This May Be the Only Known Recording of Frida Kahlo’s Voice

Why are we suddenly being directed to care about an obscure singer from the third world? Not referring to your post...but this is being pushed as a significant event by the elites all over the media.

What? Because we haven't heard her voice.

She was an artist. She was married to Diego Rivera. Had an affair with Trotsky. Spent most of her life in extreme pain due to a bus accident where railing went through her pelvis.

Ahh Diego Rivera. So she was a communist...now I see why the big push in the anti-Trump media and intelligentsia. Todays Democrats dont even try and hide their communist hero worship any more which is another positive development coming from Trumps election.

Ahh Emmanuel Goldstein. So you're a useful idiot. Why are we not surprised.

Why are we suddenly being directed to care about an obscure singer from the third world? Not referring to your post...but this is being pushed as a significant event by the elites all over the media.

She was an artist. She was married to Diego Rivera. Had an affair with Trotsky. Spent most of her life in extreme pain due to a bus accident where railing went through her pelvis.

Ahh Diego Rivera. So she was a communist...now I see why the big push in the anti-Trump media and intelligentsia. Todays Democrats dont even try and hide their communist hero worship any more which is another positive development coming from Trumps election.
:rolleyes: There were lots of communists back then. Can't we just talk about something beyond Trump/the Democrats and a bunch of BS?

She wasn't that 'great'. Her popularity was based on her being a Commie when that was considered 'avant Garde' among idiots and con artists of that era. Most of the art world is fraud, fakery, and fashion victimhood, and they all sucked up to rich oligarch morons, which is odd for supposed 'revolutionaries'.
Your art is so much better.

I don't think that's Frida Kahlo's voice, it sounds too modern , like it was recorded today, like a professional news reader or announcer, you know what I mean?

But......we can keep on hoping LOL.

:rolleyes: There were lots of communists back then. Can't we just talk about something beyond Trump/the Democrats and a bunch of BS?

So we will talk about whatever communist icon the Democrats/press offer up? I was just wondering what her import was. None of us ever heard a song she sang, saw a picture she painted or read a word she wrote.
It should be understood, I guess, that the press and liberal intelligentsia will slavishly follow whatever fad they see as being directed by the most liberal celebrities. Few of them really know who she is either in all likelihood. They just know the cool people like her.

Agenda setting theory

So we will talk about whatever communist icon the Democrats/press offer up? I was just wondering what her import was. None of us ever heard a song she sang, saw a picture she painted or read a word she wrote.
It should be understood, I guess, that the press and liberal intelligentsia will slavishly follow whatever fad they see as being directed by the most liberal celebrities. Few of them really know who she is either in all likelihood. They just know the cool people like her.

Agenda setting theory

DOTR. I had heard of Frida Kahlo. I have seen her paintings. You know, there are other interesting people out there.

Agenda setting theory

^^ Butthurt to be the only one in the room who's never heard of Frida Kahlo theory. And still thinks she was a "singer".

I first heard about Frida Kahlo from one of Paulo Coelho's books. Then I started reading some of her poems.

Thanks for these nice references you got here!

I first heard about Frida Kahlo from one of Paulo Coelho's books. Then I started reading some of her poems.

Thanks for these nice references you got here!

We just missed her birthday a few days ago. Keep meaning to put up a thread for her but it gets busy.

Forum List

Back