This memorial 3 day weekend...cookout...beer...relaxation...freedom.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
What better way to remember those who have fallen, and given the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms than to enjoy those freedoms?
There are a lot of threads here and elsewhere berating people because "you just think this is an extra day off!!"..."you think it is about picnics!!"
Pheh...I refuse to believe that those veterans would really want us to spend the whole weekend sitting in dark rooms and crying for them. Nor do I believe they want us to be sad and gloomy this weekend.
I don't forget what they did. I never will. I show it by voting, I show it by paying taxes to maintain what they sacrificed for, I show it by being a productive, patriotic citizen of this great country everyday.
I do think about what they did. I have read countless books about American war stories and watched dozens of documentaries and have thought a lot about them.

So yes. I will enjoy this extended weekend. I will drink a few more beers than normal, and we will cook up a few steaks and sausages with friends.
Here's to you guys....cheers. :beer:

Or you could spend every waking moment trolling the net trying to find dirt on GOP hopefuls in order
to help your Queen ascend to the throne...

Or you could spend every waking moment trolling the net trying to find dirt on GOP hopefuls in order
to help your Queen ascend to the throne...

Or you can take your head out of your ass when you realize the last person on earth I would vote for is Hillary Clinton. She is a crook. Pure and simple.
And I am as conservative as you get. Especially economics and family values.
No one who knows me even a little would accuse me of being liberal.

See my signature??
I have had that up for months on end.
Even know what that is?

Too many people have forgotten what Memorial Day is really about

I never have. But I won't spend it being solemn.
The best "funeral" I have ever attended was not a funeral. I made a thread about a couple years ago. The family instead had a huge cookout with lots of people. It was a celebration of Dave's life. Everyone had the opportunity to stand up and say anything they wanted, funny stories encouraged.
And THAT is exactly what I want when I die. There will be plenty of tears at first, but I want laughter and appreciative thoughts thereafter.

Too many people have forgotten what Memorial Day is really about

I never have. But I won't spend it being solemn.
The best "funeral" I have ever attended was not a funeral. I made a thread about a couple years ago. The family instead had a huge cookout with lots of people. It was a celebration of Dave's life. Everyone had the opportunity to stand up and say anything they wanted, funny stories encouraged.
And THAT is exactly what I want when I die. There will be plenty of tears at first, but I want laughter and appreciative thoughts thereafter.

Sounds like an Irish wake

What better way to remember those who have fallen, and given the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms than to enjoy those freedoms?
There are a lot of threads here and elsewhere berating people because "you just think this is an extra day off!!"..."you think it is about picnics!!"
Pheh...I refuse to believe that those veterans would really want us to spend the whole weekend sitting in dark rooms and crying for them. Nor do I believe they want us to be sad and gloomy this weekend.
I don't forget what they did. I never will. I show it by voting, I show it by paying taxes to maintain what they sacrificed for, I show it by being a productive, patriotic citizen of this great country everyday.
I do think about what they did. I have read countless books about American war stories and watched dozens of documentaries and have thought a lot about them.

So yes. I will enjoy this extended weekend. I will drink a few more beers than normal, and we will cook up a few steaks and sausages with friends.

Other than the beer drinking, I will also enjoy myself this weekend.

But, not until after I have paid my respects to those that have passed on.

Other than the beer drinking, I will also enjoy myself this weekend.

But, not until after I have paid my respects to those that have passed on.
I can't they are buried so far away.. So I bong in honor of them...Using this moment to break the law to show us the freedoms we don't have....

Of the six squadron mates I lost, 5 of them were good friends. None of the six lived beyond their 20's. Looking back over the last 30 years, I realize how much life they lost. I think of them often but on this weekend, their memory is a solemn reminder of the sacrifice so many have given.

Family coming over, smoking some chickens, and ribs, making homemade ice cream, and enjoying the freedoms that those who served gave to me.

God bless our troops, all gave some, some gave all.

Forum List

Back