This nonsense is about to stop...

Don't you guys know? Only anger about taxes and deficits are allowed in this country. Only anger about abortion and gays? Only anger about fictitious Mosques on Ground Zero(two blocks away does not equal ground zero, nor does a community center equal a mosque)?

Only the Conservative agenda is worthy of protestation, and that protestation can only be on a Saturday with FOX News covering the whole thing and must be the equivalent of a Tent Revival.

In short... true dissent has gone by the wayside. Courage under fear of arrest and detention is now cowardice.
TankMan - Tiananmen Square Protests (with John Lennon) - YouTube

You can be angry about any goddamned thing you want. What you CAN'T do is camp overnight in public parks because you're angry. You can't deny use of those parks to the REST of the public by your desire to build a tent city. You can't create a public health hazard with your lack of sanitation. You can't deny businesses in the area the ability to operate. You can't harass little children on the way to school.

Protest any goddamned thing you want, but DON'T think that your right to protest supercedes MY right to live my life peaceably. The sun does not rise and set in your asshole, the universe does not revolve around you and your pissy little grievances, and the sooner you and all those spoiled children in big, dirty, adult bodies out on Wall Street learn that, the better off the whole country will be.

Looks like something struck a nerve!:clap2:

Learn the difference between "striking a nerve" and "being offensive". Only adolescents - and those who have never matured past that point - believe that being a nuisance and making people angry is somehow a measure of how meaningful they are.

You can be angry about any goddamned thing you want. What you CAN'T do is camp overnight in public parks because you're angry. You can't deny use of those parks to the REST of the public by your desire to build a tent city. You can't create a public health hazard with your lack of sanitation. You can't deny businesses in the area the ability to operate. You can't harass little children on the way to school.

Protest any goddamned thing you want, but DON'T think that your right to protest supercedes MY right to live my life peaceably. The sun does not rise and set in your asshole, the universe does not revolve around you and your pissy little grievances, and the sooner you and all those spoiled children in big, dirty, adult bodies out on Wall Street learn that, the better off the whole country will be.

Looks like something struck a nerve!:clap2:

Of course it struck a nerve, you clod. Don't you have any speck of decency for others?

I assume that's a rhetorical question.

Damn. you beat me to it. They only can see what they wealthy will let them see when they let them pull their head out of their *ssh*les.
Kiss the rich butts. Their idea of American values.

Those rich butts provide jobs.

Keep believing all they tell you. You are such a nice little follower and butt kisser.

How many jobs have you gotten out of those filthy, disease-ridden OWS slobs whose butts YOU'RE kissing, dimwit?

The Captains of Wall Street are Liberals. They donate more to Libs than Cons

They donate nothing to liberals. They SOMETIMES donate more to Democrats than to Republicans. That is NOT the same thing.

I agree; the terms became confused in the thread for several reasons.
It is true that they give more to liberal causes, by far than to conserrvative ones.But they generally are liberals in much greater numbers than conservatives. It's their upbringing, education, and social environment. Even General Eelectric Corporation (a manufacturing corporation becoming more and more a financial corporation) is being run by a Liberal, and close confidant of the Obama Administration.

Last edited:
AH:

Please define what you mean by "liberal" and "conservative." Thanks.

AH:

Please define what you mean by "liberal" and "conservative." Thanks.

Thanks but no thanks, I don't want the discussion to devolve into all that which leads to charges that "one" doesn't understand their own philosophy, that being me. The meaning of the term has changed over the centuries since its first use in Ancient Rome where parties and philoshophies were attendant, beginning with the first democratic representative republic and the model for our own.

The usual modern description for the first conservatives of Rome would've been "reactionary," and they might have been that, but they gave in to the Plebs in the Plebeian revolt giving them the vote, and that was just 15 years after the founding of the Republic.

Last edited:
The Captains of Wall Street are Liberals. They donate more to Libs than Cons

They donate nothing to liberals. They SOMETIMES donate more to Democrats than to Republicans. That is NOT the same thing.

It is true that they give more to liberal causes, by far than to conserrvative ones.But they generally are liberals in much greater numbers than conservatives. It's their upbringing, education, and social environment. Even General Eelectric Corporation (a manufacturing corporation becoming more and more a financial corporation) is being run by a Liberal, and close confidant of the Obama Administration.

You keep using that word "liberal", I do not think that word means what you think it means.

yeah to hell with the people , up with the police state.

man we are recovering and you want them beat out of the public square

37924d1183248848-fedors-retarded-brother-question-retard.jpg.w300h341.jpg

too bad america is now anti revolutionary

Why is Obama not on TV right now giving these Mayors hell about kicking the OWS'rs out of these parks? I will tell you why, because the idiot finally figured out that endorsing these spoiled little shitheads was a bad idea and it's hurting his poll numbers. I would not put it past him to actually have called these mayors and tell them to kick these people out asap. And on the same note, pelosi endorsed them as well, where is her outrage? Not to be found, the same people who encouraged this have found out it is hurting them and now behind closed doors are calling for it to end. The unions who where everywhere on TV when this started, not to be found now. Hmmmmmmm. Maybe your outrage should be at YOUR president, not the police.

You keep using that word "liberal", I do not think that word means what you think it means.
I think I know who the liberals are in American society. But do you have a brief definition that supports your contention that my own concept is inadequate?

Don't you guys know? Only anger about taxes and deficits are allowed in this country. Only anger about abortion and gays? Only anger about fictitious Mosques on Ground Zero(two blocks away does not equal ground zero, nor does a community center equal a mosque)?

Only the Conservative agenda is worthy of protestation, and that protestation can only be on a Saturday with FOX News covering the whole thing and must be the equivalent of a Tent Revival.

In short... true dissent has gone by the wayside. Courage under fear of arrest and detention is now cowardice.

Communist song, communist singer. John lennon was an asshole.

Thanks but no thanks, I don't want the discussion to devolve into all that which leads to charges that "one" doesn't understand their own philosophy, that being me.

Actually, I was trying to avoid that. I assume that you do understand your own philosophy, and that the lack of understanding lies with me, in that I have no clue what you mean by those terms -- since you quite obviously DON'T mean the words' standing and common meanings.

Going by those standard and common meanings, your statement that financial corporations give more to liberals than to conservatives, or that they mostly are liberals, is nonsensical gobbledegook and self-evidently wrong. I assumed in the beginning that you were using "liberal" and "conservative" as a sloppy way of saying "Democratic" and "Republican," respectively, which is fairly common. Since Wall Street does occasionally give more to Democratic than to Republican candidates (although not consistently), that modification would make your statement true at least some of the time.

Your response to this post, however, showed that the parties isn't what you mean, and I am left in the dark about what you are talking about.

So it's not that I think YOU don't understand your philosophy. It's that I don't understand it -- because by the normal meanings of the words you are using, it's gibberish -- and so I am asking you to define your terms. I promise not to play "gotcha," but I do reserve the right to replace the words you are using with ones more appropriate to the meaning you intend.

If you think this will stop the movement, you are in for an unpleasant surprise.

Maybe it will send the incompetents back to Mom's basement.

If you go on confusing your stereotypes and stupid jokes with reality, you are in for an unpleasant surprise.

Just as you were surprised when the movement first made its appearance. You believed that the left was so defunct that only the right could generate populist movements.

Just as you were surprised when it didn't evaporate in a few days.

Just as you were surprised when it didn't blow away as the weather turned colder.

Just as you were surprised when it expanded beyond New York.

Living in a bubble has advantages for peace of mind, but a fact-based approach does improve your chances of not being unpleasantly surprised. For example, I am NOT surprised by this crackdown.

But you will be when Occupy events continue to happen.

Trust me, I really hope they do continue, and I hope they spread to every city and state, because all it is doing is hurting the Democrats in the polls. Id you see yesterdays poll? Obama now has lower approval ratings at this point in his administration than Jimmy Carter did. He made a huge tactical error endorsing this movement. I love it, keep the hate going until November 2012 you dumbasses, keep it fired up!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

I think I know who the liberals are in American society. But do you have a brief definition that supports your contention that my own concept is inadequate?

Your definition of Liberal seems to be everyone but you, there is no fixing that level of propaganda poisoning.

:clap2:
One of the best posts I have seen on this board, kudos!

Steelplate, listen to this again, please. Dissent is fine in America by both sides of an agenda. But both have to play by the rules, not just OUR side.

Arrest comes when you don't follow the laws.

And if both sides would be more objective, more cohesive this country would be. Let's not use our freedoms to lose our freedoms.

Both sides being objective? That's a laugh. anytime someone does not agree with your side, you label them Communists, Marxists and the like.

You defend to the hilt the Corporate greed that is causing our economic woes and the "conservative policies" that got us in this pickle. I openly criticize Dems failings... Clinton was wrong with NAFTA(which was a GOP bill, BTW), Obama is wrong with this Newest Free Trade Agreement(South Korea)... these types of deals hurt the American Worker that has already been decimated by outsourcing and "bottom line-ing) by huge American Corporations who only care about their bonuses and profiteering. Furthermore, I am for welfare reform and am pro 2nd Amendment.

While I agree that there are Progressives that tow the party line on every issue, the majority of us are very much free thinkers. Judging this forum... Conservatives are towing the same party line and applauding the policies that have our country a shadow of it's former self and have the rest of the globe slowly turning against us. The policy of "it's my way or the highway".

Sorry.... I choose neither your way OR the highway. I prefer an America that realizes that they are not the only country that matters in the area of foreign policy, and that our workers don't matter in the area of domestic policy. When over 50% of our population can't (or barely can) afford to live in their own country. I happen to feel our country is better than that.

BTW... the guy with the tanks in China? Executed... fuckin' criminal

Spending more than the government takes in got us into this pickle, not corporate greed. Are the corporations greedy when they hire millions of people and give them jobs and a lifestyle to support there families with?

Forum List

Back