This site is not easy to navigate plus I feel overwhelmed by guidelines

Trump, or Hillary?

What do you want me to say?
:rofl::rofl:

great retort!

welcome aboard!

I usually just hit the new posts tab or active topics tab above and scroll down to see the titles of the threads and pick one that seems interesting, rinse and repeat.

And it was 2 years before I ever read the rules and regs on this board...if you are a decent poster, not a troll, and want to debate the issues, you don't really need to read the rules or be overwhelmed by them!
I got a post removed from my own thread in the CDZ shortly after I started. It's happened twice, actually, when I let a rude poster get the better of my temper. That was my bad, but it WOULD be helpful if the menu was organized by Zone rather than topic. There aren't really that many in Zone 2, are there? The rules are pretty fuzzy.

Trump, or Hillary?

great retort!

welcome aboard!

I usually just hit the new posts tab or active topics tab above and scroll down to see the titles of the threads and pick one that seems interesting, rinse and repeat.

And it was 2 years before I ever read the rules and regs on this board...if you are a decent poster, not a troll, and want to debate the issues, you don't really need to read the rules or be overwhelmed by them!
I got a post removed from my own thread in the CDZ shortly after I started. It's happened twice, actually, when I let a rude poster get the better of my temper. That was my bad, but it WOULD be helpful if the menu was organized by Zone rather than topic. There aren't really that many in Zone 2, are there? The rules are pretty fuzzy.
I have not read the rules on the Zones nor do I know which forums are in what when that all came about.... Honestly, I just know nothing about them, they are a new thing since when I was a Mod here and I suppose I just know that I will not make a single post, no matter the zone, that would break any rules... I'm a Goodie Two Shoes, when it comes to that, and I believe the time I was a Mod, just ingrained the rights and wrongs of this Board in my posting style even years after I stopped being one.

Trump, or Hillary?

great retort!

welcome aboard!

I have not read the rules on the Zones nor do I know which forums are in what when that all came about.... Honestly, I just know nothing about them, they are a new thing since when I was a Mod here and I suppose I just know that I will not make a single post, no matter the zone, that would break any rules... I'm a Goodie Two Shoes, when it comes to that, and I believe the time I was a Mod, just ingrained the rights and wrongs of this Board in my posting style even years after I stopped being one.
That explains your commendable self-possession; I have always admired it. Can't do it yet.

I know everything is titled but I am used to a smaller message board that didn't have all these forums, subforums, zones and what have you. The buttons to press and all these member rankings and features have me confused. I know creating a lot of forums for people to discuss things is practical but keeping it simple wouldn't hurt.

Plus, I didn't realize how much work it takes to be respectful or cautious of the guidelines on here. I immediately broke a rule when I first posted on here by accident.

Don't worry about it. There are lots of posters here who simply ignore the rules. The moderators are very good about it.

Two easy ways to find out what's going on.

Top of the page, look for NEW POSTS. Everything since the last time you were on. And, when you post or respond to posts, WATCHED THREADS will show you the latest.

IMHO, this is probably the easiest to get around on of all the forums I visit.

Oh yeah - welcome. :)

I know everything is titled but I am used to a smaller message board that didn't have all these forums, subforums, zones and what have you. The buttons to press and all these member rankings and features have me confused. I know creating a lot of forums for people to discuss things is practical but keeping it simple wouldn't hurt.

Plus, I didn't realize how much work it takes to be respectful or cautious of the guidelines on here. I immediately broke a rule when I first posted on here by accident.
There are guidelines? :D

Trump, or Hillary?

great retort!

welcome aboard!

There were a couple trolls at the other message board I was at. They accused me of trolling so I tried an attitude adjustment for them but they kept insisting that I used ad hominem or whatever personal attacks they said I used. I was accused of racism by a user named FreeBorn Angel because I said Mexicans' opinions don't matter in the US. No one but Truthismymiddlename would defend me. So here I am. Looking for a new start.
Well if you are a "rwnj" you will experience the same treatment here.

Trump, or Hillary?

great retort!

welcome aboard!

There were a couple trolls at the other message board I was at. They accused me of trolling so I tried an attitude adjustment for them but they kept insisting that I used ad hominem or whatever personal attacks they said I used. I was accused of racism by a user named FreeBorn Angel because I said Mexicans' opinions don't matter in the US. No one but Truthismymiddlename would defend me. So here I am. Looking for a new start.

What's an rwnj?

Trump, or Hillary?

great retort!

welcome aboard!

What's an rwnj?
Anyone who disagrees with the left here is viciously called a right wing nut job.

right wing nut job

I'm not a nut job. Half the time I tend to lean libertarian even though I'm a conservative. Someone on the other message board I was on, named Yawn, claimed to have come up with the words Godvernment and Conservatarian. I don't know what to make of him other than he doesn't like Trump as a candidate but is voting for him and he blames us conservatives for not nominating Cruz.

Just pick one or two forums and also use the Active Topics button in the bar towards the top. Forget about rankings and all that other stuff. I look at anything that is complicated like building the great pyramids. It took time and they place one block at a time. Set a foundation, set the first stone, and it gets easy after that. Before you know it you've built something that lasts 4,500 years.

Forum List

Back