This Must Be A Great Budget Deal

this deal is stupid. It only cuts 7 bil the first year...and we spend 4 bil a day!!!! This is so stupid. We then have a commission in november, and if they dont come to a solution they cut our military automatically. This is a terrible "deal" and it shouldnt pass.

It is what it is...the best we could hope for while only controlling one house.

Perception is everything.

This deal makes Obama look weak and the Democrats look weak.

It has framed to 2012 debate...Tax and Spend liberals vs. Cut and live within our means conservatives.

If we overplay our hand and go past the deadline, the liberals will blame us for the Obama economy.

Better to take a smaller victory...than be blamed for Obama's dismal failure rejuvenating the economic situation.

Quite the opposite really. For all of the Republicans posturing and "firm stances", in the end they are set to agree on a bill that accomplishes nothing. Voting for this bill may do to Republicans what obamacare did to Democrats.

Nobody thus far has been able to spin this into anything short of capitulation by Obama and the Democrats.

By tonight we'll have some solid poll numbers to cement this perception.

we are going to increase the debt by 10 tril in 10 years, but SPENDING is projected to be FORTY TRILLION in the next 10 years. this "deal" is a fucking joke.

It is a joke.

The cuts are a small drop in a very large bucket. A bucket that just keep growing and growing.

Apparantly math isn't the strong suite for our idiotic elected officials.

Even money the "cuts" are off the baseline.

Even money that no cuts are ever made.

The spending culture is firmly entrenched in ALL who are in Congress at this very minute. Do not reelect ANY of them to another term. We should send Obama to a small Pacific island with no communication devices and a nuclear radiation warning to all passing ships.

I don't think the Tea Party is going to blink on this. The Democrats need to consider spending cuts and a balanced budget are common sense things the American public want. When your base is the entitlement crowd, it is understandably a tough vote to make.

There are no real cuts, so Tea Party haven't achieve much.

At the other hand, anything that will piss off the Liberals is a good thing.

Ame®icano;3940952 said:
I don't think the Tea Party is going to blink on this. The Democrats need to consider spending cuts and a balanced budget are common sense things the American public want. When your base is the entitlement crowd, it is understandably a tough vote to make.

There are no real cuts, so Tea Party haven't achieve much.

At the other hand, anything that will piss off the Liberals is a good thing.

I don't know, it shows what the Democrats and Republicans are really offering. That is a good achievement.

I agree about the cuts.

Does anyone think any of them will actually be made??

we are going to increase the debt by 10 tril in 10 years, but SPENDING is projected to be FORTY TRILLION in the next 10 years. this "deal" is a fucking joke.

It is a joke.

The cuts are a small drop in a very large bucket. A bucket that just keep growing and growing.

But, but, but......the OP is proud of the deal the TP made to get there.

LOLOL,

the CBO score just came out, first year savings...

...21 billion.

LOLOL.

Now I'm not picking on you but I do find it interesting that Obama and many Dems are like "HELL NO!!!" because, and get this... because it cuts too much... Meaning that "LOL 21billion" you're talking about should be less, maybe much less to Dems.

However I agree with you, it is a joke. To bad we can't have the Rand Paul budget that was put up months ago that in 5 years leaves us with a surplus... No Dems wanted it I guess.

The GOP and the tea party brought this on themselves with their no-compromise position on taxes.

It is a joke.

But, but, but......the OP is proud of the deal the TP made to get there.

Yep, and Democrats apparently think $6B is too much in cuts.

Great deal. Just as stimulus was. Economy grew 0.4% in the first and 1.3 in the second quarter. Unemployment at 9.2%, gas prices close to $4 a gallon... Excellent job!

It's amazing that they got the deal they did with only control of the House and Obama decrying gloom and doom every night from his bully pulpit.

Forum List

Back