This Stinks

Im looking at guns. I want one. BUT...after checking all over california, ya gotta jump thru so many hoops, its ridiculous! Being a criminal is easier to get a gun than a "law abiding" citizen.
Gotta take a frigging test after studying a stupid book they loan ya, gotta prove you can handle a firearm, gotta load and unload just so or fergit it, gotta find a place that doesnt charge ya an extra 100 bucks to register it, gotta pay 25 bucks for a background check, gotta wait 10 days and even then TPTB may deny ya, gotta get an affidavit you have a California Approved lock box, and ya hafta have a safetly lock before you can fetch it out of the shop IF you are approved.

WTF???? No wonder I hate California. Is it like that in other states or are we the only ones that stink?
If that's for a simple possession permit rather than a CCW permit then California is worse than New Jersey, which is very repressive on gun possession (even a bb-gun is considered a firearm).

But I must say I approve of the knowledge and handling tests. Because a firearm, especially an automatic pistol, in unfamiliar hands is a menace.

I know how to fire guns and I know how to do it safely. Its the FEES. By the time ya buy a 300 buck gun (IF you can find one that cheap), it winds up costing ya 700.

Im looking at guns. I want one. BUT...after checking all over california, ya gotta jump thru so many hoops, its ridiculous! Being a criminal is easier to get a gun than a "law abiding" citizen.
Gotta take a frigging test after studying a stupid book they loan ya, gotta prove you can handle a firearm, gotta load and unload just so or fergit it, gotta find a place that doesnt charge ya an extra 100 bucks to register it, gotta pay 25 bucks for a background check, gotta wait 10 days and even then TPTB may deny ya, gotta get an affidavit you have a California Approved lock box, and ya hafta have a safetly lock before you can fetch it out of the shop IF you are approved.

WTF???? No wonder I hate California. Is it like that in other states or are we the only ones that stink?

Drive to navada.

Hmm. 8 hour drive. Ill have to check their requirements. If its easier there than here...may as well do that. And play in Lake tahoe while Im at it.

If that's for a simple possession permit rather than a CCW permit then California is worse than New Jersey, which is very repressive on gun possession (even a bb-gun is considered a firearm).

But I must say I approve of the knowledge and handling tests. Because a firearm, especially an automatic pistol, in unfamiliar hands is a menace.

I know how to fire guns and I know how to do it safely. Its the FEES. By the time ya buy a 300 buck gun (IF you can find one that cheap), it winds up costing ya 700.

It would probably be cheaper to negotiate with a bad guy. He would probably leave you alone for a lot less than $700...:lol: :lol:

Already thought of that. But I dont know any bad guys any more. Now, if I lived in LA, I could probably get one really cheap. Illegally. But since I'm a law abiding citizen, that would not be the abiding thing to do, would it? :tongue:

(But I sure wish I knew some bad guys).

In Va, I buy my firearm, pay the added (general) state tax, go through the instant check then leave the store with my purchase. If I order one online I pay the VA tax, shipping and the $35 FFL transfer fee after the dealer does the instant background check.
If I have the money and I want a fully transferable class three weapon I pay the one time federal tax stamp and make sure I have a BATF approved safe to store it in.
Now here's the part the anti-gun people don't like, I can buy a firearm from a private individual in my state, pay him/her their asking price and go home with it or I can sell mine the same way. Why? Because like anything else I own it's mine and can dispose of it as I see fit.
Now, if it's discovered I'm selling these guns to known criminals or nut jobs, and I know they're criminals or nut jobs then my ass is in a sling.

To add to the Virginia comment, I buy my firearms on military bases and have to pay no sales tax. I have a concealed carry permit and can buy an unlimited number of guns. Virginia is for lovers-of guns.

Forum List

Back