This pisses me off

It would also say "morning chow", not breakfast.

We would just say "chow"
I miss those days --- ate DAMN GOOD onboard ship.
Especially in the Chief's Mess on the battleship.
There were 80 of us - we had our own cook, mess cranks, galley and reefer.
Steak and Lobster - on demand - any time !!!!

Pretty shitty rumor to start.

I know people are hating congress, and with good reason, but this is fucking low.

Well, you have to agree - Congress and their payraise... our boys and girls in uniform should have gotten a substantial one, vs. them.

I have looked into this further and I believe it's a hoax.
First off - the military wouldn't post a sign on a chow hall that says "We're closed for breakfast." That would have been all over the base WEEKS before it occurred and I am sure the Base COs would have addressed the issue with their troops long before it happened. Also - many of these "outposts" are being closed as we transition out of there. I read somewhere that MREs are taking the place of these places that are closed.

Its not a hoax.lf you read the thread where it claims it is a hoax it says they are FEEDING them MRE for breakfast. Why not give them the hot meal in the morning the MOST important meal of the day and give them the MRE for lunch. since they eat dinner just 3 hours later. I am sorry they should NOT have cut it back until the last soldier was out of that spot..

First off - the military wouldn't post a sign on a chow hall that says "We're closed for breakfast." That would have been all over the base WEEKS before it occurred and I am sure the Base COs would have addressed the issue with their troops long before it happened. Also - many of these "outposts" are being closed as we transition out of there. I read somewhere that MREs are taking the place of these places that are closed.

Its not a hoax.lf you read the thread where it claims it is a hoax it says they are FEEDING them MRE for breakfast. Why not give them the hot meal in the morning the MOST important meal of the day and give them the MRE for lunch. since they eat dinner just 3 hours later. I am sorry they should NOT have cut it back until the last soldier was out of that spot..

snopes.com: Military Breakfast

The pic that talks about it says Congress got a raise. There is your hint

snopes.com: Military Breakfast

When you serve, sometimes you get an extra helping of "fuckyou".

My first Christmas meal was in Bootcamp. It was cold ham on white bread. I grabbed a fork just so someone would have to wash it.

:badgrin:

The troops are being fed and will be fed. Never doubt that.

Yet, I can't help but chuckle.

"We didn't get a hot breakfast!" Back during my war, we didn't get hot meals at all until we came inside the wire. We existed on C-rations for weeks at a time and, during one long stretch of bad weather, got no resupply for a week and lived on what we could scrounge from the jungle or the local peasants. Nobody thought that odd or unusual...it was just part of soldiering.

WELL< I can honestly say - in 23 years - I never went hungry. Hell even at GQ for 12 hours a day, we were given box lunches - as shitty as they were - we always got fed.

I'm glad you served when there wasn't a dingbat CIC.

Carter was Prez when I joined. Man, did those years suck. Underpaid, low morale, drugs, ships at piers rotting, gangs.

Things got exceptionally better when he left, but fell to shit again when Clinton was elected. He loathed us and the feeling was mutual, believe me.

Right wingers will believe ANYTHING if they think the bullshit they believe will make this President look bad. Sick mutta fukers are what you right wingers are. Sick.

I'm glad you served when there wasn't a dingbat CIC.

Carter was Prez when I joined. Man, did those years suck. Underpaid, low morale, drugs, ships at piers rotting, gangs.

Things got exceptionally better when he left, but fell to shit again when Clinton was elected. He loathed us and the feeling was mutual, believe me.

My hubby said this the whole 25 years he was in ,if a liberal is in office the military gets fucked and not in the fun way LOL .

Forum List

Back