This thrills me no end.

Ever have one sitting behind you on a plane, bumping your seat? One time there was this little bastard sitting on his mom's lap behind me while the plane was taxiing, doing a rapid pile driver stomp routine on my seat back! I called the flight attendant and told her to move them - I couldn't take that for 1 minute, much less five hours! :(

Ever have one sitting behind you on a plane, bumping your seat? One time there was this little bastard sitting on his mom's lap behind me while the plane was taxiing, doing a rapid pile driver stomp routine on my seat back! I called the flight attendant and told her to move them - I couldn't take that for 1 minute, much less five hours! :(

One kept hitting me on the head with an alligator on a stick.
I kindly asked the mother to have the kid quit, she just glared at me. I grabbed the gator stick broke it in half and gave it back to the kid.

The mother then raised a big fuss, and in her anger validated what had happened. I asked the flight attendent if she would witness my assault charge against the mother when we landed.
She said yes and the mother just shut up.

One kept hitting me on the head with an alligator on a stick.
I kindly asked the mother to have the kid quit, she just glared at me. I grabbed the gator stick broke it in half and gave it back to the kid.

The mother then raised a big fuss, and in her anger validated what had happened. I asked the flight attendent if she would witness my assault charge against the mother when we landed.
She said yes and the mother just shut up.

HA HA HA!!! :D How about this one: I'm in the supermarket checkout line. Woman ahead of me with what looks like an autistic seven year old, who's humming to himself while running his chocolate-gooed hands over my groceries. I tell the mom "can you please handle your kid?" Naturally, she gives that clueless parent grimace.

What a bunch of cranky old farts some of you sound like.

Kids make noise.

Get over it.

Kids make noise.

Get over it.

And we just have to put up with unruly brats?

Sorry but any no kids allowed establishment will get my business before some place packed with screaming brats.

Kids make noise.

Get over it.

Sorry but any no kids allowed establishment will get my business before some place packed with screaming brats.

That's a sensible approach to the problem.

What's NOT sensible is imagining that kids that make noise are bad.

Kids are supposed to make noise.

Kids make noise.

Get over it.

Not in a restaurant Or a movie theater or .......

I'm definitely in favor of the first class ban by airlines. Sounds bad to some but heck you pay a hell of a premium for first class these days for certain amenities, but loud and/or unruly babies/toddlers/kids instantly negate them.

I'm in favor of the airlines exercising this on a case by case basis. My kids have flown first class several times, because I have a lot of frequent flier miles. They view it as a treat and a privilege, and exercise appropriate behavior.

It's a shame that those of us who've taken our responsibilities to socialize our offspring properly have to put up with new rules because some people don't.

Actually, a sensible approach actually puts the onus and the responsibility on the parents to control their children's behavior, and ejects them from the restaurant if they fail to do so. If you have small children, and they make noise (babies, for instance, do), then you have an obligation to select restaurants with a child-friendly (aka: noisy) atmosphere where your children will not disturb other patrons, versus an upscale restaurant with an adult atmosphere.

If you have a baby, I understand your child making noise, because a 9 month old can't be silenced very easily. If you have a 5 year old who runs around the restaurant in circles and screams at the table, you should be ejected from the restaurant. And, if your little darling throws a grand mal temper tantrum on a plane, if there is space available on the plane, you and your offspring should be moved to the back of the plane, away from other passengers.

My children learned, AS TODDLERS, to sit at a table while eating, to keep their voices down in restaurants, and to behave like civilized human beings and not little monkeys. As a result, they've been able to enjoy eating at some very fine restaurants around the U.S., and I've always received compliments on how well-behaved they are, and how much they enjoy trying new things.

My kids started flying when they were infants, and by the time they were toddlers, they were extremely well-behaved on flights. No one enjoys children acting like little monkeys in public places, and no, the rest of us shouldn't have to tolerate it because people lack the will to control their offspring.

Last edited:

Not in a restaurant Or a movie theater or .......

We're on the same page, Cru.

My post was directed to those who imagine that kids are meant to be seen and not heard.

Obviously there are times and places where children getting loud and rambunctious ought NOT to be tolerated.

I have had this happen in a movie theater.
From that point on, I arrive early at the theater, and I take a seat at the very top row, where there are no seats behind me.....solved that one teensy problem.

Forum List

Back