This Site Has Been Compromised!

Who wants to be secure?

Live dangerously.

You mean in the middle of all the keyboard ninjas? Gasp!

Why not?

The thrill!

ninja1.jpg

I use multiple devices to bring enriching, and thought provoking content to this discussion board. Today while using the IPhone to make a post... I was logged out.
Upon, trying to log back in; two things happened. The first was that a new page had opened itself telling me I had won some shit. (This has been an ongoing problem with this site, specifically with IPhone users).
Secondly, and most importantly; when I tried to enter my information to log back in... My phone alerted me in large red letters "site not secure". No way in he'll I'm logging back in from that device. Probably someone waiting to grab usernames and passwords, so they can make bankable posts from their account.
So if for some reason any of my other devices log me out... The board is going to be deprived of my valuable contributions until some serious fixes have taken place.
I apologize to my readers for the inconvenience, and leave you with this warning..."Of the site logs you out involuntarily, think twice before entering your password to log back in. Something is up.

PS to the mods
If posters start making wild, and bannable posts, you should consider the content of this thread before making any hasty decisions....

I never noticed before, but this site is not secured.
The site owner should consider moving to a secured HTTPS link, as quickly as possible.

When I was running a podcast, I moved my site to a secured link. It solved all my problems with people hijacking the connection.

I use multiple devices to bring enriching, and thought provoking content to this discussion board. Today while using the IPhone to make a post... I was logged out.
Upon, trying to log back in; two things happened. The first was that a new page had opened itself telling me I had won some shit. (This has been an ongoing problem with this site, specifically with IPhone users).
Secondly, and most importantly; when I tried to enter my information to log back in... My phone alerted me in large red letters "site not secure". No way in he'll I'm logging back in from that device. Probably someone waiting to grab usernames and passwords, so they can make bankable posts from their account.
So if for some reason any of my other devices log me out... The board is going to be deprived of my valuable contributions until some serious fixes have taken place.
I apologize to my readers for the inconvenience, and leave you with this warning..."Of the site logs you out involuntarily, think twice before entering your password to log back in. Something is up.

PS to the mods
If posters start making wild, and bannable posts, you should consider the content of this thread before making any hasty decisions....

It sounds more like an issue with your phone or whatever app you use to access USMB on your Iphone. Do you have any security and vpn protecction? If not, you should.

PS to the mods

You realize that when you use a computer the screen says not secure in the upper left right?
I never access this site with my computer...

Android phone? Turn off java, your problem will go away.

PS to the mods

You realize that when you use a computer the screen says not secure in the upper left right?
I never access this site with my computer...

Last edited:
Vastator, be sure to clear your cache, as well. It can be annoying as some other sites use java, but when I had android, I would just switch it on and off, when here.

..... My phone alerted me in large red letters "site not secure". No way in he'll I'm logging back in from that device. .

When you consider that NSA is collecting everything, technically
"security" is something we can't avoid. So unless you're a fugitive, or worried about hackers
draining your bank account or you're on a terrorist watchlist you probably
shouldn't be worried.

..... My phone alerted me in large red letters "site not secure". No way in he'll I'm logging back in from that device. .

When you consider that NSA is collecting everything, technically
"security" is something we can't avoid. So unless you're a fugitive, or worried about hackers
draining your bank account or you're on a terrorist watchlist you probably
shouldn't be worried.
Who shouldn’t be worried about hackers?

PS to the mods
Give me your login info and I’ll see if I can fix it
That is a generous offer, and I thank you for it. But for now I think this issue needs resolving at the Admin level. But again... Thank you! And that thanks goes to all my readers, on behalf of your offers of support, and your continued readership through the years. I couldn't do it without "YOU"!
We'll get this back on track; we just need to be patient.

Sorry for a delay. I just saw this never got an answer. We've helped other members with similar "full page ads" on login before. As I remember, this is because wireless providers have just discovered how to cash in on ad revenues. Wireless providers are now adding that content.

You need to find a forum for your wireless provider and see if you can verify that others have "random ad issues" on accessing sites..

As far as the "site not secure" messages -- there's a war on between security certificate providers. Some browsers will flag sites that use alternate certificates. It's kinda an extortion racket.

Take away is --- there is NOTHING PERSONAL to steal here besides your log-in password. And that's easy to detect if someone "hacks" it. Just make sure the password you use for USMB IS UNIQUE and aint the same as the one you use for your "hidden bank" in the Seychelles... :biggrin:

The Seychelles. lol.

So that's where your secret stash is at huh... LOL..

Forum List

Back