CDZ This man could be POTUS...He's clearly better than the one we have

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
Just watched James Lankford speak on CNN for a second time. The first time was an interview he did with Jim Sciutto. This time he did an interview with Anderson Cooper. It perhaps helped that he had two outstanding reporters, men who themselves are highly professional, who bring "portfolio" to everything they do. Lankford clearly do too in both interviews.

If Lankford continues to perform as responsibly and maturely as he did in those two interviews -- both had to do with intelligence related matters -- I can see that man becoming POTUS. Depending on whom he might have to run against, I could even see myself voting for him, although whether I were to vote for him or not, I don't think I'd be fearful of him being POTUS. That's something I have never thought about Donald Trump.

From tonight's interview:
Cooper: Asked whether Lankford thinks the sequence of events -- Yates' attys. sends letter stating that Yates will testify in the House Intelligence Committee (HIC) about matters pertaining to Gen. Flynn and that exec doesn't apply then the hearing is cancelled -- are coincidental.
Lankford: "I don't know. Obviously, what's happening on the House side of it...all the controversy surrounding Nunes is a distraction."

Cooper: According to Rep. Heinz, the HIC isn't even having regular meetings now.
Lankford: "That's too bad. The Senate Intelligence Committee (SIC) meets multiple times a week.

Cooper: For the SIC, how critical is it that it truly is bipartisan? You know, when you see the questions the HIC has had, all the Reps. ask about leaks, all the Dems. ask about Russia. It's like it's two different hearings, and now, it's just completely broken down.
Lankford: Now that's getting into just pure politics. It is essential that an investigation like this is non-partisan....It's not a partisan issue.

Cooper: I assume you've not seen the documentation Nunes has described. Is that something you'd want to see?
Lankford: Yes. I have not seen what Nunes has "brought out." It'd be most responsible to share it with his committee first so that everyone there can see it first, and then share it with our committee as well.

Cooper: Asked for his thoughts on the dysfunctional nature of the how the HIC is being managed.
Lankford: It is essential that the two leads on the HIC work together. Our Chairman and Vice Chairman work hand-in-hand so one always knows what the other is doing and thinking. When that doesn't happen, it's an erosion of trust.​

Sen. Lankford's answers were delivered in measured tones and they were reasonable. He didn't "play dumb" like Nunes did this evening when asked about whether he'd continue to lead the HIC's investigation. For the most part, he provided direct answers to the questions he was asked, and the answers he provided made sense, that is, they don't bid critical thinkers listening to them to suspend disbelief in order to accept their veracity or validity.

Sen. Lankford comported himself admirably. He didn't attack anyone. He didn't go on the defensive. He didn't complain, play the victim or levy blame. He didn't throw out unfounded speculations. He didn't offer faulty or false dichotomies/analogies/comparisons. He didn't remark upon that about which he was ill or under informed. He didn't present as emotional, nor did he have any emotional outbursts.

The Senator was very professional, sincere and polished; it was clear he is thoroughly knowledgeable on the matters he was discussing and that he came to the interview prepared. Exactly what a person holding high elected office should be. Most importantly, the man seemed to be one in whom one can confidently place their trust. The man behaved and responded to the questions like a grown-up of integrity does.

That is the kind of person who needs to run for POTUS. Regardless of whether one agrees with all his stances from a political standpoint, one can immediately tell he's responsible, takes his job/duty seriously and that he's not a clown. He delivered his "elevator chat" with the gravitas any principal should. It'll be interesting to see how he does on more subjective matters.

One caveat:
I don't know what he management model is for the SIC. In his capacity on the SIC, he's a rank and file senator. It may well be that the "majority leaf beater" role is played by the leadership rather than the "worker bees," thus he may not be burdened with being anything other than objective and professional.​

This stump could be POTUS...It's clearly better than the one we have

5176846.jpg

Who??!??

That unknown bozo has as much chance of being president as ANYONE on this board! :laugh:

Trump won because he's a master at reading the country's mood, has charisma, and is AMERICA first!! :iagree: :salute: :welcome:

The House Intel Committee suffers because it has to have democrats on it.....they know there was no collusion...they know obama and his minions broke the law by releasing the names of Americans...after breaking the law and surveilling them.....so the Republicans on the committee have to deal with democrats with no interest in finding the truth.....

The Senate....this guy is another hack.....he is a politician and shouldn't be trusted......too often Senate republicans are more interested in being liked by the press, and in order for that to happen, they have to roll over for morons like this guy....

I hope this man who "Comported himself admirably" will also be looking at this.....

Circa: Obama Intel Changes Could Have Allowed NSA Intercepts Of Americans To Fall Victim To 'Political Espionage'

Carter and Solomon decided to look into the regulations regarding NSA surveillance, which were changed under Obama that allowed unmasking of American caught through incidental collection to possibly become victim to political games.

As "admirable" as his comportment on a television interview with friendly left wing journalists was....I doubt he will be leading the effort at actually finding the truth....

The ACLU, an ally of Obama on many issues, issued a statement a few months ago warning that the president’s loosened procedures governing who could request or see unmasked American intercepts by the NSA were “grossly inadequate” and lacked “appropriate safeguards.”

Nunes, the House intelligence panel chairman who was not interviewed for this story, alleged in the last week he has received evidence that Obama administration political figures gained access to unmasked American identities through foreign intercepts involving the Trump transition team between November and January.

I heard Joe Manchin, WV, a couple times and I like him, too. Very moderate, very willing to work across the aisle. He looks a little like a woodchuck, but he's got a good heart. I don't know much about him and I doubt he's a super smooth speaker like Lankford, but I like what I've seen.

Patriot Act brat. No thanks.
I could never defend someone that will put security over freedom or liberty. Especially putting that faith in our bloated bureaucracy

I could never defend someone that will put security over freedom or liberty. Especially putting that faith in our bloated bureaucracy
You're like Mikey on the Life cereal commercial. Get Mikey to try it. Mikey hates everything.

You're like Mikey on the Life cereal commercial. Get Mikey to try it. Mikey hates everything.
I am far from hating everything. I just have standards and priorities. And not losing liberty to a bunch of XXXXXXXXX that dont give 2 XXXXX about me is on the top of that list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who??!??

That unknown bozo has as much chance of being president as ANYONE on this board! :laugh:

Trump won because he's a master at reading the country's mood, has charisma, and is AMERICA first!! :iagree: :salute: :welcome:

The next election isn't until 2020. How well known today does anyone who'll run in it need be?

I am far from hating everything. I just have standards and priorities. And not losing liberty to a bunch of assholes that dont give 2 shits about me is on the top of that list.
Name me one person in Washington that you LIKE/support/haven't got a big beef with.

I am far from hating everything. I just have standards and priorities. And not losing liberty to a bunch of assholes that dont give 2 shits about me is on the top of that list.
Name me one person in Washington that you LIKE/support/haven't got a big beef with.
rand paul would you like more?

Who??!??

The next election isn't until 2020. How well known today does anyone who'll run in it need be?

What? The 2018 elections don't count? The POTUS vote certainly isn't until 2020, but there is a lot more damage that the Dems are going to cause themselves in the interim if they don't start listening to their constituents.

I am far from hating everything. I just have standards and priorities. And not losing liberty to a bunch of XXXXXXXXX that dont give 2 XXXXX about me is on the top of that list.
didn't notice this was the CDZ sorry!

didn't notice this was the CDZ sorry!

No worries. I fixed it.

Forum List

Back