This poor small buisness owner,

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014

She also stated on the town hall debate she also does not have health insurance. The average Fantastic Sams franchise makes 86,000 a year. Why does she not have HI, if she can buy a house on the lake.

Sounds to me like she is doing pretty good by here words:
Fantastic Sams Franchise Review — How Single Parent LaRonda Hunter Launched Four Thriving Salons

What I want to know, if employers do not have to offer health insurance, is everyone going to be self insured??
or just be without Health Insurance. ? Just answer this question, thank you!

Another plus for the ACA, thank You LaRonda. Your greed has been well noted.

What has owning a Fantastic Sams franchise enabled you to do that you wouldn’t have been able to do working for someone else? The flexibility is great. It’s so much better than it was during 30 years of corporate and government work. There are many days when I work at my computer in my pajamas at home. I’m in charge of my own schedule and can design it around anything my son has going on. I was in a position this past year to purchase a lake home. That’s something I’ve wanted forever. I was finally able to afford to do it, and it’s because of my Fantastic Sams businesses. Fantastic Sams has given me the lifestyle I really wanted. I paid my dues for many years working for someone else. I feel very fortunate to be a Fantastic Sams franchisee. I’m proud of what I’ve accomplished. I feel like I’ve lived the American Dream — no doubt about it.
Fantastic Sams Franchise Review — How Single Parent LaRonda Hunter Launched Four Thriving Salons

Her words.

You couldn't turn a profit on a lemonade stand, but you're going to sit there and criticize and ridicule a small business owner who actually employs people? Tell me, what business have you run? What is your life experience that qualifies you to offer such an opinion on how to operate a business?

You couldn't turn a profit on a lemonade stand, but you're going to sit there and criticize and ridicule a small business owner who actually employs people? Tell me, what business have you run? What is your life experience that qualifies you to offer such an opinion on how to operate a business?

I sure am, blames the ACA for not growing her business, and why does she not have HI herself. I call her a big
fat LOSER. My husband has owned a business for 20 some years.

So you didn't answer the question. Please do.

Last edited:

I sure am, blames the ACA for not growing her business, and why does she not have HI herself. I call her a big

She did answer that. It's not the same now, her business plan was all set and they went for it, then obamacare came along and effed the whole thing up due to the huge increase in overhead.

She did answer that. It's not the same now, her business plan was all set and they went for it, then obamacare came along and effed the whole thing up due to the huge increase in overhead.

Well a business plan has to be flexible, since the world is. Please answer the question? I mean you, her answer proves the need to the ACA.

She also stated on the town hall debate she also does not have health insurance. The average Fantastic Sams franchise makes 86,000 a year. Why does she not have HI, if she can buy a house on the lake.

What I want to know, if employers do not have to offer health insurance, is everyone going to be self insured??

Her greed? Please explain!

Penelope thinks $86,000.00 a year is a whole lot of money per business that employs other people and this gal shouldn't have a place on a lake is what I gathered from her post.

Well a business plan has to be flexible, since the world is. Please answer the question? I mean you, her answer proves the need to the ACA.
What kind of nonsense is that? Their cost went up exponentially due to obamacare mandates and your answer is they should have been flexible? You mean like charging twice the amount for services?

Penelope thinks $86,000.00 a year is a whole lot of money per business that employs other people and this gal shouldn't have a place on a lake is what I gathered from her post.

FOUR of them making $86K per year... but she can't afford insurance? Bull fucking shit...$340K in PROFIT per year... and can't afford health insurance?

FOUR of them making $86K per year... but she can't afford insurance? Bull fucking shit...$340K in PROFIT per year... and can't afford health insurance?
You think gross sales are profits and you want to start a manufacturing business. Holy lee shit.

^^^ This kinda thinking is why so many businesses fail.

You think gross sales are profits and you want to start a manufacturing business. Holy lee shit.

The post didn't say Gross sales. I took "makes" as profit. I could be wrong, so I would need clarification on it. You went the other way with the interpretation to mean gross sales. It doesn't say that. Of course you then had to make a dickhead comment on top of that... motherfucker I've handled managing 5 stores that brought in over $5 million in sales annually. I know how fucking sales and profits work. You are one of the biggest pricks I've ever talked to on a forum... and you have the gall to call me a troll.

^^^ This kinda thinking is why so many businesses fail.

Same thing... the post says, "makes." There is no clarification on if that is Gross sales, net sales, or profit.

The post didn't say Gross sales. I took "makes" as profit. I could be wrong, so I would need clarification on it. You went the other way with the interpretation to mean gross sales. It doesn't say that. Of course you then had to make a dickhead comment on top of that... motherfucker I've handled managing 5 stores that brought in over $5 million in sales annually. I know how fucking sales and profits work. You are one of the biggest pricks I've ever talked to on a forum... and you have the gall to call me a troll.
I don't remember calling you a troll, stupid yes. But if a business makes x amount a year that does not mean what the owner stuffed in his pockets.

And I don't buy your story here either.

According to this site... Fantastic Sams Franchise owners make $82,000 a year in SALARY, and that's not counting profits. Now I don't know if she makes that much per store, or if she only pays herself as an employee of one store, or if she has all 4 stores under a single franchisee corporation. So there are a lot of variables there.

1 Fantastic Sams Franchise Owner Salaries
Browse Fantastic Sams Salaries by Job Title →
Fantastic Sams Franchise Owners earn $82,000 annually, or $39 per hour, which is 31% higher than the national average for allFranchise Owners at $60,000 annually and 29% higher than the national salary average for all working Americans. The highest paid Franchise Owners work for Express Personnel Services at $128,000 annually and the lowest paid Franchise Owners work for Bonus Building Care at $23,000 annually.

Fantastic Sams Franchise Owner Salaries | CareerBliss

There is still no reason to make that much money and NOT be able to afford health insurance.

I don't remember calling you a troll, stupid yes. But if a business makes x amount a year that does not mean what the owner stuffed in his pockets.

And I don't buy your story here either.

Sorry boss but I was an SSM for GNC and was over 5 stores. I worked my way up in the company all the way from a sales associate when I got home from Parris Island, up to the SSM position.

According to this site... Fantastic Sams Franchise owners make $82,000 a year in SALARY, and that's not counting profits. Now I don't know if she makes that much per store, or if she only pays herself as an employee of one store, or if she has all 4 stores under a single franchisee corporation. So there are a lot of variables there.

1 Fantastic Sams Franchise Owner Salaries
Browse Fantastic Sams Salaries by Job Title →
Fantastic Sams Franchise Owners earn $82,000 annually, or $39 per hour, which is 31% higher than the national average for allFranchise Owners at $60,000 annually and 29% higher than the national salary average for all working Americans. The highest paid Franchise Owners work for Express Personnel Services at $128,000 annually and the lowest paid Franchise Owners work for Bonus Building Care at $23,000 annually.

Fantastic Sams Franchise Owner Salaries | CareerBliss

There is still no reason to make that much money and NOT be able to afford health insurance.

Same article I read ( I accidently said 86,000) , but that is her earned income and I imagine her gross personal income, after her business costs which she could write off the healthcare /share pay and her health insurance under business as well. She didn't say whether her operators are IC's or employees, of which she would need to pay unemployment taxes on . I know some beauticians rent chairs from shops.

The point remains, she gives a great excuse for the ACA, as her 45 employees can now afford insurance.

What if she or an employee gets ill, too bad I guess. Who is going to pay?

No... It doesn't. You clearly don't understand what a "need" is...

Why is it a business owner's responsibility to provide health insurance for employees? Business owners already pay into workers' comp, so that covers employees who might be injured on the job. No further medical care needs be provided for an employee. Now, if an employer wishes to provide health benefits to employees as part of a compensation package, that's their choice. Offering such benefits makes the employer desirable to workers and will attract better qualified workers to seek employment.
Otherwise, if the employees want health insurance, they should be able to shop around and purchase coverage suitable to their needs.

Forum List

Back