This should be Sticky...

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Rant mode = on

I don't think...

I don't pay $50 a month to read what you people DO NOT think. I pay for internet access so I can come to this forum and read what you DO think. Try this...Instead of telling us what you DON'T think, tell us what you DO believe.

"I don't think Pizza is good" = BAD!!!!!

"I think pizza is not good" = YAY!! Darin HAPPY!

once more:

"I don't think Saddam had WMDs" = BAD!! DARIN ANGRY!! GRRR

"I think Saddam did not have WMDs" = Darin HAPPY as a (insert metaphore here).

I could care less

Great...that implies you care....that tells us you have some level of caring which is less than perhaps you have about other things, but yet not such a small amount that you in fact Couldn't Care Less'

PhoboPhobe

A good rule of thumb - everyone who does not share your point of view is NOT affraid of whatever it is you are supporting. I am not a Democratophobe...a Homophobe...a Heterophobe...a HarleyDavidsonophobe.

That is all... :)

-=d=- said:
Rant mode = on

I don't think...

I don't pay $50 a month to read what you people DO NOT think. I pay for internet access so I can come to this forum and read what you DO think. Try this...Instead of telling us what you DON'T think, tell us what you DO believe.

"I don't think Pizza is good" = BAD!!!!!

"I think pizza is not good" = YAY!! Darin HAPPY!

once more:

"I don't think Saddam had WMDs" = BAD!! DARIN ANGRY!! GRRR

"I think Saddam did not have WMDs" = Darin HAPPY as a (insert metaphore here).

I agree with you on the couldn't care less/-phobe stuff. But I still say it's bad diction to say "I think pizza is not good." If you said "I think pizza is bad," that's fine. Or if you say, "Pizza is not good," that's fine. But "I think pizza is not good" doesn't sound right.

BTW, what do you have against pizza?

gop_jeff said:
I agree with you on the couldn't care less/-phobe stuff. But I still say it's bad diction to say "I think pizza is not good." If you said "I think pizza is bad," that's fine. Or if you say, "Pizza is not good," that's fine. But "I think pizza is not good" doesn't sound right.

BTW, what do you have against pizza?

What about "I don't like Pizza" or "I think Pizza is (Insert)"

The point is, I don't think...dammit... I think people need to start saying what they DO think :) We use 'don't think" - that way of phrasing to sound softer...not so aggressive, imo.

-=d=- said:
What about "I don't like Pizza" or "I think Pizza is (Insert)"

The point is, I don't think...dammit... I think people need to start saying what they DO think :) We use 'don't think" - that way of phrasing to sound softer...not so aggressive, imo.

We've had this discussion... in some circumstances it would be appropriate to say "I don't think...". But usually, you are correct, it is a way to seem less intimidating.

If Darin were a dog, he'd be a Chi-WAH-WAH.

No no, what I should have said was, he'd be a MELAN-colly!

I don't think I couldn't care less about it! :boohoo: :whip3:

• Thanks
Reactions: Joz
Oh....one more thing:

"I feel nautious" = I make people want to vomit.

"I feel nausiated" = I feel like I will vomit.

;)

Forum List

Back