This Small Town in Minnesota Is Giving Away Free Land

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
I cannot take advantage of this offer but maybe someone here can.
Here’s how the program works: If you commit to building a home in the city’s Homestake subdivision and meet certain requirements, you can get a free, 86′ x 133′ plot of land (about a quarter of an acre) to build it on. So far, seven of the original 27 lots now have homes on them. The program began in 2004, and though it slowed during the housing crisis, things are picking up again.

New Richland, Minn. Is Giving Away Free Land.

Last edited:
its-a-trap-gif-8.gif

An eighth acre of farm land worth about $500. They will get that back when you use their builder.

One must look at the demographics of the area. If one needs to earn a living is it possible there living in town?

One must look at the demographics of the area. If one needs to earn a living is it possible there living in town?

Owatonna, Fairibault and Mankato are all within commuting distance so yes, I'd have to say it's entirely possible to make a living even if you're not doing it right in town.

Ooops, forgot about Waseca, also not very far away.
Yup, sounds like a very good deal as long as they don't place too many restrictions on the KIND of home you want to build. But that remains to be seen.
Does anyone have more info on how that works?
Do you HAVE to use "their builders?"

Sorry........kinda stuck where I'm out..........these weird creatures keep us from leaving.

72fea4596db2f6162d0f2f8f43c294479ef69e3cf6a969938caa8205e235ad61.jpg

I cannot take advantage of this offer but maybe someone here can.
Here’s how the program works: If you commit to building a home in the city’s Homestake subdivision and meet certain requirements, you can get a free, 86′ x 133′ plot of land (about a quarter of an acre) to build it on. So far, seven of the original 27 lots now have homes on them. The program began in 2004, and though it slowed during the housing crisis, things are picking up again.

New Richland, Minn. Is Giving Away Free Land.
my niece lives there a nice little town on the grow

The neighbors are going to most likely be progressives, so fuck that

Forum List

Back