This needs to be posted and watched again, and again and again...

UPDATE:

Senate passes $4.3 Billion first responder bill.

The U.S. Senate approved legislation to help those who responded to the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in New York City.

The path for approval by voice vote was secured earlier today when Senate Republicans agreed to drop their opposition to the legislation after changes were made to it.

Senate Passes $4.3 Billion Health-Care Bill for Sept. 11 First Responders - Bloomberg

It's a bit less than was originally proposed, but I'm satisfied with it.

Glad the Republicans decided to finally see reason on the subject.

UPDATE:

The U.S. Senate approved legislation to help those who responded to the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in New York City.

The path for approval by voice vote was secured earlier today when Senate Republicans agreed to drop their opposition to the legislation after changes were made to it.

Senate Passes $4.3 Billion Health-Care Bill for Sept. 11 First Responders - Bloomberg

um, you mean the democrats saw reason
and gave in to what the gop wanted

UPDATE:

that's correct, squeeze every last drop and used these people politically, that's so damn cool of you. Wonder why the heros of Oklahoma City don't qualify? Oh! that's right. they just did what they did without expecting to squeeze the taxpayer.

um, you mean the democrats saw reason
and gave in to what the gop wanted

No, I don't mean that.

I mean that the GOP was stating that this entire legislation was un-needed.

And now they are unanimously behind it because they lowered the total amount from 7 billion to 5 billion.

As you can clearly see from Willow's last comment:

that's correct, squeeze every last drop and used these people politically, that's so damn cool of you. Wonder why the heros of Oklahoma City don't qualify? Oh! that's right. they just did what they did without expecting to squeeze the taxpayer.

Last edited:
They still would have gotten a better bill had they either done their jobs years ago or waited 2 weeks for the new congress to give it the attention that no one cared to give it now.

Actually, I'm pretty confused as to why they didn't bring this out before the election.

It would have been a useful tool to use politically against the Republicans, if they didn't support it.

Of course that would have been nasty and underhanded of the Dems to do, but they are politicians after all.

Yeah, if they wanted to use it for political capital, before the elections would have been the way to go, so I'm thinking that they put it in the "Lame Duck" session just so they could do the right thing and get it passed.

Last edited:
Weiner melting down? Yes, that's funny.

Yes, getting mad about people refusing to help 9/11 heroes is "melting down".

Maybe in your little partisan universe, where everything is about politics.

Leftwingfarter,

What your missing is that the bill that's being rammed thru by the silly fucker weenie is loaded with pork and is not allowed to be discussed and trimmed down.....THAT IS THE ISSUE AND BEING PREVENTED FROM DOING SO IS DRIVING THE SILLY FUCKER BALLISTIC !!!!

Leftwingfarter,

What your missing is that the bill that's being rammed thru by the silly fucker weenie is loaded with pork and is not allowed to be discussed and trimmed down.....THAT IS THE ISSUE AND BEING PREVENTED FROM DOING SO IS DRIVING THE SILLY FUCKER BALLISTIC !!!!

Great. Perhaps you'd like to point out for us the specific "pork" that is in the bill? I posted it a few pages back, and... not seeing any pork.

Forum List

Back