This Stinks

Grace

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
Im looking at guns. I want one. BUT...after checking all over california, ya gotta jump thru so many hoops, its ridiculous! Being a criminal is easier to get a gun than a "law abiding" citizen.
Gotta take a frigging test after studying a stupid book they loan ya, gotta prove you can handle a firearm, gotta load and unload just so or fergit it, gotta find a place that doesnt charge ya an extra 100 bucks to register it, gotta pay 25 bucks for a background check, gotta wait 10 days and even then TPTB may deny ya, gotta get an affidavit you have a California Approved lock box, and ya hafta have a safetly lock before you can fetch it out of the shop IF you are approved.

WTF???? No wonder I hate California. Is it like that in other states or are we the only ones that stink?

Im looking at guns. I want one. BUT...after checking all over california, ya gotta jump thru so many hoops, its ridiculous! Being a criminal is easier to get a gun than a "law abiding" citizen.
Gotta take a frigging test after studying a stupid book they loan ya, gotta prove you can handle a firearm, gotta load and unload just so or fergit it, gotta find a place that doesnt charge ya an extra 100 bucks to register it, gotta pay 25 bucks for a background check, gotta wait 10 days and even then TPTB may deny ya, gotta get an affidavit you have a California Approved lock box, and ya hafta have a safetly lock before you can fetch it out of the shop IF you are approved.

WTF???? No wonder I hate California. Is it like that in other states or are we the only ones that stink?

Go to a gun show/swap meet.

• Banned
In california, Id still have to go thru the bullshit.

we have laws in nc as well...3 day waiting period .....you have to take classes for a concealed permit....
but we do love our concealed weapons....

Just another reason why you should not live in California - The land of idiots and queers.

if it keeps someone who's nuts or who's a spouse abuser or has a criminal record from getting a gun, i'm ok with it.

what's the problem with a background check?

you have to jump through more hoops for a drivers' license. *shrug*

It doesn't.

Did you read the the post?

Bullshit

if it keeps someone who's nuts or who's a spouse abuser or has a criminal record from getting a gun, i'm ok with it.

That's what the federal background check does and in most states it's free. The rest of the shit CA piles on top is completely unnecessary bull shit that is simply politically motivated ant-gum measures as FBI studies have shown over and over those extra steps do absolutely nothing to lower the crime/murder rate and in fact prevent honest law abiding citizens the means to properly defend themselves against criminals.

That's what the federal background check does and in most states it's free. The rest of the shit CA piles on top is completely unnecessary bull shit that is simply politically motivated ant-gum measures as FBI studies have shown over and over those extra steps do absolutely nothing to lower the crime/murder rate and in fact prevent honest law abiding citizens the means to properly defend themselves against criminals.

in ny, the background check is included in the price of the license. but a target premise premit is somewhere between $400 and $500.

in ny, the background check is included in the price of the license. but a target premise premit is somewhere between $400 and $500.

I'm considering that right now.... and it's $340 for the application fee, and

$94.25 for fingerprinting.

And a year wait!

But, when the police are minutes away....

If that's for a simple possession permit rather than a CCW permit then California is worse than New Jersey, which is very repressive on gun possession (even a bb-gun is considered a firearm).

But I must say I approve of the knowledge and handling tests. Because a firearm, especially an automatic pistol, in unfamiliar hands is a menace.

I blame the hysterical overreaction to the 101 California shooting in the early 90s. A nut job shot people at a law firm. And the politicians decided the appropriate response was to make it more difficult for law abiding non-insane people to acquire guns.

How about a flame thrower?
m-portable-flame-thrower.jpg

Drive to navada.

Pretty bad. But no one seemed to notice I accidentally typed ant-gum instead of anti-gun? :lol:

No problem. Its the fees on top of fees on top of fees thats killin' me. Pun not intended.

Forum List

Back