This new "Joker" movie better have good music in it! Pop songs too!

Wintw

Silver Member
Jul 31, 2016
This new "Joker" movie better have good music in it! Pop songs too! Some version of the Charlie Chaplin song "Smile" is used in the previews so I hope that that is in it as it is a classic! My go to version for that is by Michael Jackson off of his hybrid compilation of new song and greatest hits released in the year 1995 entitled "HIStory: Past, Present, And Future - BOOK I"! It was also performed by brother Jernaine at his funeral. I am not sure but it does not seem like new songs have really done much for comic book films in the past twenty years since they really took off. Pop ones that is. Maybe I should check their soundtracks out a bit more. I always think back to when PRINCE did the soundtrack to the 1989 Tim Burton film for "Batman I" as the last really great soundtrack for a comic book film. The one before that being at least the theme song for Christopher Reeve's "Superman" films.

Only one Prince song was used in the 89 Batman. The rest of the music was all Danny Elfman.

This new "Joker" movie better have good music in it! Pop songs too! Some version of the Charlie Chaplin song "Smile" is used in the previews so I hope that that is in it as it is a classic! My go to version for that is by Michael Jackson off of his hybrid compilation of new song and greatest hits released in the year 1995 entitled "HIStory: Past, Present, And Future - BOOK I"! It was also performed by brother Jernaine at his funeral. I am not sure but it does not seem like new songs have really done much for comic book films in the past twenty years since they really took off. Pop ones that is. Maybe I should check their soundtracks out a bit more. I always think back to when PRINCE did the soundtrack to the 1989 Tim Burton film for "Batman I" as the last really great soundtrack for a comic book film. The one before that being at least the theme song for Christopher Reeve's "Superman" films.

:eusa_whistle:

• Banned
'tis funny and good! No relation to the fact China own a bunch of our theaters in the U.S., right? :) Anwho, they distinguished the Danny Elfman release as the "Original Motion Picture Soundtrack" (which was amazing) and PRINCE's as the "Motion Picture Soundtrack" which I thought was weird at the time because I did not know about the other one for a bit. With that said "Truth" was used in one scene and I believe "Scandalous" was used in the closing credits...AND with all of that said PRINCE's release used quite a number of dialogue samples so if it was minimally used it certainly gave you the feeling of it being related to the movie none the less.

With all of that said I have seen the track listing for the "JOKER" soundtrack and it appears to have no pop songs on it and no "Smile" which at this time appears to suck but we shall see I guess, eh? Not sure what to think of music being used in previews/trailers that is not used in the movie. What do you all think of that?

Forum List

Back