the cop?

The cop went with a .45 believing it to be the best round with great one stop shot numbers. He believed that one or two bullets from the venerable .45 would stop the baddie. And 999 time out of a thousand he would be right. So would the Doctor. Myths die hard. And the mythical reputation of the .45 is legendary.

Now sadly the cop is learning the wrong lesson. A common error made by many, not just cops. Instead of recognizing it as one in a thousand, the cop has gone and prepared for massive overkill if he ever finds himself in a shooting situation again.

As I said, a one in a thousand situation. Not something to base your life on, more like something to be aware of.

depends on the weapon-/bad guys' weapons
----if the bad guy has that many/more rounds--chances are he has a rifle or 2---so you better have a rifle
for your everyday jackass, you don't need that many

Hard to believe that criminal was taking hits from a .45 slug and still standing.

He must have been amped up on some really strong drugs. ... :cool:

Again. The mythical power of a .45 just isn’t backed up by the numbers. In the video I posted above, it broke down the numbers from actual shooting incidents. The .45 was within a percentage point or two of the 9MM the cop is now using.

There were a lot of assumptions involved that day. Assumptions that are not backed up by real world events. Yet the myth lives on.

Hard to believe that criminal was taking hits from a .45 slug and still standing.

Again. The mythical power of a .45 just isn’t backed up by the numbers. In the video I posted above, it broke down the numbers from actual shooting incidents. The .45 was within a percentage point or two of the 9MM the cop is now using.

There were a lot of assumptions involved that day. Assumptions that are not backed up by real world events. Yet the myth lives on.

The thing about a .45 is that it's a slow round, distributes more of its force to the target, and is less likely to pass through.

14 hits with .45? He must have been shooting flatnose paper punchers. Hydra-Shoks would have ripped the guy's guts to shreds.

Does any policeman really need to carry this much ammo?? ... :dunno:

(4 minute video)

The guy had to have been hopped up on crack or something. He didn't feel pain. I've never heard of anyone taking so many 45's in vital areas and still standing. Put him with the lady pumping gas up her ass.

Pain won't necessarily put someone down. A precipitous drop in blood pressure will.

The thing about a .45 is that it's a slow round, distributes more of its force to the target, and is less likely to pass through.

14 hits with .45? He must have been shooting flatnose paper punchers. Hydra-Shoks would have ripped the guy's guts to shreds.

Apparently the myths die hard with you my friend. That is the myth of “knockdown” power. It claims that if you are hit with a .45 you are knocked down. The truth is it doesn’t happen. Newton’s third law of Motion states that every action must have an opposite and equal reaction.

What that means is if the bullet had so much kinetic energy as it would knock someone down and back when they were hit, firing it would cause you to get knocked down and fall back.

Firing the .45 would look like this.

Statistically based on actual performance the .45 is essentially the same as a 9MM. Again. Actual performance.

Next. There are four ways to die from a gunshot. 1) vital organ. Head or heart. The bullet ends operation of this organ. 2) exsanguination. You bleed to death. 3) Suffocation. Your lungs fill up with a fluid, like blood. 4) Happenstance. The oddities. A bone chip flowing with blood and causing a Stroke. Or infection, or Lead Poisoning. You can’t really plan for those.

The baddie was reportedly hit in the heart. He was dying. Just not fast enough.

While this was a one in a thousand incident. And it is hard to draw the right lesson from an oddity, one thing we can do is dispel the myths surrounding a lot of things.

Cops are trained to 'shoot to stop'. Whatever behavior they need to stop, you shoot until it stops. We're trained to shoot center mass because it's the area you're least likely to miss. Any miss can hit a potential bystander and 9mm rounds are potentially lethal up to 1km away.

Our order of fire is shoot, assess, shoot assess.. repeat until the behavior stops and go to another option (baton, spray, or cuffs).

I often chuckle to myself when I hear someone say ... "Why can't the cops just shoot them in the hand, or leg (like Tom Mix). They don't understand ballistics or anatomy.

I carry 3 mags (one loaded and two spares) for a total load of 45 rounds (.40 cal). Total weight 24 oz or 1.5 pounds of ammo and mag, roughly.

Guessing he's carrying three times that, for a total weight of 4.5 pounds. Plus shooter, plus, cuffs, plus spray (a Mk9 can weigh another pound), plus radio, flashlight, BWC, CED, and any tactical items he might like to carry. Add another 15 pounds or so for a ballistic vest.

It's not going to be a firefight that takes him off the line, it will be back trouble.

Apparently the myths die hard with you my friend. That is the myth of “knockdown” power.

Who said anything about "knockdown power"? I'm talking organ destruction.

Apparently the myths die hard with you my friend. That is the myth of “knockdown” power.

Who said anything about "knockdown power"? I'm talking organ destruction.

You're not going to knock anyone to the ground with a .40 cal 165 grain bullet. But, the pain, trauma, and subsequent blood loss may cause them to reevaluate their current course of action.

Something that has stuck with me is when an instructor told me about hitting someone with a baton. You don't repeatedly hit them. You hit them once, hard, then let them enjoy it.

It takes pain time to travel from the impact sight to the brain and still a bit longer for the brain to separate it out from all the other impulses it's processing at the moment. But, it won't take long before the pain, if sufficient, takes precedent over all other priorities.

Forum List

Back