This shows where the liberal media's prioities are

fuzzykitten99

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2004
You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
The MSN homepage has the beheadding story listed SECOND, after the never-ending story of the prison photos.

They just can't get over the pictures where NO ONE was hurt, just embarrassed. These guys in the prison were not there for traffic violations. I think that the photos are an old story, and the fact that they were published on national TV is why Nick Berg was murdered. These photos endangered another human life, who had nothing to do with the actual war.

While what happened at the prison should not have happened, and those involved should be punished, the photos being shown is totally undermining our cause and it now has killed an civilian who was in Iraq just to help set up communications, but couldn't get a contract.

Every time I watch any news, they can't get through a whole newscast without talking about the photos. This whole incident happened over 6 months ago, and the photos are JUST NOW being shown? This sounds WAY too suspicous because of the timing.

Now the liberals are using the photos to PROMOTE their cause... they are saying "If you vote John Kerry, this won't happen" as if Bush TOLD these soldiers to do all this. This message in itself shows how despirate the Kerry groups are.

www.msn.com

Originally posted by fuzzykitten99
They just can't get over the pictures where NO ONE was hurt, just embarrassed. These guys in the prison were not there for traffic violations.
The reason we are holding them is irrelevant. We treat prisoners humanely, we are above that type of behavior, and to attempt to justify this behavior by our military is, in my opinion, a feeble attempt at self-preservation.
While what happened at the prison should not have happened, and those involved should be punished, the photos being shown is totally undermining our cause and it now has killed an civilian who was in Iraq just to help set up communications, but couldn't get a contract.
Uh huh.... the news media showing these photos did not kill a civilian. Terrorists killed a civilian. Their motives for doing so can be debated, but to blame the news media for giving them motive, I think, is ridiculous. They did this for many reasons: they hate us, the soldiers infuriated them, they are ignorant heatherns who know nothing but violence, or others? you pick one. The news media did not make them do this, though.
Every time I watch any news, they can't get through a whole newscast without talking about the photos. This whole incident happened over 6 months ago, and the photos are JUST NOW being shown? This sounds WAY too suspicous because of the timing.
The fact that they are news now is due to the election, I think. On the other hand, they are just now coming to light because of a possible cover-up, as I understand it.

These photos endangered another human life, who had nothing to do with the actual war.
www.msn.com

Sorry, but that's bullshit. EVERYONE in Iraq is in CONSTANT danger.

Furthermore, some of the abuses in Abu went beyond embarrasment. Like sodomy!?

The MSN homepage has the beheadding story listed SECOND, after the never-ending story of the prison photos.

They just can't get over the pictures where NO ONE was hurt, just embarrassed. These guys in the prison were not there for traffic violations. I think that the photos are an old story, and the fact that they were published on national TV is why Nick Berg was murdered. These photos endangered another human life, who had nothing to do with the actual war.

Now the liberals are using the photos to PROMOTE their cause... they are saying "If you vote John Kerry, this won't happen" as if Bush TOLD these soldiers to do all this. This message in itself shows how despirate the Kerry groups are.

www.msn.com

I totally agree,kitten. I am getting real sick of hearing about the poor Iraqi prisoners when something so sick just happened to an American. By the way,anyone heard from Matt Maupin? He is the soldier fron Batavia,Ohio that the media has forgotten about. What about the other Iraqi American working for the Pentagon? Haven't got a clue about him either. Why? Because the media is in a frenzy to bring Bush down before the election.

I'll tell you right now too,that the Merican people do not blame Bush for the treatment of those Iraqi prisoners. Most of which was not much too cry about if you ask me.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
What about having dogs attack the Iraqis? I'm pretty sure they were hurt.

One Iraqi had a minor bite. He lived didn't he? The wounds were cared for. None of the prisoners died from anything. All that was truly done was embarrass the hell out of them. What was done is NOT equal severing a man's head while still alive, and recording it for all to see.

I am not saying what went on there was a good thing. But the fact that the photos were released for public viewing not only endangered our troops, but even more so the civilians that are over there helping set up the new government.

Not only that, is I heard on CNN that the fact the photos were published directly violates the Geneva convention, where no prisoner of war is to be used for public curiosity.

You can't deny that the timing of the photos is a little odd, considering the events took place in November, well over 7 months ago. They were aired and published the dame day that John Kerry's new ads came out. The investigations were already happening back last December, and it was already reported. The only reason people are in a tizzy is someone sold the photos to the press, and people actually saw them. I would like to know who sold the photos, because all they did was make it harder to do the job in Iraq.

One Iraqi had a minor bite. He lived didn't he? The wounds were cared for. None of the prisoners died from anything. All that was truly done was embarrass the hell out of them. What was done is NOT equal severing a man's head while still alive, and recording it for all to see.

I am not saying what went on there was a good thing. But the fact that the photos were released for public viewing not only endangered our troops, but even more so the civilians that are over there helping set up the new government.

Don't blame the media for publishing them. Blame the soldiers who did the mistreatment. The mistreatment of Iraqis by the U.S. is genuine news, and I think it is the media's duty to publish stories that may be critical to the nation/ administration, where the stories are important. That is the reason for having a free press: it points out our flaws and pushes us to improve and respond to them. If the media only reported the positives, the protections of the freedom of the press would be irrelevant.

Not only that, is I heard on CNN that the fact the photos were published directly violates the Geneva convention, where no prisoner of war is to be used for public curiosity.

The Geneva Convention only applies in the U.S. to the extent that it abides the Constitution. The Constitution does not allow preventing the press from publishing such stories, and so the Geneva Convention cannot either.

You can't deny that the timing of the photos is a little odd, considering the events took place in November, well over 7 months ago. They were aired and published the dame day that John Kerry's new ads came out. The investigations were already happening back last December, and it was already reported. The only reason people are in a tizzy is someone sold the photos to the press, and people actually saw them. I would like to know who sold the photos, because all they did was make it harder to do the job in Iraq.

I had heard that CBS had these photos/ stories weeks ago, but delayed publishing them at the request of the Bush administration. They only decided to publish them when a rival news organization also got the photos and was going to beat them to the punch. That doesn't really sound like a media just maneuvering to damage the administration.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
What about having dogs attack the Iraqis? I'm pretty sure they were hurt.

I still have yet to see any dogs attacking Iraqis. Most people didnt even look at the pictures very closely. The dogs are on leashes and cornering a prisoner, there is nothing that says the dogs attacked them.

Forum List

Back