This Looks Like It's Worth Reading

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
I'm ordering, I'll let you all know:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0375412921/102-6187950-9919364[/ame]

If I didn't have about 5000 pages worth of books to read already (including The Pentagon's New Map), I would totally buy that one.

gop_jeff said:
If I didn't have about 5000 pages worth of books to read already (including The Pentagon's New Map), I would totally buy that one.

Oh do I hear you! I have about 30 books, bought and waiting for me to get time to get to them. Someday...

It is interesting how Amazon.com prevents the Windows “copy and paste” function on their “look inside” the book web pages. From inside the book: “The State (note capital “S” like it was a deity) exists by virtue of its purposes, and among these are a drive for survival and freedom of action; which is strategy: for authority and legitimacy, which is law; for identity, which is history.” The author’s thesis is that strategy, law, and history are interconnected, functions of each other, and the dependent variables in some social equation called the State. I am not sure if the author intends these State characteristics to be an exhaustive list. The “look inside” the book web pages stop before this is revealed. How do technology and culture fit in? Kathianne, please let us know.

onedomino said:
It is interesting how Amazon.com prevents the Windows “copy and paste” function on their “look inside” the book web pages. From inside the book: “The State (note capital “S” like it was a deity) exists by virtue of its purposes, and among these are a drive for survival and freedom of action; which is strategy: for authority and legitimacy, which is law; for identity, which is history.” The author’s thesis is that strategy, law, and history are interconnected, functions of each other, and the dependent variables in some social equation called the State. I am not sure if the author intends these State characteristics to be an exhaustive list. The “look inside” the book web pages stop before this is revealed. How do technology and culture fit in? Kathianne, please let us know.
Already ordered. Hope to have tomorrow. I'll put it at the head of the list, but first comes my required grad readings. :baby:

Forum List

Back