This should be interesting...

G

Gabriella84

Tonight (Saturday), about 6 p.m. PDT, my fiance Rob and I will have dinner with one of his clients. Who, incidentally, happens to be one of the wealthiest and most influential behind-the-scenes role players in California conservative politics. The man funds a lot of lobbying efforts and has given untild amounts of money to GOP candidates.
Of course, he needs someone to help manage his money. Which is why he uses the company that employs my conservative Republican fiance.

It's so subversive. The freshly scrubbed blonde haired girl with blue eyes, eloquently dressed and accompanied by a distinguished gentleman, off to talk conservative theology with one of the movers and shakers. Of course, I have promised not to say anything that would give away my true identity as a liberal scum who has protested on the streets of Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York City.

As Bruce Springsteen once sang "Two faces have I." :teeth:

Evil, you should be happy about this! There is one point where liberals and conservatives are the same:
We are both willing to lie to and deceive people for money. :moon4:

Besides, this is where I benefit from reading this message board. I learn enough conservative talking points to hold a conversation.

Just goes to show.. Libs will lie about anything.

Doesn't surprise me a bit. She talks a good game. "I've protested in the streets of....." "Bad Bush" "Stop the war"

But when it comes right down to it....security, safety, comfortable life style and money is what it comes down to.....

She's doing it for the Benjamins - and she always will.

GotZoom said:
But when it comes right down to it....security, safety, comfortable life style and money is what it comes down to.....
Yep...funny how libs don't really care about such things as security, safety, comfortable life style and money, until it affects them isn't it?. Well hey, shes young an dumb in life..give er a few yaers, she'll grow-up..

Of course, I have promised not to say anything that would give away my true identity as a liberal scum who has protested on the streets of Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York City.

Is all the crap you spew here just for show, then? Why don't you have the guts to be yourself, and state your own beliefs, rather than pretend to be something/someone you're not?

Shattered said:
Is all the crap you spew here just for show, then? Why don't you have the guts to be yourself, and state your own beliefs, rather than pretend to be something/someone you're not?

She only does this when she is in make-believe land.

When she realizes it's time to be a grown-up, she mellows out.

GotZoom said:
She only does this when she is in make-believe land.

When she realizes it's time to be a grown-up, she mellows out.

Multiple personality disorder's gotta be a bitch...

A constant struggle.

She looks at the checkbook, the electric bill, her upcoming vacation and is so grateful for her "conservative Republican fiance."

But then she thinks about her parents...fighting the struggle when they were younger.

She tries to be so like them...claiming to all her "true identity as a liberal scum who has protested on the streets of Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York City"....

until she comes home to her cushy middle class life style.

She climbs into her warm bed at night, curls up next to her Republican fiance, thinks about her Republican lifestyle, and falls to sleep with a smile on her face.

Well, one of them's going to wake up soon. Then she'll have to get a job. :D

...but then again, she CAN say she's toiled with the best of us - after all, she HAD a job. Once.

Wow, you people seem to have discussed this matter at some length. I am truly impressed. :rolleyes:

Too bad you missed most of the point. I met Rob more than five years ago, when both of us were in high school. He set his goals high and achieved them. Now he has what all good Americans strive for, which is a comfortable lifestyle.
Of course, a young person who immediately moves up in society is not usually what the yee-haw denizens of Trailer Park, America want to hear. Too bad, we're doing it anyway. :usa:

Our relationship is not, and has never been about politics or political views. Marriage is a 50-50 partnership where no one exclusively calls the shots. I have my views and he has his. I am not going to spew anti-GOP rhetoric at dinner with his clients.

You have to respect your partner's core beliefs. He has Bush stickers on his car. I have anti-Bush stickers on mine. The way to avoid political arguments is to not have political discussions.

Sorry if all of this flies over your collective noggins. I thought conservatives were all in favor of the man providing the family income. Perhaps you expected something different.

Now he has what all good Americans strive for, which is a comfortable lifestyle.
Of course, a young person who immediately moves up in society is not usually what the yee-haw denizens of Trailer Park, America want to hear. Too bad, we're doing it anyway.

No, HE is doing it. You're merely riding his coattails, and sucking up half his resources. Don't you feel odd spouting off about 50/50 relationships when you're not doing a damn thing but sucking up half the profits of HIS hard work, and pretending to be something you're not?

Typical lib bullshit.. "You do for yourself, and while you're at it, you do for me, too."

Rob is two years older than I am. He has already graduated from UCLA. I have one year of undergraduate and two years of graduate work left before I can become an accredited counselor.
There is no "his" and "hers" in our relationship. Everything is "ours." Sorry if you are unable to grasp that concept.

Gabriella84 said:
Wow, you people seem to have discussed this matter at some length. I am truly impressed. :rolleyes:

Too bad you missed most of the point. I met Rob more than five years ago, when both of us were in high school. He set his goals high and achieved them. Now he has what all good Americans strive for, which is a comfortable lifestyle.
Of course, a young person who immediately moves up in society is not usually what the yee-haw denizens of Trailer Park, America want to hear. Too bad, we're doing it anyway. :usa:

Our relationship is not, and has never been about politics or political views. Marriage is a 50-50 partnership where no one exclusively calls the shots. I have my views and he has his. I am not going to spew anti-GOP rhetoric at dinner with his clients.

You have to respect your partner's core beliefs. He has Bush stickers on his car. I have anti-Bush stickers on mine. The way to avoid political arguments is to not have political discussions.

Sorry if all of this flies over your collective noggins. I thought conservatives were all in favor of the man providing the family income. Perhaps you expected something different.

Don't feel so "persecuted". Perhaps you should have said the above as your thread starter instead of your original post, IDIOT.

Forum List

Back