This shit sucks!

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Just received word that one of my best friends is in John Hopkins and is not expected to make it though the night. He was diagnosed with kidney cancer last year that had worked it's way into his lungs. He was responding extremely well to the aggressive treatment and seemed to be beating this so it comes as a shock. He was married about two years ago to a wonderful woman and I feel so sorry for her. Right now I can't get up there but he has many mutual friends and family with him at this moment and they are keeping me appraised of the situation. If he lasts a few more days I can get there if not I'll be there with many other friends for his widow.

Just received word that one of my best friends is in John Hopkins and is not expected to make it though the night. He was diagnosed with kidney cancer last year that had worked it's way into his lungs. He was responding extremely well to the aggressive treatment and seemed to be beating this so it comes as a shock. He was married about two years ago to a wonderful woman and I feel so sorry for her. Right now I can't get up there but he has many mutual friends and family with him at this moment and they are keeping me appraised of the situation. If he lasts a few more days I can get there if not I'll be there with many other friends for his widow.

Prayers if ya want 'em....if not, at least know you and your's are in my thoughts
:eusa_pray:

All of our prayers go out to him. Hopefully, by some miracle he will get through this, we can only think on the positive side and keep THEIR spirits up as much as possible.

I am sure everyone in here knows of one or several people with cancer, some in their last days or weeks, some in remission, some recently passed. It's an epidemic of epic proportions, it would seem, and no real cures in the distant future, but treatments are extending the lives of thousands. Some types of cancers take our loved ones almost overnight and no amount of treatments seem to slow them down.

Thanks for sharing.........:eusa_pray:

Thanks folks, especially for the prayers. It is a shock considering he was responding so well to the kemo treatments. I'm sorry but there is no one around right now and I needed to vent. I knew my USMB friends would understand. Thanks again and please keep him and his family in your prayers, I'm praying for a miracle even now if only for his wife's sake.

Thanks folks, especially for the prayers. It is a shock considering he was responding so well to the kemo treatments. I'm sorry but there is no one around right now and I needed to vent. I knew my USMB friends would understand. Thanks again and please keep him and his family in your prayers, I'm praying for a miracle even now if only for his wife's sake.

She will be getting a lot of support after he passes, but will need people most in 6 months when everything has settled down. I know, I've been through this and have been raising my children alone ever since.

My younger brother (we shared much growing up), had a kidney taken out with cancerous tumor. Treatment went well. Cancer came back in a few years and killed him. Treatment that is successful does not equal living cancer free.

Lost my father to the same kind of cancer. He ignored the warning signs for years until it ravaged his body.

I've also lost like 3 friends in the last month unexpectedly.

I feel your pain.

My younger brother (we shared much growing up), had a kidney taken out with cancerous tumor. Treatment went well. Cancer came back in a few years and killed him. Treatment that is successful does not equal living cancer free.

He was on an aggressive new treatment that has shown lots of promise. Five years ago kidney cancer was a death sentence and now while not curing the cancer todays treatments generally put it in remission leading to longer, productive lives. Looks like this may not be the case.

He was on an aggressive new treatment that has shown lots of promise. Five years ago kidney cancer was a death sentence and now while not curing the cancer todays treatments generally put it in remission leading to longer, productive lives. Looks like this may not be the case.

What is the treatment? My father guinea pigged for a drug called Interferon back in the early 90's, it added a year and a half of life on top of his initial prognosis. At the time that was the "aggressive new treatment".

at this point honey...he most likely is too drugged to know you...or he has begun his final exit....and cant look back....

middle is right...big rush and flurry...when it happens then everyone fades away.....be sure and call her in 6 months in a year.....

you are in my thoughts....may the fates and muses be kind....but no matter...we accept and move on....

treatment was successful, but we lost the patient

What is the treatment? My father guinea pigged for a drug called Interferon back in the early 90's, it added a year and a half of life on top of his initial prognosis. At the time that was the "aggressive new treatment".

after the kidney came out 1998/1999 (they got the whole tumor), I guess he got radiation/chemo as a follow up. he was supposed to be cancer free. when it came back it 2000/2001 it was inoperable and a death sentence (spread like wildfire). he was treated experimentally with the fact that it would only, maybe, prolong life by a short time (2002).

after the kidney came out 1998/1999 (they got the whole tumor), I guess he got radiation/chemo as a follow up. he was supposed to be cancer free. when it came back it 2000/2001 it was inoperable and a death sentence (spread like wildfire). he was treated experimentally with the fact that it would only, maybe, prolong life by a short time (2002).

Did the cancer come back in the remaining kidney or somewhere else?

My dad had an aortic aneurysm (it was located in his abdomen) a few years ago and when they opened him up they found one of his kidneys was cancerous. They removed it and he made a full recovery . . . he didn't even get follow-up chemo or anything.

{{hugs}} Prayers for your friend.

Forum List

Back