This Puts It All To Rest For Me!

Dude.......................you really need to learn what the Green New Deal really is. It's not a law that Congress passed that has to be followed, but rather a non binding resolution (Congress passes those all the time), that is more a guide work to try to follow. And, because it's a non binding resolution, it can be followed or not by whoever chooses to or not.
'

It’s called aspirational, biker. Another word for bullshit.

You might think that, but I consider aspirations to be goals to be worked towards. When I joined the military, I had serious aspirations of making higher rank, so that is what I worked for, and achieved.

I look at this in the same way. While we won't be able to get rid of all fossil fuels, wouldn't it be a good idea to try to set our sights on those goals, to make a better place for all of us?

If humans didn't aspire to better things, we'd still be living in caves and mud huts, still being hunter/gatherers.

Dude.......................you really need to learn what the Green New Deal really is. It's not a law that Congress passed that has to be followed, but rather a non binding resolution (Congress passes those all the time), that is more a guide work to try to follow. And, because it's a non binding resolution, it can be followed or not by whoever chooses to or not.
'
It’s a transfer of wealth to each other and their buddies.Nothing else.

Not a law. Not deserving of all the bullshit reaction its garnered from the right.

'
A non binding resolution. So when the Dimwitocraps start forcing everyone to either go green or be put in jail, we can tell them to fuck off?

'
It’s a transfer of wealth to each other and their buddies.Nothing else.

What part of "non binding" do you keep missing?

'
A non binding resolution. So when the Dimwitocraps start forcing everyone to either go green or be put in jail, we can tell them to fuck off?

There is no way to enforce it. It is a non binding resolution, and people can choose to follow it or not.

You might think that, but I consider aspirations to be goals to be worked towards. When I joined the military, I had serious aspirations of making higher rank, so that is what I worked for, and achieved.

I look at this in the same way. While we won't be able to get rid of all fossil fuels, wouldn't it be a good idea to try to set our sights on those goals, to make a better place for all of us?

If humans didn't aspire to better things, we'd still be living in caves and mud huts, still being hunter/gatherers.
I laugh at stupid liberals (redundant statement) who think that their political hacks are trying to save the planet, not abuse their power by absconding of other peoples property in a wealth redistribution scheme. Lets take Californication for example.

Californication wanted the smog problem to go down, so they wanted more people to drive hybrids and electric cars.
Californication started seeing their gasoline tax go down, because hybrids and electric cars use less gasoline.
Californication started talking about a mileage tax because that way they can get more taxes from those who avoided paying the gasoline tax.

California Considers Placing A Mileage Tax On Drivers
“If you own an older vehicle that is fueled by gas, you’re paying gas tax to maintain the roads. Someone who has an electric vehicle or a dramatically more fuel efficient vehicle is paying much less than you are. But they are still using the roads,” Wiener said.
“People are going to use less and less gas in the long run,” according to Wiener.
And less gas means less gas tax, and less money for road repair.
“We want to make sure that all cars are paying to maintain the roads,” Wiener said.
So Californication wants to make sure everyone pays their fair share, even though a hybrid or electric car costs the environmental person more money. Stupid and liberal, both means the same..

cartoon-california-promised-land1.jpg

You assume the people that wanted less fossil fuel burned are the same ones who advocated for a mileage-based tax. You have no support for that presupposition.

Fuel taxes were a convenient and relatively fair way to gather money for roads and bridge costs when everyone was getting similar mileage. Now, with at least a five-fold range of fuel mileage in the fleet, it is not. A tax based on the number of miles driven is far more appropriate and this is why many states charge highway use taxes, fuel-mileage taxes, mileage surcharges and ton-mile taxes.

Chiming? What lie did you find in the Green New Deal?

The whole thing is a pipe dream and a scam. Provides the Disney crowd with a short lived buzz! Only goofballs think folks would be ok with spending an extra $10 for merchandise to cover additional green shipping costs.:113::113:

Thousands of diesel locomotives haul almost 2 billion tons of freight per year! Far less expensive than trucking freight. The country comes to a standstill without the Class A railroad system.

What will we do? Move 100 car one mile long freight trains with windmills on the top of the locomotives? And millions are employed by US railroads!

Costs matter in life.....but not to the green contingent.

@www.whodoesntgetit.com

Last edited:

You are not getting it B. There is no crisis, there is no emergency, no drastic action needs to be taken. Sort of like the wall, you know. You are trying to scam us.

You assume the people that wanted less fossil fuel burned are the same ones who advocated for a mileage-based tax. You have no support for that presupposition.

Fuel taxes were a convenient and relatively fair way to gather money for roads and bridge costs when everyone was getting similar mileage. Now, with at least a five-fold range of fuel mileage in the fleet, it is not. A tax based on the number of miles driven is far more appropriate and this is why many states charge highway use taxes, fuel-mileage taxes, mileage surcharges and ton-mile taxes.
relatively fair way to gather money
So when the libfucks wanted to save the world by reducing the CO2 footprint, it was really about keeping the money flowing so it could be spent in other ways. So much for being environmentally friendly, because you still get fucked by the liberals..

Are you people really satisfied making as little sense as you make?

Pushing people towards electric cars didn't put money into liberal pockets. Changing the road taxation structure from fuel burned to road miles didn't put money into liberal pockets. Road taxes are dedicated to road building and repair. You're just filled with so much hate you've stopped thinking. At all.

A. Road taxes are dedicated to road building and repair. l.

Right...which explains why whenever a state or locality plans a serious road project, the first item of business is a bond issue to pay for the project....if taxes are dedicated to road building and repair, where is that money and why must they always borrow money for the project?

Do you ever think?

Are you saying that they are NOT dedicated to road building and repair?

F-ing TROLL

Forum List

Back