This place becoming a den of terroristic pollenation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of the reason that people are being so nasty to each other is because we see the way our leaders are throwing insults at each other. Since the leaders are doing it, it makes it okay for the rest of us to do so, after all, it's just supporting your political party, right?

Another part of the reason, is that there is anonymity on message boards. People tend to say outrageous crap when they know there are no real consequences for it. If a person is banned from here for saying outrageous crap, they simply move to another place and then, start bloviating all over again.

(yeah I know.............I'm a buzzkill because I looked at it logically and presented a cogent argument).

Part of the reason that people are being so nasty to each other is because we see the way our leaders are throwing insults at each other. Since the leaders are doing it, it makes it okay for the rest of us to do so, after all, it's just supporting your political party, right?

Another part of the reason, is that there is anonymity on message boards. People tend to say outrageous crap when they know there are no real consequences for it. If a person is banned from here for saying outrageous crap, they simply move to another place and then, start bloviating all over again.

(yeah I know.............I'm a buzzkill because I looked at it logically and presented a cogent argument).

And part of the reason there is murder in the world is because people become angry at other people. But having motivations for bad behavior does not excuse bad behavior.

Allusions to, suggestions for, and the general endorsement of political violence has become all too common around here. The kibosh really ought to be put on it. A recent example:

It seems like I see this kind of thing at least a couple times a week anymore. Does anyone really want to see USMB in headlines for having been a pollenation ground for the next politically motivated mass murder?
Normally one would report such things and let the mods deal...

I have reported such posts in the past, but nothing is ever done. Clearly these kinds of statements are not considered to be against the rules.
Sometimes, a poster's choice of avatar and name can affect how serious their posts are taken. Not that happened with you,,,

You're saying that encouraging political violence gets overlooked because the mods prefer brunettes?
That isn't at all what I said. Read it AGAIN.

Sometimes, a poster's choice of stupidity can affect how seriously your posts are taken.

And part of the reason there is murder in the world is because people become angry at other people. But having motivations for bad behavior does not excuse bad behavior.

You're right. It doesn't excuse it. But, like I said, people have been listening to politicians bad mouth each other in increasing amounts over the past decade. Because of that, most people have become numb to nasty behavior, and now think it's okay.

All ya have to do to see it is watch the news for a couple of days. It rears it's ugly head with regularity nowadays.

Allusions to, suggestions for, and the general endorsement of political violence has become all too common around here. The kibosh really ought to be put on it. A recent example:

He’s a statist turd and ought to be sent into the woods with a sniper close behind

It seems like I see this kind of thing at least a couple times a week anymore. Does anyone really want to see USMB in headlines for having been a pollenation ground for the next politically motivated mass murder?

I have reported such posts in the past, but nothing is ever done. Clearly these kinds of statements are not considered to be against the rules.
Looks like you need to look up the difference between a threat and wishful thinking.......

He’s a statist turd and ought to be sent into the woods with a sniper close behind

Looks like you need to look up the difference between a threat and wishful thinking.......

To attempt to thread such a needle is participation in exactly the terroristic pollenation I am speaking about.

So, you're ok with democrats murdering full term babies?
Wrong place.
Takes a real psychopath to want to murder babies. Congratulations.
Wrong place that is not the topic solution.

So, you're ok with democrats murdering full term babies?
Wrong place.
Takes a real psychopath to want to murder babies. Congratulations.
Wrong place that is not the topic solution.
Murdering babies is not psychotic to you, but it is to civilized people.
Try looking in the mirror when you say that for no reason just because you have a need to feel smug and superior to at least the level of an ant.

To attempt to thread such a needle is participation in exactly the terroristic pollenation I am speaking about.
The law is composed of threading needles particularly where the 1st Amendment is concerned. I guess by your wacky standards all law makers, lawyers and judges are terrorists.......

What is interesting about what you say, is the Republicans have yet to take anyone out, even with Fake Bombs(if he was a Republican) while you guys have shot up Republican Congressmen at a ballfield, men in blue have been assassinated, and innocent kids at a country western event were gunned down. But dont worry we are keep score, and soon, all should even out....

b97.jpg

Just for general information, USMB moderation considers any threat of direct violence towards a member, a identifiable group or political leader seriously. It is NOT legal content on this site. However, the threats have to be clearly directed towards a particular member or political leader and specific.

If you report such content and "nothing is done", request a review with a couple mods in PM and discuss..
A lot of times, it might already have been handled after some delay..

P.S. I went back and check the Reports forum back an entire week and did not see a single report for the thread that was referenced in the OP.. We can't be reading all this crap post by post. That's not a realistic expectation unless you want us to buy some Google or Facebook "algorithms" tuned to speech we don't like...

If you're concerned and you want to help stop this -- you need to hit the report button...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back