This Stinks: Nev. Bill Would Ban Air Fresheners, Candles

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
A group of legislators in Nevada are proposing a bill that would ban air fresheners and candles in public places because, they say, the fragrances can annoy some. But Critics say the bill would lead to stinky rooms and prohibit priests from using candles in Mass.

Las Vegas Democratic Assemblyman Paul Aizley on Monday presented the proposed legislation, which would set restrictions on pesticides, fragrances and candles to accommodate people with chemical sensitivities.

The bill, AB 234, specifically “prohibits the use of an ozone generator, any volatile organic compound, any candle or any air additive, including an air fragrance, air freshener or potpourri, in any area of a place of public accommodation which is open to the public

This Stinks: Nev. Bill Would Ban Air Fresheners, Candles | The Blaze

I work in a a building where deodorizers are as necessary as light. What say you?

methinks a protest is in order

what say we all hide those air fresheners up our a*s, and let homeland security figure it out?

everyone wins!

well, they've been hammering the public side forever>

lysol.gif

A group of legislators in Nevada are proposing a bill that would ban air fresheners and candles in public places because, they say, the fragrances can annoy some. But Critics say the bill would lead to stinky rooms and prohibit priests from using candles in Mass.

Las Vegas Democratic Assemblyman Paul Aizley on Monday presented the proposed legislation, which would set restrictions on pesticides, fragrances and candles to accommodate people with chemical sensitivities.

The bill, AB 234, specifically “prohibits the use of an ozone generator, any volatile organic compound, any candle or any air additive, including an air fragrance, air freshener or potpourri, in any area of a place of public accommodation which is open to the public

This Stinks: Nev. Bill Would Ban Air Fresheners, Candles | The Blaze

I work in a a building where deodorizers are as necessary as light. What say you?

How does one define a public place, according to this bill? If it is only governmental public places, then there probably wont be an issue. If they try for places like stores and resturants then they may run into problems. Bed Bath and Beyond, for example would not be able to function in Nevada. On the church front, the law would fail a first amendment test the second it hit a court.

It looks like it would cover all of the above. I've never met anyone with a chemical sensitivity. I don't imagine its that prevalent. What is far more prevalent are stinky people. How about a ban on them?

Forum List

Back