This pisses me right the fuck off

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2009
Yuurmaam
Violette will keep his pension | The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram

AUGUSTA – The former executive director of the Maine Turnpike Authority may go to prison for stealing from the agency, but he will keep his state pension of $5,288.51 a month.

Paul Violette is scheduled to plead guilty to felony theft on Feb. 6. He faces as much as five years in prison as part of an agreement with the Attorney General's Office.

In many states, Violette also could lose his state pension. Maine, however, does not have a pension forfeiture law to penalize public employees who are convicted of violating the public trust.

I earn my money, but some bastard from some government still takes chunks of it away from me. He should forfeit.... Maine needs to address that in law.

Since he is a state employee, he does not get Social Security. If you are arrested for shoplifting, do you give up your social security?

This is bull shit , If my husband breaks the law he will have his military retirement taken away.. The way it should be

Where is that guy who don't know the difference between deserve an earn?

This guy EARNED his pension. He doesn't deserve it. At the very least, he doesn't deserve the pension up to the amount he stole.

Violette will keep his pension | The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram

AUGUSTA – The former executive director of the Maine Turnpike Authority may go to prison for stealing from the agency, but he will keep his state pension of $5,288.51 a month.

Paul Violette is scheduled to plead guilty to felony theft on Feb. 6. He faces as much as five years in prison as part of an agreement with the Attorney General's Office.

In many states, Violette also could lose his state pension. Maine, however, does not have a pension forfeiture law to penalize public employees who are convicted of violating the public trust.

got to love unions....

I earn my money, but some bastard from some government still takes chunks of it away from me. He should forfeit.... Maine needs to address that in law.

STFU-Stop_Posting.jpg

The pension was earned, the punishment is prison, parole and likely restitution.

He was convicted of this one bad act, how many others did he commit? It is my personal belief that when you violate the Public Trust you have commited a crime worthy of very harsh punishments. Forfeiture of the pension is proper, otherwise the punishment for government corruption is far too lenient.

got to love unions....

They had a time and place but now it's over.

It's what happens in a plea bargain. Want to hear a better (worse?) example? It was relatively unreported that high ranking FBI supervisor Robert Hanssen who lived a double life as a traitor also plea bargained. In exchange for a guilty plea and to avoid embarrassment to the FBI or his friend Director Louis Frieh Hanssen's wife gets a freaking widow's pension of $38,000 per year as if her scum traitor husband died in the line of duty instead of doing time in prison.

it is what it is and it sux but...its da laaaaaaaaaaw, hey OJ still got to keep his football pension after the goldman family won their civil suit, now that, blows....

Forum List

Back