This should really come as no surprise to anyone...

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<center><h1><a href=http://www.interventionmag.com/cms/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=748&POSTNUKESID=d17cd10b1bd7c0d83b7235795b60f0cb>“Bush’s childishly literal notion of what is truthful has set the tone for his entire administration.”</a></h1></center>

<blockquote>...“religious sensitivities should not be excluded from the sphere of public reason.” However, the problem that arises “is when religious belief is put in a realm that protects it from the usual rule of scrutiny…[when] further inquiry is cut off with an appeal to faith.” Even the most religious minded apply standards of reason in everyday decisions. For example, we don’t want our police making decisions based on faith; or our physicians to become “faith-healers;” or our investment advisers appealing to God first and foremost in their decisions on our retirement portfolios. Yet this is the kind of “voodoo” logic that Bush implies by his carefully chosen moralistic words.

At this point Singer asks if there is any underlying ethic the president holds. He concludes there is not, that Bush “offers no broad ethical principles” to guide him, that his constantly shifting positions are ethically contradictory. Bush cannot be defined as having either an “individual rights ethic,” a “utilitarian ethic,” or a “Christian ethic.” Rather, says Singer, Bush appears to be driven by what Bob Woodward called “a secular faith in his instincts.”...</blockquote>

Talk about your moral relativism.

I guess your posting this in the anti-American thread shows that you are not just anti-Bush..... If that were the case, why not just post it in the General USA chat?

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Somehow, I'm thinking Peter Singer's interpretation of Bush's ethics is not going to be reliable...

Didja follow the link?...Or is that just yer knee jerk response?

Originally posted by freeandfun1
I guess your posting this in the anti-American thread shows that you are not just anti-Bush..... If that were the case, why not just post it in the General USA chat?

Nah, It's just where the anti-Bush stuff eventually winds up. Seems that most folks here equate loathing and disgust with Dubbyuh with loathing and disgust for the US...And that's just not the case.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Nah, It's just where the anti-Bush stuff eventually winds up. Seems that most folks here equate loathing and disgust with Dubbyuh with loathing and disgust for the US...And that's just not the case.

Not one anti-Bush thread that was started elsewhere has ever been moved here before. Seems you are the only one who has decided that loathing for GWB should have been placed in this forum.

Didja follow the link?...Or is that just yer knee jerk response?

I followed the link and saw that Peter Singer wrote a whole book on the ethics of Bush. I'm not going to run out and buy it.

Originally posted by jimnyc
Not one anti-Bush thread that was started elsewhere has ever been moved here before. Seems you are the only one who has decided that loathing for GWB should have been placed in this forum.

Then, sir, my apologies to you. Let me rephrase my observation to say that since so many seem to equate an anti-Shrub position with an anti- American position, I posted this thread here.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
I followed the link and saw that Peter Singer wrote a whole book on the ethics of Bush. I'm not going to run out and buy it.

Then, at least question you own thoughts regarding Dubbyuh's ephemeral ethics.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
IT SHOULD REALLY COMES AS NO SURPRISE THAT PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF SEEING YOUR GIANT HEADLINES MONKEYBOY!

Oh my...your harsh critique has cut me to the very quick. It has left me gasping at the bitter sharpness of your rapier-like wit.

<h1>NOT!</h1> :teeth:

Then, sir, my apologies to you. Let me rephrase my observation to say that since so many seem to equate an anti-Shrub position with an anti- American position, I posted this thread here.

Does that mean they're getting to you?

Originally posted by jimnyc

Ha! Bully's a closet republican and posts on this board as a liberal to flagellate himself, but subconsciously he recognizes that his anti-bush rants are anti-usa. :laugh:

Forum List

Back