This place will be a colossal bore on wednesday

I have never lived thru a more boring election.

No matter who wins we all lose, bigtime!

hurrah

I have not been through an election before on USMB, but I have elsewhere. After McCain lost to Obama, I was needling a McCain supporter till I realized she was really in distress. If things get too ugly here, I may just take a hiatus.

I dun know why, but as to politics some people seem to need the failure of others even more than their own success. It can get disturbingly vicious IRL, so I can only imagine what it's like on here.

Considering the way the polling has been going, anyone who has been paying attention knows that the GOP will likely take the house and make strides for the senate. The thing is, some people have built up this event to be such a big thing, that it is going to be a huge disappointment and lack of reaching expectations for many people.

Personally, I don't see much changing past November even if the GOP wins except gridlock. Combined with that, attempted impeachment of Obama along with the GOP civil war that will occur will pretty much lead to an Obama reelection.

All I can say is the 2012 Republican Primary will be a riot to watch on here.

Considering the way the polling has been going, anyone who has been paying attention knows that the GOP will likely take the house and make strides for the senate. The thing is, some people have built up this event to be such a big thing, that it is going to be a huge disappointment and lack of reaching expectations for many people.

Personally, I don't see much changing past November even if the GOP wins except gridlock. Combined with that, attempted impeachment of Obama along with the GOP civil war that will occur will pretty much lead to an Obama reelection.

I asked you this in another thread which you abandoned...

Who will try to impeach 0bama?

BTW, gridlock is a good thing when YOUR heroes haven't learned to put away the checkbook...

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

BTW, gridlock is a good thing when YOUR heroes haven't learned to put away the checkbook...

My heroes? Gridlock does nothing to solve this nation's problems either. I think I saw this movie when I rented it. It came out in '94, the remake is never good as the original, doesn't help that the original wasn't that good in the first place.

As for who will try to impeach Obama, the GOP of course.

Three Fingers of Politics Blog Archive Bachmann: Subpoenas and Hearings Are Coming in 2011

According to Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., the House Republicans should exercise their power to subpoena and hold continuous hearings. Speaking to a gathering for the GOP Youth Convention on July 22 in Washington, D.C., she emphasized this point.

“Oh, I think that’s all we should do,” Bachmann said. “I think that all we should do is issue subpoenas and have one hearing after another. And expose all the nonsense that is going on. And it’s very important when we come back that we have constitutional conservative leadership because the American people’s patience is about this big.”

My heroes? Gridlock does nothing to solve this nation's problems either. I think I saw this movie when I rented it. It came out in '94, the remake is never good as the original, doesn't help that the original wasn't that good in the first place.
If gridlock stops YOUR 0bama's spending spree, then I'm good with it...

Three Fingers of Politics Blog Archive Bachmann: Subpoenas and Hearings Are Coming in 2011

According to Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., the House Republicans should exercise their power to subpoena and hold continuous hearings. Speaking to a gathering for the GOP Youth Convention on July 22 in Washington, D.C., she emphasized this point.

“Oh, I think that’s all we should do,” Bachmann said. “I think that all we should do is issue subpoenas and have one hearing after another. And expose all the nonsense that is going on. And it’s very important when we come back that we have constitutional conservative leadership because the American people’s patience is about this big.”

Yawn.... Got anything that isn't a fucking blog? Plus, there was nothing about impeachment there, junior... FAIL....

The GOP Primary 2012 will be a fight for this nation's soul.

Last edited:

Yawn.... Got anything that isn't a fucking blog? Plus, there was nothing about impeachment there, junior... FAIL....

O grow up, Dr. House. They'll be there less than a month before the impeachment hearings begin.

:lol: If you want to deny it go ahead, but time will prove to show I'm right.

Modbert is down with trillion dollar deficits as long as only the dems make them. He is down with the fact that in 2 years Obama has created 3 TRILLION dollars in deficit as opposed the Bush creating 5.7 in 8 years. He does not mind one bit that Obama plans to have another trillion dollar deficit next year if the dems win in November. Deficits are only bad when a Republican makes them after all Obama's supporters keep claiming that it must be true.

O grow up, Dr. House. They'll be there less than a month before the impeachment hearings begin.

I hope so, and part of the reason I'll vote Republican on Tuesday.

wow, i'd say it is YOU that needs to GROW UP
especially since House was 100% correct that the so called proof bert posted didnt back his claim about impeachment at all

:lol: If you want to deny it go ahead, but time will prove to show I'm right.

Well, everything has to have a "first time." Alas, this one will not be yours.

President Obama is a hideously bad President, but with the exception of the very further-most fringe goofs, nobody is arguing that he has committed any high crimes or misdemeanors.

Thus, discounting schmucks like Lyndon LaDouche, nobody is calling for this President's impeachment.

If some actual scandal breaks which legitimately implicates the President, things could change. But nobody is holding their breath.

Nonsense. Absolute fantasy.

There could be a CALL for impeachment -- theoretically -- but hearings? Not a chance.

Sorry bert... ain't never gonna happen man... obama is a non starter even now for '12...

... Poll: Dems split over handing Obama '12 nomination - wtop.com

You're just going to have to come to grips with the fact that people pretty much are aware of what kind of a FUCK UP the jackass is... most dems already have. You're one of the last hold outs.

Last edited:
Juniorbert is pissed because he can't vote.
Anyway, my prediction is the lefties here will be claiming victory because the GOP did not win every single race. The rest of us will know the truth that the election was one big referendum on Obama, and the voters hate him and his disgustingly bad policies.
Personally I can't wait for the election to be over. I'm just about sick of hearing about it.

I wouldn't presume to prognosticate into 2012, but Politico is taking a stab at it for the Senate.

Tougher road ahead for Senate Dems
By: Shira Toeplitz
October 28, 2010 04:37 AM EDT

If Senate Democrats think 2010 is a tough cycle, just wait two more years.

They’ll probably hold the Senate majority Tuesday — with a couple of seats to spare, most analysts believe. But 2012 is a different story.

By then, Republicans will be poised to take control of the Senate — with pickup possibilities scattered across the map and a much narrower base of their own to defend.

It’s not simply the lopsided mathematics — with at least 21 Democratic seats on the table in 2012, including two independents who sit with the Democrats, compared with 10 Republicans. It’s where the seats are located.

Start with Democratic seats in three states where President Barack Obama lost in 2008: Nebraska, North Dakota and Montana.

Then go down a list of where Democrats are poised to lose Senate battles this year — Ohio, Florida and Missouri, for example — and Democrats will be right back at it in 2012, defending seats there again.

Throw in some bona fide tossup states — Virginia and New Mexico — and it’s pretty hard not to picture Republicans picking off the handful of seats needed to take control, if Tuesday goes as well for the GOP as experts expect...

Forum List

Back