This should be interesting...

Gabriella84 said:
Rob is two years older than I am. He has already graduated from UCLA. I have one year of undergraduate and two years of graduate work left before I can become an accredited counselor.
There is no "his" and "hers" in our relationship. Everything is "ours." Sorry if you are unable to grasp that concept.

Of course it's all "ours" - so long as HE is pulling both loads, and you can sit on your ass making inane comments on a debate board. Perhaps you should get off your tail, and put something toward the "our" part of your relationship.

Don't you feel guilty about contributing *nothing*, yet taking credit by saying "it's all ours!" when there ain't a damn thing you can say YOU did, other than lie at a dinner?

Gabriella84 said:
Tonight (Saturday), about 6 p.m. PDT, my fiance Rob and I will have dinner with one of his clients. Who, incidentally, happens to be one of the wealthiest and most influential behind-the-scenes role players in California conservative politics. The man funds a lot of lobbying efforts and has given untild amounts of money to GOP candidates.
Of course, he needs someone to help manage his money. Which is why he uses the company that employs my conservative Republican fiance.

It's so subversive. The freshly scrubbed blonde haired girl with blue eyes, eloquently dressed and accompanied by a distinguished gentleman, off to talk conservative theology with one of the movers and shakers. Of course, I have promised not to say anything that would give away my true identity as a liberal scum who has protested on the streets of Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York City.

As Bruce Springsteen once sang "Two faces have I." :teeth:

Your impending marriage ought to be quite interesting too! As a counselor in training would you really suggest that a couple just avoid talking about issues that they have serious disagreements about. If you are as hostile toward conservatives as you have demonstrated here, do you really believe that you can avoid expressing this anger toward you fiance in a manner that is quite unhealthy to you relationship?

We don't need to bash her for this. Her post about her plans for the evening gave us all a very good insight into what she is all about.

I, for one, don't blame her. She's having her cake and eating it too. She can plaster anti-Bush stickers all over her car, march in the streets of major cities, and post some downright idiotic things on the message board; and in her little mind, feel like she is a true advocate for all things anti-conservative.

But while she sits having her fancy dinner, pretending to be someone else (which probably isn't that hard for her), deep down inside, she is thankful for the conservative values that, for the most part, run this county - because these values are what is allowing her to do all this.

She is laughing and smiling all the way to the bank.

GotZoom said:
We don't need to bash her for this. Her post about her plans for the evening gave us all a very good insight into what she is all about.

I, for one, don't blame her. She's having her cake and eating it too. She can plaster anti-Bush stickers all over her car, march in the streets of major cities, and post some downright idiotic things on the message board; and in her little mind, feel like she is a true advocate for all things anti-conservative.

But while she sits having her fancy dinner, pretending to be someone else (which probably isn't that hard for her), deep down inside, she is thankful for the conservative values that, for the most part, run this county - because these values are what is allowing her to do all this.

She is laughing and smiling all the way to the bank.

Sad, but true.

Gabriella84 said:
Tonight (Saturday), about 6 p.m. PDT, my fiance Rob and I will have dinner with one of his clients. Who, incidentally, happens to be one of the wealthiest and most influential behind-the-scenes role players in California conservative politics. The man funds a lot of lobbying efforts and has given untild amounts of money to GOP candidates.
Of course, he needs someone to help manage his money. Which is why he uses the company that employs my conservative Republican fiance.

It's so subversive. The freshly scrubbed blonde haired girl with blue eyes, eloquently dressed and accompanied by a distinguished gentleman, off to talk conservative theology with one of the movers and shakers. Of course, I have promised not to say anything that would give away my true identity as a liberal scum who has protested on the streets of Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York City.

Almost sounds like the hooker in "Pretty Woman," doesn't it? No matter how pretty, or where hse ends up, she is still a hooker for the cash!

Gabriella84 said:

When you marched the streets of these cities, how did you get there?

You live in SF so I can see that...the drive to LA isn't that bad. How did you get to NY?

think the kids will go to church? eat sprouts? get pierced? dye their hair purple? have premarital sex? go to public school in downtown SF? be allowed to protest........i am sure they have this all worked out....

manu1959 said:
think the kids will go to church? eat sprouts? get pierced? dye their hair purple? have premarital sex? go to public school in downtown SF? be allowed to protest........i am sure they have this all worked out....

If she is going to be true to her reasonings, then the answer would be yes to all of the above.

Gabriella84 said:
Wow, you people seem to have discussed this matter at some length. I am truly impressed. :rolleyes:

Too bad you missed most of the point. I met Rob more than five years ago, when both of us were in high school. He set his goals high and achieved them. Now he has what all good Americans strive for, which is a comfortable lifestyle.
Of course, a young person who immediately moves up in society is not usually what the yee-haw denizens of Trailer Park, America want to hear. Too bad, we're doing it anyway. :usa:

Our relationship is not, and has never been about politics or political views. Marriage is a 50-50 partnership where no one exclusively calls the shots. I have my views and he has his. I am not going to spew anti-GOP rhetoric at dinner with his clients.

You have to respect your partner's core beliefs. He has Bush stickers on his car. I have anti-Bush stickers on mine. The way to avoid political arguments is to not have political discussions.

Sorry if all of this flies over your collective noggins. I thought conservatives were all in favor of the man providing the family income. Perhaps you expected something different.

So how did it go?

Pretty good. Free valet parking. Got to eat in a private dining room of an exclusive restaurant. Nice bacon-wrapped filet with sauce. I'm not a wine snob like my sister, so I passed on that.
Fortunately, there was very little political discussion. Mostly, it was money talk, which we women folk politely listened to without comment. The money man has split Bay Area college allegiances -- his son went to Cal, his daughter went to Stanford. He has donated generously to both institutions (imagine that -- rich Republicans giving money to Berkeley!!).
His wife served in Korea as a medic. Was on the front line during the first Chinese offensive.
Interesting note: A diehard Republican, who fully supports Bush and everything Bush does, refuses to buy his grandchildren toy guns, soldiers or anything associated with the military. Says they can learn about that stuff later. :salute:

Forum List

Back