This mindset is racist to me, is racist to you?

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
Blacks need welfare, affirmative action, gov't assistance, hiring quotas.

As a white guy growing up in the inner city, I was taught that pitying blacks because they're black is immoral. I think my parents got it right.

Sounds to me a lot like the mindset some slaveowners had, that blacks need to be owned as slaves because they can't handle freedom or living on their own/independence.

Edit: title should be is IT racist to you?

As a white guy growing up in the inner city, I was taught that pitying blacks because they're black is immoral. I think my parents got it right.

Sounds to me a lot like the mindset some slaveowners had, that blacks need to be owned as slaves because they can't handle freedom or living on their own/independence.

If you're black and living of govt. cheese then no it would not be racist.

It however is a very effective plan for the Democratic party to buy votes.

But it isn't racist because they are just "helping". :eusa_whistle:

"Blacks need welfare, affirmative action, gov't assistance, hiring quotas."

Clarification, please.

Is the point to focus on blacks only...or don't you know that it is a characteristic of human nature to be pleased to get something for nothing?

As a resident of the Big Apple, I'm guessing that these are mostly white folks:

"At 300 East 23rd Street in the exclusive Gramercy Park neighborhood of Manhattan, where to get into parts of the park you need a key granted just to residents, a new 98-unit luxury apartment complex has been built with an outdoor movie theater and panoramic city views. The problem is that not enough buyers are coughing up the $820,000 to $3 million the project’s developers are asking for the privilege to own a unit in the building. But don’t worry, the Obama administration is coming to the rescue. Last December, the Federal Housing Administration loosened its financing rules so that U.S. taxpayers would have the honor of backing loans with downpayments as low as 3.5%. Now rich Manhattanites can better afford condos in buildings with pet spas, concierges and rooftop lounges like the one in Gramercy Park, all on the taxpayers’ dime."
Morning Bell: End Crony Capitalism

I recommend “A Nation of Moochers,” by Charles J. Sykes.

But most people on "welfare " are white.

In bulk numbers yes, but that's because 75% of the United States population is white. When expressed as a percentage of each demographic there is a higher percentage of blacks on welfare than whites.

dear fucking IDIOT,

black people have needed help because racist fucks exsist.

pretend all you wnat no one is racists but it is a fucking fact

dear fucking IDIOT,

Yes racists exist, it's sad that in 2012 people still use the racial slur Oreo.

I'm sorry you pity blacks solely because of their skin color, very sad.

Although I do find it amusing that Democrats love to point out that the poverty rate among blacks is way higher than among whites...they'll express that as a percentage, but when it comes to welfare they want to express it in bulk numbers and point out that more whites are on welfare than blacks. Typical.

If you're black and living of govt. cheese then no it would not be racist.

But they don't need the chz because they're black.

dear fucking IDIOT,

Why do they need help? Minorities have civil rights laws on their side. The left goes far beyond "helping" blacks by treating them as if they can't succeed on their own. Good lord, look how a successful black man like Herman Cain gets treated by the left. No, the left wants them to feel dowtrodden and helpless so they can pander to them as their savior in exchange for votes. And that my dear TDM is what is RACIST.

Your a pack of butt pirates lying right into the face pof facts

Damn, first racial slurs, now homophobic slurs, is there anything you won't stoop to saying on an anonymous message board TM?

When your panties are in a wad you accidentally show your true colors.

I'm focusing on the word need. That word makes the statement INACCURATE. Whether or not it is racist depends on a lot more info that is not stated in the original post. What is the full context of the statement around this? What is the specific point that the speaker is trying to make?

If the overall point is "Blacks have needed welfare, affirmative action, gov't assistance, and hiring quotas to offset the socio-economic damage done by centuries of slave economy, followed by decades of segregation, denied or diminished employment and lack of access to quality public education" it would not be a racist statement. And by putting it in the past tense it would also now be a correct statement. Whether or not blacks as a group STILL need welfare, affirmative action, gov't assistance, and hiring quotas to offset the socio-economic damage is pretty much a matter of debate and probably will be for some time.

But if the overall point is "Blacks are not capable of succeeding without welfare, affirmative action, gov't assistance, and hiring quotas to offset the socio-economic damage....", that would be incorrect and possibly racist.. Just my opinion.

Forum List

Back